Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

machine for scraping up lawn/grass sod??

Options
  • 01-07-2010 11:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

I know theres a machine that cuts/scrapes in under the grass/sod,and then you remove the lawn/sod.Its similar to a mini rotivator that you push along.But for the life of me I cannot remember what its called.:confused:

Anyone know what its called,and where you can hire 1 out??

many thanks.:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I think you might mean a scarifier (you can get manual or electric ones to buy).

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

sam hire, nationwide will know , turf striper type thingamee , de-turfer ?:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Thanks folks and thanks google aswell.

2 stroke petrol powered Sod cutter or turf cutter.

Sam Hire and other hire shops have them for around 40-50 euro a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVn4Izwg7Lc&feature=related

Saw one in operation on gardening programme with Alan Titmarsh recently. Looks like a useful machine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVn4Izwg7Lc&feature=related

Saw one in operation on gardening programme with Alan Titmarsh recently. Looks like a useful machine.

Bye bye back breaking labour and countless trips to the skip with the wheelbarrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭87pio

A sod cutter. You can hire them from Heaven hire. You can get different width of them as well. Handy machine :D

Advertisement