Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 116 Discussion ****SPOILERS INSIDE****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I can't see anyone beating him now, Carwin was the best chance of doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Not overly impressed with Brock's ground game. Anyone who's been training for a few months should be able to take month, side control and arm-triangle a guy that is lying flat on his back and not resisting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

pierrot wrote: »
    I'm going for Lesnar by submission, maybe a side choke.

Ooh, wish I had put my money where my mouth is .....

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

One dimensional eh? Suck it bitches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Great night of fights. Was well worth staying up to watch them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Not overly impressed with Brock's ground game. Anyone who's been training for a few months should be able to take month, side control and arm-triangle a guy that is lying flat on his back and not resisting.

Here we go.

Was worried about how gaunt Reljic looked at the Weigh-Ins yesterday.............

........ but it's not as worrying as that facial hair on Kendall. Don't they have mirrors in Hawaii?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

WORTH WHILE GOING 2 BED??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

rovert wrote: »
    Alright dude, enough of the massive font already!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

UFC continues to impress me. Think I'm now officially a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

The rock should have hopped in gave the Brock the people's elbow tbh. Good to see him again.

the second round was non-event. Velasquez may be taken down but he won't just let himself by man handled like that. Brock will have his hands full and certainly won't submit him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

epic night of fights,would have been sick if i missed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    WORTH WHILE GOING 2 BED??

Yes, go to bed.

EDIT:Seriuosy, why do I keep having the first post on new pages:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I shall go to bed now celebrating my biggest gambling win.

I look forward to seeing how we accumulated 41 pages tonight. I'll be up for the next skype chat anyway.

Thank you brock for such a lovely submission. Thank you George for keeping my faith

the second round was non-event. Velasquez may be taken down but he won't just let himself by man handled like that. Brock will have his hands full and certainly won't submit him.

And Velasquez's cardio is rediculous aswell so if he slaps on 30pounds of muscle hes sorted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Who here never watched MMA before but watched this card because of Lesnar? Are you now fans? More fans the better I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

I like the way ufc have hijacked the phrase "baddest man on the planet",disgusting.
    Lesnar looked crap on his back,no hip movement at all.He's lucky Carwin gassed and no one seemed to notice him telling carwin to tap.

It has to be said, i'm VERY surprised at the continued Brock hating!

I was against Brock in the UFC at first and was kinda a hater, but he has completely changed my mind! I don't know how people could've watched his UFC fights and not just be big enough to say "That guy is really good"

• Advertisement

Alright dude, enough of the massive font already!

Already have. I sorry Mr "I swear I train for five round every fight so stop asking that question" got chocked out.

baaaa wrote: »
    I like the way ufc have hijacked the phrase "baddest man on the planet",disgusting.
    Lesnar looked crap on his back,no hip movement at all.He's lucky Carwin gassed and no one seemed to notice him telling carwin to tap.

Again, please go away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Who here never watched MMA before but watched this card because of Lesnar? Are you now fans? More fans the better I suppose.

Seriously, nice seeing MMA being the top thread on Boards for four hours.

Yep after taking successive blows to the head from what was pimped as the strongest puncher in the game obvious your mind is crystal clear. Seriously get real.

This is my 3rd UFC.

First one was about a month or so ago and really enjoyed it. Think it was UFC 113 but Im not sure. It was the one where that Paul Daley guy punched the other guy after the bell and ended up getting fired. Then there was an epic knockout in the heavyweight fight, but I forget their names. God Im such a noob.

That is Absolutely Retarded.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    It has to be said, i'm VERY surprised at the continued Brock hating!

I was against Brock in the UFC at first and was kinda a hater, but he has completely changed my mind! I don't know how people could've watched his UFC fights and not just be big enough to say "That guy is really good"
    He lost to Mir,struggled against a 50 pound lighter 45 year old(Couture) and nearly lost to Carwin.
    He's just very marketable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

He lost to Mir,struggled against a 50 pound lighter 45 year old(Couture) and nearly lost to Carwin.

:rolleyes:

Archimedes wrote: »
    This is my 3rd UFC.

First one was about a month or so ago and really enjoyed it. Think it was UFC 113 but Im not sure. It was the one where that Paul Daley guy punched the other guy after the bell and ended up getting fired. Then there was an epic knockout in the heavyweight fight, but I forget their names. God Im such a noob.

Noob Shmoob! You've just become a fan of the greatest sport in the world!

And the fact that you have just become a fan in 2010, that means you have about 150 previous UFC events you ain't seen, every PRIDE event, not to mention all the other promotions and The Ultimate Fighter series...............

• Advertisement

Nice story

Already have. I sorry Mr "I swear I train for five round every fight so stop asking that question" got chocked out.

Rovert, just don't be that guy. Just don't be that guy that tries to take credit for what some complete stranger did in some sporting event. Nobody owes you anything. You've defended Brock, you've been proven right for the ~5th time. Well done. Lesnar remains highly beatable. The Lesnar we saw against heath Herring would not have beaten Carwin today, nobody is taking credit away from him. Lesnar has improved, just enough to keep winning who the UFC throw at him.

He beat Mir, he beat the most decorated Champion in UFC History and he beat Carwin.

