Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light in the sky on 30th at 11.55pm?

Options
  • 02-07-2010 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what this thing was. On Wednsday night at about 11:55 roughly south,south,west at an elevation of about 60degrees I was standing in my back garden having a smoke and I looked up into the sky. Straight away I noticed a "star" because it was a lot bigger/brighter than any star normally is. It was slightly more to the west than the star that is normally the brightest star (whatever that one is called), and was about 3 times bigger/brighter than that one. I was watching it for about 2 minutes and then suddenly it just starting fading slowly and continued to do so for about 30 seconds untill it was smaller/less bright than the usual brightest star to the east of it. It faded to about half the size of the other one then stayed at that brightness for another 30 seconds or so, then faded out of sight.

Does anyone know what it was? Was there anything specific that would match that description that was supposed to be visible at that time in that area of sky? Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement