Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI 2/7/2010

• 01-07-2010 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

2 Jul 2010 St Patrick's Athletic v Galway United Richmond Park
    2 Jul 2010 Bohemians 7:45 Sporting Fingal Dalymount Park
    2 Jul 2010 Drogheda United 7:45 UCD Hunky Dorys Park
    2 Jul 2010 Sligo Rovers 7:45 Shamrock Rovers The Showgrounds

Must win game for us, so galway win :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

No offence but hope they do and we beat Bohs at least once this year :).
    We have 2 must win games in the space of 4 days Bohs tonight and Sligo on monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Must win for Shels tonight against Athlone, should be back to normal woeful play from Shels tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Yeah, no space for slipping up to sides like Athlone.

No doubt a 1-1 draw with them getting a late equaliser. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hoping we kick on from last week and beat Fingal, who are the only team we see to have any luck against :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Bohs 1-1 Franchise
    Bray P-P Dundalk
    Drogs 1-0 UCD
    Sligo 1-2 Rovers :D
    Pats 4-2 Galway

Limerick 0-0 Waterford
    Mervue 1-2 Derry
    Monaghan 3-0 Salthill
    Shels 6-3 Athlone
    Wexford 3-0 Finn Harps
    ----

Lovely win for Rovers after being 1-0 down at half time.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

baz2009 wrote: »
    Lovely win for Rovers after being 1-0 down at half time.:D

Even better when there's a red card at 1-0 and Turner scores supposedly a controversial goal.

Sweeeeeet:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We scored after 3 minutes and should have been 4 up inside 30 minutes, 2 mistakes and galway take the lead (lovely 2nd goal they got) also the end of Havertys career with pats 2 shocking mistakes :(

after that we were all over the place and game opened up faherty equalised (cracking goal) and Doyle x 2 we ran out easy winners in the end.

very entertaining game, not liking this conceding lark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dfx- wrote: »
    Even better when there's a red card at 1-0 and Turner scores supposedly a controversial goal.

Sweeeeeet:pac:

That's "The Shams" for you.

stovelid wrote: »
    That's "The Shams" for you.

Tv replays tbh the EPL fans calling for it :pac: 100% sure turners goal wouldnt have counted if it was on TV and in a world cup or league that mattered and i didnt even see it the bleedin internet told me that :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Tv replays tbh the EPL fans calling for it :pac: 100% sure turners goal wouldnt have counted if it was on TV and in a world cup or league that mattered and i didnt even see it the bleedin internet told me that :D

Getting a winning goal is one thing, but the bitter faces up in Sligo...well, it just gives you a warm feeling ,doesn't it?

• Advertisement

Getting a winning goal is one thing, but the bitter faces up in Sligo...well, it just gives you a warm feeling. ,doesn't it?

How the fook you get home so fast? :confused: 12:45 when i got home last saturday stupid driver got lost twice :(

Monday should be interesting.
    1  	St Patrick's Athletic  	18  	10  	4  	4  	28 / 10  	34
    2 	Shamrock Rovers 	19 	8 	8 	3 	19 / 14 	32
    3 	Bohemians 	18 	8 	6 	4 	24 / 16 	30
    4 	Sporting Fingal 	18 	7 	8 	3 	23 / 16 	29
    5 	Dundalk 	18 	8 	4 	6 	23 / 20 	28
    6 	UCD 	18 	7 	5 	6 	22 / 17 	26
    7 	Sligo Rovers 	18 	5 	8 	5 	26 / 17 	23
    8 	Galway United 	19 	5 	6 	8 	19 / 25 	21
    9 	Drogheda United 	19 	3 	6 	10 	17 / 38 	15
    10 	Bray Wanderers 	17 	1 	3 	13 	10 / 38 	6

I will take a draw right now or maybe another win so i can see the bitter faces up in tallaght :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Delighted we fought back for the draw, a win against Sligo on monday now and its happy days :)

How the fook you get home so fast?

Couldn't go. See Europa League thread for reason. :)

I can usually do the drive door to door in about 2.5 hours, sometimes a little less.

The faces were bitter. I don't need to be there to see them.

Couldn't go. See Europa League thread for reason. :)

Enjoy armenia (fingers crossed its there) best chance of a win and thats why i want Rovers to go there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Crazy game in Tolka, with Shels winning 6-3:eek:

Des wrote: »

That in ireland ? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

baz2009 wrote: »
    Bohs 1-1 Franchise

I'm not a fan of any particular team in the LOI but go to about 20+ games a season. Was at the Bohs Fingal game tonight, fairly poor fare but Fingal did well to draw.

On another matter this naming of Sporting Fingal as Franchise or Fungal is really starting to wear thin on this forum. Would ye not grow up and call them by their proper name? Its really childish.

On another matter this naming of Sporting Fingal as Franchise or Fungal is really starting to wear thin on this forum. Would ye not grow up and call them by their proper name? Its really childish.

Junkies are what we are called.

So our fans sing " VIVA LA JUNKIES"

Seriously its only Shels fans that call them that, we call them our B team :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm not a fan of any particular team in the LOI but go to about 20+ games a season. Was at the Bohs Fingal game tonight, fairly poor fare but Fingal did well to draw.

MOAN ALERT!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

CSF wrote: »
    MOAN ALERT!!!!!

How eloquent of you.

• Advertisement

Shels and Fungus: the hatred that even survived a division change.

:D

MOAN ALERT!!!!!

indeed and wong accusations of Junkie but who really gives a **** about a club in whatever league you in.

http://www.newstalk.ie/news/news-headlines/man-to-be-sentenced-for-cocaine-possession/

and we the junkies, and Ryan played for them when it happened.

mad that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Fungus is another one.:pac:

Franchise has kinda stuck with me over the past few months.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Disappointing but a draw was fair result I'd say, we sat back too much having taken the lead. If only Madden had put the chance away, but can't be too tough on the lad, scored some essential goals for us lately

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

What a result in Shligo. Have a read of the thread on foot.ie if you want to see the bitter red in full swing. Unreal the ****e they are posting, absolutely hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

On another matter this naming of Sporting Fingal as Franchise.....is really starting to wear thin on this forum.

You're right as it could just as easily apply to Cork, Derry or Limerick.

Tolka hosted one of the more bizarre games in its history last night. Onwards and upwards. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I got to Richmond Park about five minutes late and didn't realise we were nil up so i thought we were two down at half time and that we ended up winning three two. I couldn't understand why Galway weren't pushing more for a goal in the last couple of minutes.

Only discovered the correct score on the way back into town! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

I wont say anything about MON or the players but it was great to see Shams fans up to their old tricks.

Robbing from Centra, attacking Centras owner who was on crutchs, racially abusing Joey N'Do, one fan wrote 'SHAMRROCK ROVERS' in black marker on someones car bonnet, throwing stuff at stewards.

Cannot wait for Aug. 17th

Des wrote: »

Pity I missed it, heard Pintos and Dinnys 2nd were great goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

CiaranC wrote: »
    What a result in Shligo. Have a read of the thread on foot.ie if you want to see the bitter red in full swing. Unreal the ****e they are posting, absolutely hilarious.

I like to consider myself a level headed fan. Sure, some of the stuff posted on foot.ie that I read was a bit exaggerated but a lot of it was unfortunately true. Some of the racist crap coming from the Shamrock Rovers fans directed at Jo N'do was shocking.
    Add to that the reported attacking of a personal friend of mine who owns the Centra shop across from the showgrounds and you have a successful evening for the Shamrock Rovers scum element.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights on Monday. I wasn't in a position to see if the ball crossed the line or not.

Highlights pats galway

fahertys and currans goal were nice.

Highlights pats galway

fahertys and currans goal were nice.

Going to be a monster game on Monday.

Given our home form, I'd be worriied tbh.

Going to be a monster game on Monday.

Given our home form, I'd be worriied tbh.

ahh lack of highlights in my post

I fully expect us to go 451 with faherty up front on his own with all intentions of getting a draw.

I would take a draw now tbh, with a 451 if we go behind i dont think we are good enough to create a goal, but if we score i reckon we could play for days and Rovers wouldnt a shot in. This is an Absolute must not lose game.

ahh lack of highlights in my post

I fully expect us to go 451 with faherty up front on his own with all intentions of getting a draw.

I would take a draw now tbh, with a 451 if we go behind i dont think we are good enough to create a goal, but if we score i reckon we could play for days and Rovers wouldnt a shot in. This is an Absolute must not lose game.

To be honest, every team in the top four should be pretty ashamed. Nobody has shown the form to win the league - it's there for the taking. If you had a team like Bohs the season before last, it would have been over two months ago.

To be honest, every team in the top four should be pretty ashamed. Nobody has shown the form to win the league - it's there for the taking. If you had a team like Bohs the season before last, it would have been over two months ago.

Disagree there, we have all played very well and very badly. Feel we are the ugly sister in this race when we play badly we lose when you and Bohs play badly you get something. Our best chance is you lot being in Europe but tbh our squad/team is very weak and our manager is getting an extra % out of them honestly cant see us lasting the pace we only ahve 8 actually good players.

The form to win the league is the last 9 games someone will go on run (bohs) and win it by a few points. Only way i see us being in around then is if you lot win games in Europe but highly unlikely (oddly i would reckon we would take any of the teams on offer for LOI this year, we have pedigree). Dont see any team getting thru 3 rounds like we did 2 years in a row :cool: But i hope you do :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I like to consider myself a level headed fan. Sure, some of the stuff posted on foot.ie that I read was a bit exaggerated but a lot of it was unfortunately true. Some of the racist crap coming from the Shamrock Rovers fans directed at Jo N'do was shocking.
    Add to that the reported attacking of a personal friend of mine who owns the Centra shop across from the showgrounds and you have a successful evening for the Shamrock Rovers scum element.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights on Monday. I wasn't in a position to see if the ball crossed the line or not.

Not to mention the Sligo fans smashing two of the rovers supporters club bus windows and the "dirty orange bastard" chants directed at O'Neill, or did you forget about that in your little rant. Level headed? Sure...

Not to mention the Sligo fans smashing two of the rovers supporters club bus windows and the "dirty orange bastard" chants directed at O'Neill, or did you forget about that in your little rant. Level headed? Sure...

Ok sir, why don't we add in Mr O'Neill going after Dermot Brannigan on the sideline for no reason and the Shamrock Rovers knackers picking on a bunch of local kids as they walked back to their seats at HT?
    And no, the kids they picked on were not trouble makers, it was 2 of my nephews and his friends from school.

You could go on and on to be honest. Someone writing Shamrock Rovers on a sligo reg car with permanent marker, stealing from a shop. These are all uncalled for acts. I don't know who smashed the windows on the bus and this is the first I am hearing of it. I don't agree with it obviously, but it's not as if it was done for no reason. It never happens here, where as it's a regular occurance at other clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Ok sir, why don't we add in Mr O'Neill going after Dermot Brannigan on the sideline for no reason and the Shamrock Rovers knackers picking on a bunch of local kids as they walked back to their seats at HT?
    And no, the kids they picked on were not trouble makers, it was 2 of my nephews and his friends from school.

You could go on and on to be honest. Someone writing Shamrock Rovers on a sligo reg car with permanent marker, stealing from a shop. These are all uncalled for acts. I don't know who smashed the windows on the bus and this is the first I am hearing of it. I don't agree with it obviously, but it's not as if it was done for no reason. It never happens here, where as it's a regular occurance at other clubs.
    Thats three times in two years your fans have attacked our bus, the most family friendly of our supporters buses mind, full of older fellas with young kids, the brave lads.

I've no idea if half of this is true but if you want to appear fair and balanced in your assessment, you should discuss the incidents caused by both sets of fans rather than just focusing on the opposition. There are some muppets supporting Rovers and there are some muppets following Sligo.

However, easily the most serious incident to happen at the game was the two windows being smashed on the bus, carrying mainly families including small children, and there is no valid reason for it as you seem to suggest. You say "It never happens here", actually it has happened several times. It happened against rovers before and also happened against Galway in 2003. I guess some Galway fans stole some sweets from the local Spar and in doing so justified the smashing of the bus windows...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rovers fans racking up the tally of clubs where their fans are called scum over their actions, they accuse the opposition of being just as bad, yet when all those other teams play each other, nothing really ever seems to happen. Everyone else's fans become scum when they play Rovers. Couldn't just be that there is a massive problem at Shamrock Rovers football club, never. It is a two-way thing. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

• Advertisement

I've no idea if half of this is true but if you want to appear fair and balanced in your assessment, you should discuss the incidents caused by both sets of fans rather than just focusing on the opposition. There are some muppets supporting Rovers and there are some muppets following Sligo.

I'm sorry if it came across this way, I was just responding to CiaranC's post.

However, easily the most serious incident to happen at the game was the two windows being smashed on the bus, carrying mainly families including small children, and there is no valid reason for it as you seem to suggest. You say "It never happens here", actually it has happened several times. It happened against rovers before and also happened against Galway in 2003. I guess some Galway fans stole some sweets from the local Spar and in doing so justified the smashing of the bus windows...

I agree with this, it was stupid to attack the bus, wsther or not it was carrying children or not, forgive me for taking the ''families and small children'' bit with a pinch of salt, because it seems everytime at everyone's stadiums when a bus is attacked it's claimed to be full of the helpless children.

Also, I don't remember saying the incident of stealing stuff from the shop was related to the windows of the bus being broken.

I think the 2003 incident was when the Galway keeper, believe it or not, attacked one of the Sligo Rovers ballboys for not giving him the ball back fast enough.
    I was quite shocked when he pushed the kid to the ground.

Rovers fans racking up the tally of clubs where their fans are called scum over their actions, they accuse the opposition of being just as bad, yet when all those other teams play each other, nothing really ever seems to happen. Everyone else's fans become scum when they play Rovers. Couldn't just be that there is a massive problem at Shamrock Rovers football club, never. It is a two-way thing. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I guess you missed the part where I said it about the Galway bus being attacked in Sligo.

Yeah nothing ever happens when other teams play eachother :rolleyes: There is a long list of incidents that don't involve Rovers. I won't even bother start to list them...

Oatesy wrote:

I think the 2003 incident was when the Galway keeper, believe it or not, attacked one of the Sligo Rovers ballboys for not giving him the ball back fast enough.
    I was quite shocked when he pushed the kid to the ground.

Are you justifying smashing windows again?

I guess you missed the part where I said it about the Galway bus being attacked in Sligo.

Were they Sligo fans? And likeso with windows being smashed on the Rovers bus last night?

Are you justifying smashing windows again?

I'm not justifying s**t. You said ''I guess some Galway fans stole some sweets from the local spar''. I was correcting you and giving you the reason why it happened, not condoning it.

Correction 1: It was a lot more serious than stealing sweets.
    Correction 2: It was a centra, not a spar :p.

And the Galway keeper was arrested after the match too I think.

Were they Sligo fans?

Clearly it was not Sligo fans. It must have been Shamrock Rovers fans that turned up at a Sligo - Galway game in disguise to smash windows as they are the only supporters in the country to cause trouble, no?

Clearly it was not Sligo fans. It must have been Shamrock Rovers fans that turned up at a Sligo - Galway game in disguise to smash windows as they are the only supporters in the country to cause trouble, no?

Well it obviously happened outside the ground, hence asking were they Sligo fans?

It's just schooligan knackers that Sligo Rovers have small problems with. Whereas with Shamrock Rovers the people that cause trouble are not kids. They have the biggest fan problem in the league.

It's just schooligan knackers that Sligo Rovers have small problems with.

And they were the ones who smashed the windows of the Shams and Galway buses?

And they were the ones who smashed the windows of the Shams and Galway buses?

Shamrock Rovers - That would be my guess.
    Galway - I can't remember, it was 7 years ago.

The knackers collect stones just down the road from the showgrounds. I saw a couple of young lads gathered there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement