Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N17 shopping centre

Options
  • 02-07-2010 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

anyone hear about joyces365 coming to tuam if car parking spaces were available in the plaza in front of centre ?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Heard that he had visited the centre on a couple of occasions but decided against leasing the vacant supermarket. The multi storey car park simply hasn't worked at this shopping centre.

The rest of the businesses must be struggling without an anchor tenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I think the charge for parking might have been the straw that broke the camels back there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

That has been rumoured for a very long time now.

If they don't get someone in soon, the place will close. Not even bringing parking down to €2 a day will help at this stage. It would be ideal for a small tesco like the one on the Headford Road in Galway which is doing an absolute bomb . . . and particularly when the Tesco shopping centre in Tuam was blown out of the water again.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd love a Tesco if only for their Garlic Mayonaisse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

I think the Car park is about the only thing that is working for them there, it is busy most days with people parking there for the day. €7 per week is €2 cheaper than the Cathedral and the €2's all add up. I can see how a retailer would not want there to be a charge though, and the parking spaces outside the centre as far as I am aware are not in the remit of the centre. There are ways around it like the ticket stamping, although not ideal. They really need a break in that place and hopefully they will get one soon, the sooner the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kardarie

I was down in the centre a day last week and was chatting to a fellow that works there. Off the record he said that Tesco were looking at it for a Tesco express as the development on the Milltown road was turned down in the final planning stages where they were ear marked for. But i dont think this will happen somehow. Seems to me that the area would be too small for them. And as there is a Granted Planning Permission close to this one i'd say they may well wait for that yet.

kardarie wrote: »
    I was down in the centre a day last week and was chatting to a fellow that works there. Off the record he said that Tesco were looking at it for a Tesco express as the development on the Milltown road was turned down in the final planning stages where they were ear marked for. But i dont think this will happen somehow. Seems to me that the area would be too small for them. And as there is a Granted Planning Permission close to this one i'd say they may well wait for that yet.

So what is the story? Are tesco coming or not? You are not sure of your information and you are second guessing. So you think they may come to the Glynn's development? Or not? Maybe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kardarie

dec25532 wrote: »
    So what is the story? Are tesco coming or not? You are not sure of your information and you are second guessing. So you think they may come to the Glynn's development? Or not? Maybe!!

Well i took it boards is a website for discussion isn't it...! I was told of the story and i am retelling it here. But personally i think that the unit is too small for Tesco unless they stick in an express there. Since they were earmarked for the Milltown road development i was simply saying that they would be looking for a larger outlet. Never mentioned anything about the Glynns development.

As for asking me if tesco coming or not, i dont know that unfortunately...?

Advertisement