Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do with Kids in Wexford...

Options
  • 02-07-2010 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Heading to Wexford (Kilmuckridge area) for the hols with the family soon. There are a few families going all with kids from 3-10. We have been going for many years but with the unreliable weather in recent years, can anyone recommend things to do to entertain the kids as we will be there for 3 weeks.
    Travel to anywhere around Wexford County is not an issue.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Plenty of shows and festivals, for example:http://www.jfkdunbrodyfestival.com/index.php .County Show is in Enniscorthy next weekend as far as I know.Adamstown show http://www.adamstownshow.com/ .For a wet day try new cinema in Gorey. Loads more on around,the locals will post the events here for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

Canoe trip on the River Barrow?
    www.irishcanoekayak.com if your interested.

Cheers
    Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I'm just back myself from Cahore point, nice little spot about 10 minutes away from kilmuckridge. Has a small beach but the best part is the pier, its a good laugh to jump off and the water is definitely deep enough just watch the tides.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭secman

Cahore harbour is a regular haunt for the kids jumping in , looks good fun. The small beach is very safe, no real pull on the tide there. I swim every sat & sun from beach to Harbour and down along the buoys an back.
    Very clean, lovely swim and its a relatively sheltered spot.

You could also go to Courtown, that new climbing tower is open, Gravity i think its called, down by the leisure centre.
    Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I think the cinema in Gorey is doing Kids deals all summer long now... something like €3 to go to a set time matinee.

I think there might be a Playzone (kids take off shoes and go mental on slides, plastic ball pits etc) or the like in Gorey too.

• Advertisement

secman wrote: »
    Cahore harbour is a regular haunt for the kids jumping in , looks good fun. The small beach is very safe, no real pull on the tide there. I swim every sat & sun from beach to Harbour and down along the buoys an back.
    Very clean, lovely swim and its a relatively sheltered spot.

You could also go to Courtown, that new climbing tower is open, Gravity i think its called, down by the leisure centre.
    Secman

Was that you walking across the bay while there was a bunch of 19 year olds trying to build a sand castle that kept getting washed away? I swear that wasn't us :P

Well hope it was not me, cos I was swimming, not walking across the Bay ! Seriously hope my swimming doesn't look like walking !

Secman

Nah there was just this random old guy who walked from the pier to the strand neck high in water haha.

Oops I've been sussed ! Have to practice the "swimming" a bit more.

Secman

Advertisement