Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know how the ref for the final is decided

• 01-07-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

Im liking the odds of Howard Webb @ 7/4, he's been by far the best ref so far and id assume he will get it, just wondering how and when they decide though?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

My mate got Howard Webb @ 16/1 before the tournament started. He's absolutely chuffed at the minute because more than likely, it will be Webb, or should be anyway.

7/4 is a bit short IMo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

was he that big at the start?

jaysus, i think the 7/4 is alright considering he's a shoe in now unless he ****s up in a match between now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Juwwi

He was'nt given any of the quarter final matches which cant be a good sign.

I think he'll ref it but I'd need more than 7/4 to put some serious money on it.

Surely they'll be feeling sorry for the English after everything and hand an English ref the chance to shine on the Worlds Biggest Stage?
    My two cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I couldnt imagine they'd give the job of refereeing the final to Howard Webb cos they feel sorry for England!

Actually it is Sepp Blatter

• Advertisement

robbie1977 wrote: »
    He was'nt given any of the quarter final matches which cant be a good sign.

maybe they wanna weight up the rest of the referees to see if Webb has any competition, then the best of them get a semi (final lol) along with Web, and the better ref gets the final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Larriondo or whatever his name is,the Argentinian,reffed a QF game then the final in 2006

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'm sure good aul Mr. Webb will have one more match in him to produce a big **** up.

Don't rate him in the EPL but so far in the WC he's very done well I have to admit.

The guy refereeing the current Holland Brazil game won't be far off it either. From the two matches he's reffed that I've saw, he's been pretty damn good. Just a thought.

Doocey wrote: »
    The guy refereeing the current Holland Brazil game won't be far off it either. From the two matches he's reffed that I've saw, he's been pretty damn good. Just a thought.

you're on your own there anyway, i thought he was pretty crap and the lads on the panel of RTE reckon he should be sent home.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

The ref from todays game won't get it, He was shocking altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Howard Webb is a shocking referee, how he is even there I'm amazed at he is not even the best in the EPL but has had decent games in the WOrld Cup but I would be still surprised if he got it. The argentinian ref is the best in it but if they get to the final then it might be Webb.

Loving it :D
    I'm joking lads, it's Webb for me.
    Should be the Englishman anyway.

Advertisement