Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your #1 CAO choice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 WorriedAsFluff

Lsad fo life!!!! fingers crossed haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

i like pie wrote: »
    first preference applications through the cao have fallen from 380 to 280! hopefully the points will reflect that:rolleyes:

Can you, or anyone, post a link to where I can see the first preference applications thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

This whole forum makes me sick with worry

i like pie wrote: »
    first preference applications through the cao have fallen from 380 to 280! hopefully the points will reflect that:rolleyes:

Only 280 people had Pharmacy as first preference.:eek: Sure there is more pharmacy spaces in the pharmacy courses in Ireland than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cxh20y

1. Veterinary Medicine UCD
    2. Animal Science UCD
    3. Zoology UCD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

Can you, or anyone, post a link to where I can see the first preference applications thing?

sure no problem, this is from the cao website! just use the bottom box and fill in 2010 to see the statistics:)
    http://www2.cao.ie/dir_report/content.htm
    Only 280 people had Pharmacy as first preference.:eek: Sure there is more pharmacy spaces in the pharmacy courses in Ireland than that.

isn't there only around 150 places? i think each of the three colleges only take 50 applicants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭tammyme

Level 8

Applied psych- ucc
    Social science- ucc
    arts- ucc
    ......etc

Level 7

Social care- cit
    and i can't remember what else was on it!

I got an early offer of Social Science in UCC but i think i want social care in CIT more.............decisions, decisions! lol dunno if i'll even get offered cit so there might be no decision at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrick151

Level 8s are all I really care about tbh so mine are

1. Engineering @ trinity
    2. Science @ trinity
    3. Digital media engineering @ dcu
    4. Applied physics @ dcu

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

patrick151 wrote: »
    1. Engineering @ trinity
    2. Science @ trinity

I might see you around! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭frankymail

1 DCU Communications
    2 DCU Multimedia
    3 DCU Gaeilge & Iriseoireacht (Irish & Journalism)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Computing at NCI is my number 1 choice for Level 6/7 and Level 8.I don't have a lot of hope getting an offer because I was rejected/ignored from all the PLC courses I applied for, so I have the feeling if I didn't get a place on any of those, I don't have much of a chance getting on a degree course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Primary Teacing in Pats:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kmhenry

#1 Business Studies and French- TCD
    #2 BESS- TCD
    #3 European Business (French)- DCU etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

1. Childcare in WIT
    2.Psychology in WIT

But the more I think about it, the more I wish I had put Psychology first, so I'm seriously considering doing a PLC course on Childcare for a year, then doing Psychology the next year, or I could realise Childcare is actually what I want after all.

It took a month of kicking myself before I realised I could just do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sarah93

1. Media Arts - DIT
    2. Engineering - UCD
    3. Physics with Astronomy and Space Science - UCD
    4. Science - UCD
    5. Arts (English and Film) - UCD

But I'm hoping on getting my UCAS place doing Media Arts over in England.

Aoifey! wrote: »
    1. Childcare in WIT
    2.Psychology in WIT

But the more I think about it, the more I wish I had put Psychology first, so I'm seriously considering doing a PLC course on Childcare for a year, then doing Psychology the next year, or I could realise Childcare is actually what I want after all.

It took a month of kicking myself before I realised I could just do this

OHHHH lucky you put childcare first! the psych course in WIT has no accredation so you actually end up with nothing after putting all the work in!:(

tammyme wrote: »
    OHHHH lucky you put childcare first! the psych course in WIT has no accredation so you actually end up with nothing after putting all the work in!:(

Really? Have you done the course? I really don't know what to do, I don't want to move far away but Psychology looks so interesting

I would love to do a proper psych course too but points are crazy!
    the first year that psych course was introduced, it was direct entry. i wanted to apply to it so i went down there (i'm from cork) and met a woman who was going to be one of the lecturers. i told her what i wanted out of it (to go on and do a masters or doctorate in clinical or experimental psych) and she was the one who told me that it wld be a complete waste of my time as i wouldn't be able to use it for any further studies as it wasn't a recognised course!! (I was GUTTED!!) she said that they were hoping to get university status in the next 10 yrs and then they wld be able to apply to have it recognised but thats no use to anyone doing it now.

Would you consider social science with social care? (for nxt yr maybe or if there are any vacant places)
    thats the one i applied for and got at the time but decided i didn't want to leave cork (i'm a total homebird!)

Its like a mix of childcare and psych with some other interesting modules thrown in!
    i've done an Applied psych and social studies plc course and a Social Care plc course and they were very similar in parts.
    Hope this might be of some help!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

Comp. Sci in UCC ( CK401 )

tammyme wrote: »
    I would love to do a proper psych course too but points are crazy!
    the first year that psych course was introduced, it was direct entry. i wanted to apply to it so i went down there (i'm from cork) and met a woman who was going to be one of the lecturers. i told her what i wanted out of it (to go on and do a masters or doctorate in clinical or experimental psych) and she was the one who told me that it wld be a complete waste of my time as i wouldn't be able to use it for any further studies as it wasn't a recognised course!! (I was GUTTED!!) she said that they were hoping to get university status in the next 10 yrs and then they wld be able to apply to have it recognised but thats no use to anyone doing it now.

Would you consider social science with social care? (for nxt yr maybe or if there are any vacant places)
    thats the one i applied for and got at the time but decided i didn't want to leave cork (i'm a total homebird!)

Its like a mix of childcare and psych with some other interesting modules thrown in!
    i've done an Applied psych and social studies plc course and a Social Care plc course and they were very similar in parts.
    Hope this might be of some help!:)

Thanks for the heads up :) I'll look into it more and see what my options are. Even if I do a PLC this year and spend a lot of time researching things. Thing is, like you, I don't want to leave home so really WIT is my only option right now. Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 casadenikki

1. Maths and Psycology - TCD
    2. Science -TCD

1. Maths and Psycology - TCD
    2. Science -TCD

FINALLY! Someone elae applying for TCD Maths! I'm not alone! :D

FINALL! Someone elae applying for TCD Maths! I'm not alone! :D
    yay :D god i thought i was alone too. and I know absolutely no-one going to Trinity :P hopefully we both get in though :)

yay :D god i thought i was alone too. and I know absolutely no-one going to Trinity :P hopefully we both get in though :)

I know no one going there either, apart from one guy, but he's also applied to UCAS. :p

Good luck Wednesday and Monday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

I know no one going there either, apart from one guy, but he's also applied to UCAS. :p

Good luck Wednesday and Monday. :)

I'll be there doing maths too(fingers crossed!), so now you know two people!!!

Good luck to everyone this week too!

Are either of you two applying for accodomation in Trinity Hall??

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Not sure yet I'll have to see if i get it first and then secondly see how my friends get on. If they get their courses then we'll prob get a place together in the city as some of them are hoping for DIT. If they don't get their course and I do then I'll prob apply for halls.

I will be :) you too? Really hope I manage to get a place there cause il be moving from cork... Hopefully we all get in now :D

I will be :) you too? Really hope I manage to get a place there cause il be moving from cork... Hopefully we all get in now :D

Yeah, me too. If I don't get a place in Hall I'll have to commute every day from Tipperary. :o

• Advertisement

Yeah, me too. If I don't get a place in Hall I'll have to commute every day from Tipperary. :o

All the way from tipp? God that would be awful, we can just build a cardboard house on campus or something to live in :D what do you have down second?

Advertisement