Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting bad performance

Options
  • 02-07-2010 1:59am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, having some really bad performance with BC2 lately.

I installed the latest drivers to find they are totally crap. Used driver sweeper to clean if off and reinstalled my older drivers. Performance is better, but nowhere near as good as it used to be. Cant get my head around it. Had to do a Windows 7 reinstall later that week anyway.

Still getting bad performance (40-60fps, where i was getting between 70-90)

My Specs:
    Core i7 860 oc'ed at 3.6ghz
    8GB ddr3 ram
    gtx295
    Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

Settings, everything high, except HBAO and vync, both are off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You will find that with new patches etc....its the same for the latest ATi drivers 10.6 absolute dire performance for 99% of the people. I am running 10.4 drivers as I have to adjust the 2d clocks to stop the card freezing and the 10.5 drivers do not allow it.

Re installing win7 is not going to solve it (you were prolly doing it anyway) but I have noticed the game is not as FLUID as it use to be.....Having said that the VSYNC fix in the latest patch has made it alot smoother and playable....without that occasional flutter.

Have you installed anything else that might interfere cherry?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Have you installed anything else that might interfere cherry?

pdf creator is the only thing I've installed in the 2/3 weeks. very much doubt that interferes with nothing :pac:

Just try this mate.....turn off all AA and AF in the drivers and ingame. Its a well know fact that the AA in the game is fugged up anyway. So application set it....

But try it and see if the performance is better....obviously it will coz the demanding stuff is off but slowly tweak until you get it right.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

already have tried. hardly makes an ounce of difference :(

Hope your HDD is not on the blink....:confused:

• Advertisement

nah, everything else runs grand (well tbh I dont really notice the change in performance in framerate in any other game, as the rig runs everything else perfectly and i have frame limiters on)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'd suggest moving or deleting the BFBC2 folder under your My Documents. There's been a bunch of people reporting that doing so sorted strangely low performance.

Advertisement