Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart-Digiweb new offer

• 02-07-2010 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

New smart-Digiweb offer, and new lie ( hiding the truth )

3483kib.jpg

the truth is : 170 GB = upload + download allowance

thank you no smart-digiweb :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Lot better than eircom NGB 1Mb...even is the "U" word is abused yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Never again smart. Tried to order broadband from them,wait 4 wk and today when i rang them they told me that im too far -didnt give me any message before.When i email them they said that everything its fine. Very bad customer service dont recommend them any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

The wireless Digiweb allowance for 39.95 is 30 GB ?? Do you get a phone line ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

LOL, look at how bad Digiweb/Smart has no become, even Eircom are cheaper then them.

Eircom 24mb/1mb BB + free off peak calls €69.99
    The same price as 24MB from Digiweb/Smart, but Smart doesn't include the free calls, that is an extra €5 per month.

By comparison
    Magnet 24mb/1mb BB + free off peak calls and no cap €54.99
    or €240 a year cheaper then Digiweb/Smart and with no cap!!!!

I wouldn't even bother to compare with UPC.

It is a very sad state of affairs, once upon a time Smart was the leading light of the industry, now it is a sad shadow of it's old self.

I have to wonder why Digiweb even bothered to buy Smart if this is all they were going to do with them, surely no one is signing up to Smart at these prices and surely they are losing customers, so why bother?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

bk wrote: »
    LOL, look at how bad Digiweb/Smart has no become, even Eircom are cheaper then them.

Eircom 24mb/1mb BB + free off peak calls €69.99
    The same price as 24MB from Digiweb/Smart, but Smart doesn't include the free calls, that is an extra €5 per month.

By comparison

I wouldn't even bother to compare with UPC.

It is a very sad state of affairs, once upon a time Smart was the leading light of the industry, now it is a sad shadow of it's old self.

I have to wonder why Digiweb even bothered to buy Smart if this is all they were going to do with them, surely no one is signing up to Smart at these prices and surely they are losing customers, so why bother?

Well there is always the legendary Digiweb customer care skills to enjoy? Remember how sensitively they introduced that famous cap to Smart customers?:rolleyes:

How to win friends and lose customers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

bk wrote: »

By comparison

ohh the faraway hills are so green right now, i've had smart telecom for the last four years now and stayed with them even through the difficult period

when everyone was yakking about them going under, it wasnt out of any particular loyalty as such, just that they seemed the most reliable and provided

the best value for money in my opinion.

had this offer not ended last week i would definitely have given them serious consideration!

currently on smart's 7MB broadband package synching at 8060D/576U...

cap doesnt really bother me so much as reliability as i would honestly in my estimation never have gone above 50GB in any given monnth!

i'll be keeping a close eye on magnet from now on for more offers like this!

Advertisement