Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial Advisers Assistant Traineeship

• 02-07-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am a bit new to posting on boards .ie but there we go.......
    I have a question and maybe some of you out there can help me...
    I have been made redundant few weeks ago and having a look at other options while looking for a new job...
    I saw Fas is doing the above course of Financial Adviser's Assistant and want to find out if you know anybody who did this course, what they thought of it, if there would be any chance to even be considered when jobs come up in this area after finishing this course.........???

Living the life

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Dont know anything about that course but i think you would be better doing the QFA qualification as that is what is required in the financial industry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭herbalplants

thanks for your answer...i would be afraid this course wouldn't be enough to work in this area even i have lots of experience is similar areas and also 3rd level degree anyway

Living the life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

It really depends on what area you want to get into, this course seems geared towards insurance/mortgage brokers offices as opposed to the financial services sector.
    The qfa is the mimimun competancy requirements now required for all financial advisors, but it will cost you. So if your not working and want something to do, go do this one, sure its only a couple of months and won't do any harm on your cv. If you are in a position to pay for a course, the qfa would be the one to do.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Moved from Banking, Insurance & Pensions.

Advertisement