Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI 2/7/2010

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

We've had our bus windows smashed all over the country, lads. And I've witnessed plenty of supporters from all of your clubs up to no good before.

The Sligo lads stoning the bus were apparently doing it in full view of your local police. Nice. And the stewards, management and support of that club have deliberately turned up the heat on a fixture that used to be fine and one of my favourite away trips.

You might find more Rovers supporters being less on the defensive about our troublemakers if there wasn't such a ridiculous bias here and elsewhere. I can think of at least 2-3 recent incidents involving other clubs that the Shels lads have failed to get worked up about, but every single incident involving our support is a talking point.

It's like your obsession with Fingal: maybe it's a Dublin bragging-rights thing or somebody got a slap at some stage or the extended stay in the first division is embittering you, I don't know.

All I know is that I won't be debating this much further as it's just a witch hunt at this stage.
    Well it obviously happened outside the ground, hence asking were they Sligo fans?

So everything that happens outside the ground might not necessarily be blamed on supporters of the club? That's funny because you're always the first on here with your hearsay tickertape updates of every supposed incident in the wider tallaght area when Rovers play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyhoo full round of games tonight.

19:45 Dundalk ? - ? Drogheda United

19:45 Galway ? - ? Bray Wanderers

19:45 Sporting Fingal ? - ? Sligo Rovers

19:45 UC Dublin ? - ? Bohemians

20:00 Shamrock Rovers ? - ? St. Patricks

Lads remember unless your a player stay off the pitch :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyhoo full round of games tonight.

19:45 Dundalk ? - ? Drogheda United

19:45 Galway ? - ? Bray Wanderers

19:45 Sporting Fingal ? - ? Sligo Rovers

19:45 UC Dublin ? - ? Bohemians

20:00 Shamrock Rovers ? - ? St. Patricks

Lads remember unless your a player stay off the pitch :D

Heading up the night?

Not even going to try and predict the result. Judging by recent games, Pats will definitely turn up on the field; just hope we do.

On the field, not on the field. I mean :pac:

stovelid wrote: »
    Heading up the night?

if i get out of work on time, unlikely tho. Have to let the rovers scu...... workmate out early cos he came in early :D

take a boring 0-0 draw reckon our game vs sligo was a dress rehearsal for this 451 Faherty up front on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

So everything that happens outside the ground might not necessarily be blamed on supporters of the club? That's funny because you're always the first on here with your hearsay tickertape updates of every supposed incident in the wider tallaght area when Rovers play?

When I comment on crap that happens I usually know someone who was there as I know a few Rovers lads. And well the Luas one was because I knew 2 of the people beaten and a few of the lads involved, one whos a Rovers fan but hadn't been to a match in over a year as he got a bit of a kick about in Crumlin off some Bohs lads.;)

dreamers75 wrote: »
    if i get out of work on time, unlikely tho. Have to let the rovers scu...... workmate out early cos he came in early :D

take a boring 0-0 draw reckon our game vs sligo was a dress rehearsal for this 451 Faherty up front on his own.

Hard one.

Might even stand you a bottle of physeptone pint the next time you're up. ;)
    When I comment on crap that happens I usually know someone who was there as I know a few Rovers lads. And well the Luas one was because I knew 2 of the people beaten and a few of the lads involved, one whos a Rovers fan but hadn't been to a match in over a year as he got a bit of a kick about in Crumlin off some Bohs lads.;)

I don't want to see Sligo become somewhere that's like Dundalk to go. I've always had a good time there; I like the town, and have got on great with any Reds I've met in the local pubs. Same when they travel here. I think there is definitely a small number of Sligo supporters and the club themselves are really stoking up the rivalry at the minute. The games have been getting rough too: some of the tackling in the last two games was dangerous, especially the first game of the season where our players were being kicked around.

Hard one.

Might even stand you a bottle of physeptone pint the next time you're up. ;)

Coke or GTF tbh :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

UCD away... yay.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I don't want to see Sligo become somewhere that's like Dundalk to go.

Somewhere where your scumbag fans will get a reaction from other scumbag fans? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The games have been getting rough too: some of the tackling in the last two games was dangerous, especially the first game of the season where our players were being kicked around.

L.M.A.O big time.

A Michael O'Neill team complaining about being kicked around?!

doncarlos wrote: »
    Somewhere where your scumbag fans will get a reaction from other scumbag fans? :rolleyes:

All the effort from Cook, your club and some of your support to make the fixture into a hot one is becoming a self-fulfilling prophesy.

You could just go ahead and ban the rovers support instead of cramming them in with no tickets. Except the gates are probably the first thing on your IN column when you're doing your budget.

Be interesting to see the footage of the tackle and the goal too. The former is just the fruit of Cook no doubt stoking up your players to damage us: they broke Baker's arm in the first game and very nearly did Billy badly last Friday by the sounds of it.
    Oatesy23 wrote: »

A Michael O'Neill team complaining about being kicked around?!

We've been woeful to watch but we're not a dirty team. Sometimes we could do with a little more grit actually.

Happy with that, solid performance, looked decent going forward.

Madden is really proving himelf lately, 9 goals in 5 games; 6 in 4 in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hahahaha, Suarez is a Hoop! :)

Nuts game at Tallaght.

We equalized and then had a goal disallowed, Billy Dennehy sent off for handling on the line in dying minutes and then Mannus saved Guy's peno.

Rovers played good football after drawing level and were worth the win overall.

Cracking atmo at Tallaght: best since the Bohs game and a decent Pat's crowd

Highlight of night: Hooperman slapping his forearm. Why on earth was he doing that? :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I go away since last Thursday after seeing 4-5 games of tedious dullness and then miss two 2-1 wins from 0-1 down..

What's that - 1 win in 8 against Rovers..that's gotta hurt :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

dfx- wrote: »

It doesn't matter, sure you lot will **** up against Bray, UCD, Drogs and the likes. As usual.

dfx- wrote: »
    I go away since last Thursday after seeing 4-5 games of tedious dullness and then miss two 2-1 wins from 0-1 down..

Something clicked tonight. At least after the equalizer anyway. Some nice play at times and Paddy had a stormer. Equalizer was a cracker. Hopefully we can kick off a run now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

That was great craic. World cup me bollix, roll on Dundawk on Sunday

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It doesn't matter, sure you lot will **** up against Bray, UCD, Drogs and the likes. As usual.

Doesn't really bother me now. Rovers went 4 years without a home win against Pats, then 3 in just over a year and then away from home too. :cool:

bleh

:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Paddy's on fire!

Any fans on the pitch in Tallaght tonight?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

If Pats don't win anything this season, they will at least win the award for worst banner of the season.

"What do rovers fans do when they win in Europe? Turn off their PS3s and go back to bed with their sisters"

Banner fail!

If Pats don't win anything this season, they will at least win the award for worst banner of the season.

"What do rovers fans do when they win in Europe? Turn off their PS3s and go back to bed with their sisters"

Banner fail!
    Aye, should have said brothers ;)

Aye, should have said brothers ;)

Sheep you mean, that's what Wicklow folk do don't they!?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ahhh bless, little Shels lads trying to get involved.

Touch a nerve :P

Lads?

That's what the banner said? Hope you didn't spend too much time making that one up, lads. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

CiaranC wrote: »
    That was great craic. World cup me bollix, roll on Dundawk on Sunday

Doubt there'll be too many of us in Talla' with Louth in the Leinster final clashing with it.
    Can't see Dundalk getting anything from this game. We've been muck for weeks and shamrock are coming into a run of form. Badly missing Burns and Cherrie. Cawley is a liability in the centre of midfield.

• Advertisement

Pete Mahon doing his nut on RTE radio over the incident in injury time last night. I saw it on the TV last night, didnt look to cross the line at all to me.

Hope ye'll be paying your fine for the flare too, lads.

Was good to see one again, tbh. :(

Hope ye'll be paying your fine for the flare too, lads.

Was good to see one again, tbh. :(
    It was smoke, not a flare, no? Didnt think smoke canisters were banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Given the paucity of the performance, I'm pretty happy with a 2-2. The team never really got going, and it was probably the worst defensive performance of the season. Only really looked like taking the iniative when Bray went 2-1 up. Barry Ryan had another erratic game, at fault for both goals imo.

Elsewhere, Foley had a terrible game. Gave the ball away constantly and some ambitious efforts on goal wasn't what the side needed when they could hardly string two passes together. O'Brien, Curran, O'Donnell, Sheppard - all had quiet games.

On the upside around 1200 showed up. Good crowd for a Monday night, considering the club's financial difficulties it's a great attendance. Hopefully it won't be a one-off!

Ah right. Thought it looked good all the same.

Says on their forum that the lad that let it off was thrown out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

SRFCtv coverage of the Sligo match clearly points out that the inane ramblings of Sligo fans on foot.ie are clearly way off the mark. The sending off was fully deserved as a straight red card and Turners header was over the line. The straight red was a particularly nasty tackle and could have done serious damage.

Ye they're banned too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Paddy Madden is looking like the main man for Bohs.

The finish against Fingal was just pure class. Reminded me of John O'Flynn actually.

That's what the banner said? Hope you didn't spend too much time making that one up, lads. :D

They not allowed bring the NR one as it incites Rovers fans for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Paddy Madden is looking like the main man for Bohs.

The finish against Fingal was just pure class. Reminded me of John O'Flynn actually.

Similarly fantastic finish against UCD last night. We'll do well to hold onto him in the window. Playing some great football at the moment, nearly impossible to pick out a MOM last night.

bohsman wrote: »
    Similarly fantastic finish against UCD last night. We'll do well to hold onto him in the window. Playing some great football at the moment, nearly impossible to pick out a MOM last night.
    Aye, just a good team performance. Think the break really helped us tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Buttimer is a disgrace.

Connor livid at referee's remark
    http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3831/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hope he gets sacked, absolute disgrace.

Just when you thought refs couldnt ge any worse...

Just when you thought refs couldnt ge any worse...

In fairness the FAI are on the case regarding the refs, they banned Hancock for not sending off Quigley for his horror tackle on Coughlan. Then for his 1st came back after the ban he was in richmond.............oh wait :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement