Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conflicts

Options
  • 01-07-2010 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭

Recently complications have arisin in my relatinship with my girlfriend.
    She's a lesbian, I'm bisexual. I think this is the problem....has anyone had any experience in this area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Recently complications have arisin in my relatinship with my girlfriend.
    She's a lesbian, I'm bisexual. I think this is the problem....has anyone had any experience in this area?
    what are the complications ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Has very little patience with me, doesn't let me get close, even to hold her hand. I think she thinks I'm going to leave her for a man...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Is this her first relationship with a girl and/or is she still closeted to some people?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

it's very possible that she feel insecure about your commitment to the relationship- a lot of bad press goes around about bisexual women especially going 'back' to men, for an easy life. Load of poppycock if you ask me, but hey, i've been there and it's easy to get into your head.

Of course (and I hate to say this) but it may be that she's acting like this because she simply doesn't want to be in the relationship anymore. perhaps she's uncomfortable being openly affectionate in public.

how long are you guys together, and is her behavior now very different to previously?

Is this her first relationship with a girl and/or is she still closeted to some people?
    Nope :(
    zoegh wrote: »
    Of course (and I hate to say this) but it may be that she's acting like this because she simply doesn't want to be in the relationship anymore. perhaps she's uncomfortable being openly affectionate in public.

how long are you guys together, and is her behavior now very different to previously?

We were at home alone on the couch. This is a total first, she's never been like this since we got together in March and it came on all of a sudden.

• Advertisement

Hmmmm... is this her first serious relationship? You guys are only together a couple of months, maybe its abit fast for her or something?

Is it a consistent thing or has it only happened the once? If its only the once maybe she was in a mood or something. If it's consistent you should ask her about it...

Nope, she's been serious before. She's actually older and more experienced than me. It's been pretty much the same the last few days but it happened all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Have you tried talking to her about it?

She just shuts me down or tells me not to be silly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Are you sure she's not one of us (Men, that is.) ?? That sounds like a guy-thing.. not a lesbian thing. =O

But seriously.. that sounds like a classic case of someone with an attachment disorder where she's trying to push you away.. in order to see if you're going to leave her "like everyone else does" It can be a vicious game.. and tends to come up from the fear that you'll hurt her if she lets you get too close.
    (I've done this to a couple of guys.. before we were "in a relationship". but we were starting to get close. It can really poison a relationship if it's not recognised & dealt with.

There are certainly other things it could be as well. (see posts up there ^^^ )

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    She just shuts me down or tells me not to be silly :(

• Advertisement

OP, I think you need to call her on her behaviour. It's not on. It's pretty childish too...

Advertisement