Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye cinema arthouse

Options
  • 01-07-2010 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone goes to the films held here. Seems like a great idea and some things look cool that they have on.

At the moment I would really like to see the film made about Brian Keenan. I'm going to ring up tomorrow to become a member.

Does anyone know how much it costs to see these films though? Surely cheaper than seeing the big hollywood films?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I've seen a couple of films there in the last year. Not really what you would call art-house in the proper sense. Foreign films really.

I saw Mesrine: L'ennemi public n°1 (Part 1 & 2). French film, very good. Not distributed much internationally I'd say.

I saw another very good film, an independent New Zealand produced film but it might have been in during the Film Festival and not in the Eye Cinema at all. Omniplex is a bit of a kip but it was beside the gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I've seen a few as well, a few foreign films (including Wolf creek :)). It isn't reserved for exclusively arty films though which in one way is a pity as tonnes of decent ones are released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭irlforum

Wolf creek is a great film. I loved that. Films like that is what I'd be interested in....ones that are not all graphics and special FX.

Advertisement