Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Messed up

• 02-07-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

I put floor tiles down a while ago and decided to do it again in a shed nwith a concrete floor, so i went to homebase asked the chap for the tiles for floor and the Tile Cement, then i realised i had messed up.

i started off great but when it came to cutting them i was ok for two then it went pear shaped, everytime i tried to cut it it would break, i got so fed up i decided to make a mosaic effort of all the bits, then i didnt have enough Tile Cement so i had to leave one tile out

on hindside i have just realised that the floor should have been levelled as it has a few high bits which i didnt realise,and i now think the Tile stuff he gave me is only for grout and not for laying tiles oh godddddddddddd this is the product he gave me in picture.

Can you recommend a grout that i can use as i havent grouted tiles yet ?
    have i ruined it only good thing is i will have a freezer over it and a press so there wont be much floor showing aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

364806HBO111111M.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Your post comes across quite confusing. I have read it a couple of times and the best I can imagine is

a. You want to rec a floor grout. Any really. But go with a flex grout as it sounds like you might have movement. Grey is the norm

b. Your looking for a floor adhesive and you keep calling it a grout. You just need a floor adhesive. Anyone will do on concrete as there is no movement but a flex is prob best again.

As for the floor itself. Its always good to prime it before tiling with a bit of PVA.

Advertisement