Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darren Barker v Matthew Macklin - LG Arena, Birmingham - 18th September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Macklin stops Barker. Barker apparently doesn't have a good chin and Macklin has the power to test it and stop Barker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Macklin by KO/TKO
    great card, fair play Frank Warren, might take a trip up to Birmingham for this one.

Macklin to win on points or via a late stoppage. Barker isn't great but he's not as bad as people make out either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Macklin by annihilation :cool:

Serious card, top top class. Few of the fighters could be in for world title shots afterwards as well. I hear Rhodes vs Margarito is on the cards (imagine how good a fight jamie moore vs margarito would have been).

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=24311&more=1

Macklin vs Barker will be good while it lasts but Mack the knife will just be too sharp!! Mack stoppage 7th round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭BoxingIrel.com

Most of the Brits I know think that Macklin with be outclassed and outboxed.

Anyway - who is going? I am going to go down to it fo-show!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭whaaames

Macklin by KO/TKO
    Thats a cracking card, would love to go to that show....Best card i've heard in a good good while...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Feargal as Luimneach

Most of the Brits I know think that Macklin with be outclassed and outboxed.

Anyway - who is going? I am going to go down to it fo-show!
    Mise

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Rang the numbers here http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/boxing/3038739/Frank-Warren-has-lined-up-a-bumper-show-for-September-18.html

and went to the websites. Tickets are not on sale yet I think. Anyone know if they are ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I will be heading over to it.its an excellent card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I'm looking at going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

The skill level is quite similar, but Macklin hits much harder, has better stamina and a better chin aswell. I think it could be close for the opening few rounds but I think once Macklin catches him big(and he should be able to) he won't let Barker off the hook and we'll get another Elcock like scenario. Macklin is World class, Barker is fringe World class and that'll be shown up in their fight.

• Advertisement

I've booked into the Novotel in Brum.

Its within a short walking distance from the airport, train station and the NEC. Novotel are usually decent quality with good service as well.

I've posted this elsewhere and some other Irish fans are going to book in here as well, we are going to try and make this a bit of a "Camp Ireland". Hopefully see some of ye caaaants there. :D

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/377_novotel-birmingham-airport-birmingham.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 longwaytipp

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE TO TICKETMASTER UK, THEIR ON FRANK WARRENS SITE BUT HAVE NO SEATING PLAN...MACKLIN IS GONNA MAKE A PASTE OUT OF BARKER

tickets have now been released.

Macklin is getting ready to head back to the Wild Card Gym in two weeks time for the training camp.

where did you get them?..thanks..will freddie roach be in matts corner?

Yes, where can you buy them ?

tickets have now been released.

Macklin is getting ready to head back to the Wild Card Gym in two weeks time for the training camp.
    Not on Ticketmaster:( Are they on another site?:confused:

Thats a touting site.

Tickets went on sale at 12:00 today. Just bought mine. £110 for 2.

http://www.lgarena.co.uk/whatson/world-championship-boxing

Got my tickets, won't book hotel or flights till near fight time. Just hope Macklin v Barker fight doesn't end up cancelled.:(

got mine aswell...cannot wait!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

Got my tickets, won't book hotel or flights till near fight time. Just hope Macklin v Barker fight doesn't end up cancelled.:(

should book your hotel as its generally refundable, but your right bout the flights

ya you should, booking.com i used, dont pay til i get there, the hotels will start to fill up fast around the arena

I'd book the flights. Booked mine. Out Sat afternoon, back Sun afternoon. €40 incl credit card fee. They will only go up

makl wrote: »
    should book your hotel as its generally refundable, but your right bout the flights
    Will get the woman to book the Hotel but will hold off on flights;)

make sure you book into the Novotel - its beside the airport and the NEC (LG Arena) and were are going going to make it "Camp Ireland"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

actually didnt mean refundable half asleep at time, ye generally just dont pay til closer to time or in the hotel. more or less the same but.

m7poster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Is that the same lad Lee wants to fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

I'd love to go to that card.

Unfortunately, my post-Oxegen funds aren't anywhere near sufficient.

• Advertisement

Macklin will split his time between Machester (Sligoman) Joe Gallagher and Freddie Roach.

http://boxing-ireland.com/20100715_team_macklin_35.html

Advertisement