Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eybrow piercing healing

Options
  • 02-07-2010 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Ok I've convinced myself I want to have my eyebrow pierced :)

however I'm heavily involved in GAA and was wondering during the healing process-is it ok to remove the piercing while training or playing matches etc...? Or must the piercing be left in for the whole healing period?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

piercing should be left in for whole healing period and then some. if you are gonna be taking it out all the time think whether it is gonna be worth while getting it pierced in the first place, could just save yourself some dosh

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

one of my saddest days was removing my eyebrow bar for good
    I thought it would be ok when i started driving bikes again but the helmet kept clipping it on the way off when removing it.
    was too much pain. i loved that piercing
    RIP Eyebrow bar

If you have couple of months hurling free get it done.
    otherwise, i'd leave it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I had mine done around eight years ago or so when it was all the rage, it really has to be left in during the whole healing process and a few weeks after you think it's healed just to be sure. Took it out about two years later because I didn't like how it stuck out of my face like a clothes peg. It left a weird scar there which I still have today, a lot of my friends have similar scars from them.

Really sounds like a dodgy choice for a GAA player.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Groe

I'm also heavily involved in GAA, hurliing and gaelic. I got mine done at the start of June, when the Gaelic season had finished and to a point, my Hurling season was only starting.

As regards Hurling, I have had absolutely no problems with the piercing and helmets etc. MY gaelic season has not started back yet but hopefully by the time September comes I should be able to take it out for matches and training. I think that it would be possible to get some form of soft, silicone type bar to retain the hole which ill not cause problems if the piercing is hit. Honestly, I'm not to sure how I will manage with Galeic but Hurling is absolutely fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I had mine done for a year and it still hadn't healed properly so I had to take it out. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement