Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help with my lizard please !!!

Options
  • 02-07-2010 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭

baught 2 babby beardies last week , and i think one of them is sick, , he keeps falling and only moves in circles , keeps his head turned to one side , is there anything i can do , also theres no vets near me that no anything about reptiles

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Sounds like his gut is impacted.Are you keeping him on sand?And if so what type?

Baby Beardies should never be kept on sand as it blocks their gut if ingested.

Advice--you really need to get him to poop.A warm bath up this shoulder level should do this.

Also get rid of the sand and put down paper.Ordinary a4 sheets or newspaper will do until the beardies are about 6-8 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭antocann

hi tanx for the info , yeh there on sand , i was gonna put them on paper but the guy inthe pet shop already had them on sand ,

so a short list of what to do ,

1, get rid of the sand
    2 put paper down ,
    3 get him a warm bath , i usualy bath my other lizards once a week so thats no problem
    4 jus keep an eye on him

ok , tried the wrm bath , but no sign of it doin anything , any other ideas?

i only got the babys a week ago , could it have anything to do with the way they were bred ?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

No it sounds like they are impacted,.....go to www.herpireland.com (an irish reptile forum) and they'll be able to tell you more theres loads of bearded dragon keepers on there ;) good luck

tnx , i actualy registerd there ages ago forgot all about it , i posted page on there so hopeflly i get the help needed , thnx for the replys

• Advertisement
Advertisement