Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No chassis plate!!!

Options
  • 02-07-2010 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Well,

Just put my clio van in through the LGV test, and it failed on a couple of lighting things and they couldnt find the chassis plate! It should be on the inside of the drivers door pillar.

I know the van was once damaged, it came from the north, but it passed the test last year. I guess different testing garages might look at different things in different ways.

Anywho, my question is: Is it possible to get a new one made, if so who would do it and at what cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Without a chassis plate, it's scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Without a chassis plate, it's scrap.

Right, thats helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

That's not the chassis plate on the door frame it's just a sticker as far as I know.

Have a good look around the engine bay and bulkhead or possibly under a piece
    of removable floor carpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

did ya do a cartell check on the car before ya bought it? wot yr is it?

did ya do a cartell check on the car before ya bought it? wot yr is it?

No I didnt, I bought it off a neighbour.

I've found the chassis number under the windscreen and under the driver seat, under the carpet alright.
    So I guess its just the sticker thats missing?

• Advertisement

No I didnt, I bought it off a neighbour.

I've found the chassis number under the windscreen and under the driver seat, under the carpet alright.
    So I guess its just the sticker thats missing?

Yup all is good

Great mechanics in that DOE center!! give him a slap when ya go back lad:D

Great mechanics in that DOE center!! give him a slap when ya go back lad:D

Lol

bryaner wrote: »
    Yup all is good

Aye, but would not having the sticker make the van fail the test?

no, the VIN is stamped on the van so thats all that is required, like i said give him a slap and show him the stamp!:D

• Advertisement

no, the VIN is stamped on the van so thats all that is required, like i said give him a slap and show him the stamp!:D

Will do, maybe take my belt off to them too. I just read the testing manual alright:

Chassis Number (5) Chassis number not available or does not correspond with
    registration book/licence certificate.

Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I think the chassis plate is a different thing to a chassis number on a commercial. Chassis plate usually has the GVW and payload stamped on as far as I remember.

Might be better suited in the 4x4 forum where one of the mods is a DOE tester.

i think your thinking of HGV, his is just a lil clio.

i think your thinking of HGV, his is just a lil clio.

Which, if it's a van version is still an LGV and subject to the same rules and regulations as a Transit 350 Jumbo.

Do only HGV's need a Chassis plate, but LGV's don't?

R.O.R wrote: »
    Which, if it's a van version is still an LGV and subject to the same rules and regulations as a Transit 350 Jumbo.

Do only HGV's need a Chassis plate, but LGV's don't?
    I could be wrong but i think they start out like the normal passanger clios and just go from there, any vans like that iv come accross have had the same markings as there car equivalent

I could be wrong but i think they start out like the normal passanger clios and just go from there, any vans like that iv come accross have had the same markings as there car equivalent

That's true (although a lot come without the back seats from factory), but there still should be a chassis plate somewhere I think. There is usually one on a car anyway isn't there?

not on all, the peugeot 206 has it stamped in the boot just beside the catch for the lock! put 1 through a test before that had that part replaced and had to stamp the feckin thing on myself for the retest!

Aye, but would not having the sticker make the van fail the test?

No it's only a sticker

Well, from reading the LGV test manual and such, I'll just point out to them where the chassis number is in two separate places on the van.

Advertisement