Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland V England (Nov 2010 @ Aviva Stadium)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,521 ✭✭✭✭noodler

i dont let my own personal views cloud my judgement on such issues.

Read this thread back.

Are you accusing me of having something against 'criminals'?

I have to say, it is one of my strange little quirks alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

noodler wrote: »
    Read this thread back.

Are you accusing me of having something against 'criminals'?

I have to say, it is one of my strange little quirks alright!

Ah come on you're losing it. Where did i say anything like that???:confused:

You're not worth arguing with anymore. I've no idea what you are on about now.

Ah come on you're losing it. Where did i say anything like that???:confused:

You're not worth arguing with anymore. I've no idea what you are on about now.

Your agenda is pretty clear - I think you'd better leave it at that alright.

noodler wrote: »
    Your agenda is pretty clear - I think you'd better leave it at that alright.

Please tell me what is my agenda? Seriously i'd like to know what you thik it is cos i assure you i dont have one. Its very easy to make psots like you just have without backing it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

This thread was supposed to be about a game not about the scum who might ruin it for the 99% who will have a good time. There are plenty of english living here, married to irish.
    Why ruin it for those people?.
    There will always be a small percentage of scumbags coming from england and also plenty of scumbags here too so it would be upto the police and gardai to work together and prevent it happening.

I haven't heard much bother from south africa so maybe they can learn from their police system.

It would be a great day.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I feel like i'm going round in circles here. That is my point. There will be no focal point for trouble makers to attach themselves to, is what i'm saying. If a few English fans go looking for trouble i'm sure our local 'heroes' will be happy to oblige. I really wish people would stop making out that there isa huge undercurrent of malcontents who are only waiting to disrupt a football match. get real ffs.

This isn't a normal football match as we all know. I'm not sure why you are certain there won't be trouble?

I mean there certainly was a elements of people causing trouble at and outside the game in 1995 that were not English.

Nobody is waiting but when chances like this arise, you can be sure people will turn up.

mcwhirter wrote: »
    I haven't heard much bother from south africa so maybe they can learn from their police system.

In fairness, no working class person can really afford to fly out to S.Africa, the majority of English fans were either living there or wealthy enough to go out there. And they have restrictions on trouble makers travelling abroad when its on.

There will be no restrictions on England fans for a friendly like this. And the cost for a trip to Dublin is minimal. They may not get tickets but plenty would go without tickets.

DB10 wrote: »
    In fairness, no working class person can really afford to fly out to S.Africa, the majority of English fans were either living there or wealthy enough to go out there. And they have restrictions on trouble makers travelling abroad when its on.

There will be no restrictions on England fans for a friendly like this. And the cost for a trip to Dublin is minimal. They may not get tickets but plenty would go without tickets.

So are you saying that it's only working class English supporters that cause trouble?? Disgraceful thing to say imo. Many of the studies of English hooliganism have foccussed on the fact that many of those involved were professionals and fitted traditional middle calss stereotypes.

I do agree however that a short cheap trip to Dublin may be too tempting to a=some just looking for a fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

baz2009 wrote: »
    There are more scumbags in Ireland now than there was in 1995

Really? Where did you get that statistic from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Well, those scumbags have since had little scumbags so it makes sense really :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Its not just working class people who are racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Who do you mean? Anyway there surely wont be any tickets on general sale. The block bookers will take wahtever allocation they are given, mind you, there are a few morons among that crew as well

I meant the kind of dregs who pretend to be football supporters but who either just want a fight, or to smash up a stadium.

The kind of people scum who give the majority a bad name, and who embarrass us.

Zebra3 wrote: »

www.cso.ie/statistics/ethnicgroups/scumbags

So are you saying that it's only working class English supporters that cause trouble?? Disgraceful thing to say imo. Many of the studies of English hooliganism have foccussed on the fact that many of those involved were professionals and fitted traditional middle calss stereotypes.

That is rubbish, the police in both countries both stated that the demographic of England fan in SA was far different to any other tournament due to the massive cost in going.

These fans are not hooligans. And yes, in general really wealthy supporters are not they type to cause mass trouble. Nothing disgraceful about that, you are a drama queen.

I don't know what studies you're looking in but you don't need to study in depth to know that.

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Its not just working class people who are racist.

I'm not quite sure where racism comes into my post or indeed this thread...

But throw it in anyway, most over used word I have ever seen....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Nice video on the 1995 game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcdnzeoBJT4

That is rubbish, the police in both countries both stated that the demographic of England fan in SA was far different to any other tournament due to the massive cost in going.

These fans are not hooligans. And yes, in general really wealthy supporters are not they type to cause mass trouble. Nothing disgraceful about that, you are a drama queen.

I don't know what studies you're looking in but you don't need to study in depth to know that.
    I never said really wealthy supporters cause trouble. And it was you who mentioned working clas fans not being able to afford to go and i still consider that a disgarceful generalisation.

Advertisement