You're right about him being marketable!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Caliden wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    Never been a more appropiate use for this smiley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Archimedes wrote: »
    This is my 3rd UFC.

Shogun & Machida at light heavyweight

The Lesnar we saw against heath Herring would not have beaten Carwin today,

Don't you think that's part of the beauty?

• Advertisement

yeah mr stuffins i'm trying to give him due props for improving so much and developing.

Rovert, just don't be that guy. Just don't be that guy that tries to take credit for what some complete stranger did in some sporting event. Nobody owes you anything. You've defended Brock, you've been proven right for the ~5th time. Well done. Lesnar remains highly beatable. The Lesnar we saw against heath Herring would not have beaten Carwin today, nobody is taking credit away from him. Lesnar has improved, just enough to keep winning who the UFC throw at him.

Stop throwing the rattle out of the pram.

30birme.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

bragging rights eh;)

fair play to Lesnar. i thought he was done for when Carwin started landing bombs on him. Carwin look shellshocked going back to his corner at the end of round 1. Now it seems some are pinning their hopes on Velasquez. If Brock Lesnar beats him i assume the focus goes to Fedor.

Don't you think that's part of the beauty?

Ah sure according to some posters he isnt any better than Kevin Randleman.
    bragging rights eh;)

fair play to Lesnar. i thought he was done for when Carwin started landing bombs on him. Carwin look shellshocked going back to his corner at the end of round 1. Now it seems some are pinning their hopes on Velasquez. If Brock Lesnar beats him i assume the focus goes to Fedor.

Why Fedor if he didnt come last summer sure as hell he aint coming now.

Shogun & Machida at light heavyweight

That was the one! Don't know how I forgot a name like Shogun, but that was an awesome fight (from my noob perspective). Was seriously impressed on how Shogun voluntarily stopped punching Machida cos he saw he was out.

• Advertisement

Stop throwing the rattle out of the pram.

30birme.jpg

don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Lesnar has improved, just enough to keep winning who the UFC throw at him.

But the guys the UFC are throwing at him are the top Heavyweights in the world and he beats them. His JUST beating them still makes him the best Heavyweight in the World!

But the guys the UFC are throwing at him are the top Heavyweights in the world and he beats them. His JUST beating them still makes him the best Heavyweight in the World!
    Dana?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Isnt that the point? Stay ahead of your competition?

Ah sure according to some posters he isnt any better than Kevin Randleman.

Why Fedor if he didnt come last summer sure as hell he aint coming now.

he's much bigger than randleman, randleman should be a LHW. Fedor may decide the ufc is worth fighting in now he has a point to prove (hypothetically).

Rovert you're just scared that Fedor would fold Lesnar up with his punches like Carwin did and then arm bar his arm off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Here we go.
    • The only reason Brock won that fight was because Carwin gassed
    • Can Brock get SOME respect now?
    • You wanted to know about Lesnar's chin?
    • How did the ref not stop the fight in round 1 ???
    • I thought Brock was exposed...
    • Brock is now #3
    • Was the fight fixed?
    • Brock can't take a shot
    • Lets hear the excuses now
    • Brock Lesnar has great Chin and is the No. 1 Heavyweight in the world!
    • Who were you more impressed by: Carwin or Lesnar?
    • The Gorilla Puzzle has been figured out
    • If you thought Carwin was gonna win
    • Real lesnar fans rejoice here!!!! Brock cant take a punch lolol!!!!! Hw champ!!!!!!!!
    • Brock tapped!!
    • Brock and Carwin or Fedor and Overeem
    • Brock has learned a thing or 2.
    • Carwin GAAAASSSSSSED the **** out
    • NO stoppage???
    • Lesnar by arm triangle? damn lol
    • Thank you Lesnar for the $ to buy a free PPV!!!
    • Please Dana Sign Overeem!!!
    • Go to first new post Cain Velasquez will DESTROY Brock ...

They're some threads from Sherdog's front page :p

Brock did just what he did in the Mir fight : he lay on top of, imposed his will and spread his weight. I suppose the difference here was he got into a full mount then when for the sub. Did Carwin not train for that like ffs?!

Hah! Hey I've been a UFC fan ever since Ken Shamrock went to WWF in 1997 and had an exibition worked shoot with Vernon White :)
    Of course it wasn't till a few years later that I found and bought UFC 2 on tape.

You have to fight a top Heavyweight once every five years to be considered 1# HW apparently.

Dana?

Troll?

Rovert you're just scared that Fedor would fold Lesnar up with his punches like Carwin did and then arm bar his arm off.

Im not scared at all Ive wanted Fedor in UFC for years. When Randy was dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Grove's fight was very good. Crowd went OFF for his victory. He's improving with every fight that's for sure.

Can hold my head high for punchin crunchin this week anyway haha.

What's next then lads.

George i want to see fight a dropped down Diego Sanchez or poss Clay Guida.
    I think there is one more Griffin Bonnar fight down the line, if not bonnar and thiago silva.
    Leben to get Wandi ? or will sexyama get him regardless.
    Really would like to see Leben and Grove now i think of it.

Brock has Cain and that will be a massive event. Depeneds on brocks mandatory suspensions. He was cut twice so not sure what's going to happen there.

Carwin vs Winner of JDS and Nelson ? Or Carwin from bottom of the pile up again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement