Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~67 Prisoners at large from Limerick Prison?

Options
  • 02-07-2010 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Its a common complaint that every sentence given to our Local Hero Scumbags is either to lenient or simply suspended - But as news stories in the past few weeks have begun to describe it is now common for Prisoners to be simply left out of Prison to wander the Streets unsupervised and seek out opportunities to make new Headlines for assault, rape, burglary or arson.
    People convicted before the courts and sentenced to Limerick Prison are being freed again because the jail has no room for prisoners at certain periods. This week it emerged that sixty-seven convicted criminals who should be serving sentences at the jail on Mulgrave Street, have been released back into the community because of problems with overcrowding at the prison.

Below continues in the same vein, 96 priors and serves 2 days?
    During a Dáil debate on the temporary release of prisoners, Fine Gael's Justice spokersperson Charlie Flanagan referred to the temporary release of a 27-year-old Limerick man with 96 previous convictions, who left the jail two days after Judge Tom O'Donnell imposed sentence at Limerick District Court.

The below states it differently and no less worryingly.... 1/7 Prisoners in our midst.....
    On the same day, a quarter of the prisoner population of Cork Prison was on temporary release. One in seven inmates at Limerick Prison was on temporary release, while one in every 10 prisoners at Castlerea was also out of custody.

I could go on unfortunately - There seems to be no shortage of there articles out there and these are just the recent ones.

- I suppose the telling fact is that after 96 convictions a career Criminal who is keen to get ahead in the game is just in the early days on the grand scale of things, casually breaking in our Policing, Legal and Justice System with no real threat of any lasting, meaningful punitive measures or consequences for their actions.........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

As the recession gets deeper I wonder where they will accomodate all those people jailed for not paying debts, revenue etc. I know you don't get jailed for not paying debts but if a case goes to court and the judge orders you to pay. Failure to comply with his/her judgement will lead to a jail sentence.

A friend of mine works with marginalised people in poorer parts of Limerick and she says many of them would prefer to be in jail than deal with life outside. Makes you wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

the system is crazy, they should make them pick up rubbish and get rid of graffitti or put them in stocks and let the decent people throw eggs at them anytime we like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

Oh Ya Throw Eggs At Them ! ... While I Laugh At Them Beating The Crap Out Of You :D

u obviously dont understand what a stock is !

eggs was being nice i would prefer to throw bricks !

By Any Chance Were You Around Kilteragh The Other Day At Half 10 ...?

• Advertisement

shhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

LOL. Anyway Title Seem Abit OTT Considerin' They Were Let Out

Advertisement