Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 116 Discussion ****SPOILERS INSIDE****

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

MrStuffins wrote: »
    But the guys the UFC are throwing at him are the top Heavyweights in the world and he beats them. His JUST beating them still makes him the best Heavyweight in the World!

No they're not. Mir was never highly rated, he beat some 'crap' people. The other big names in the HW division right now are relative newbs, Velasequez and DOs Santos, where were they 5 years ago?

The heavy weight division in the ufc is easily the worst in terms of talent and depth and Lesnar has cut a hole through his athleticism and his other skills.

The best heavy weights in the world are outside the UFC, anyone that disputes that is just a Lesnar nut hugger and I won't entertain their discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Made €70 I'm a happy chappy, really glad Leben won too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

That shouldn't have gotten sub of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

No they're not. Mir was never highly rated, he beat some 'crap' people. The other big names in the HW division right now are relative newbs, Velasequez and DOs Santos, where were they 5 years ago?

The heavy weight division in the ufc is easily the worst in terms of talent and depth and Lesnar has cut a hole through his athleticism and his other skills.

The best heavy weights in the world are outside the UFC, anyone that disputes that is just a Lesnar nut hugger and I won't entertain their discussion.

Please give examples of who the Best Heavyweights are outside of the UFC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

rovert wrote: »
    Ah sure according to some posters he isnt any better than Kevin Randleman.

Why Fedor if he didnt come last summer sure as hell he aint coming now.

yes that's true. i can't see him coming to UFC now but you do realise if Fedor returns to winning ways, Lesnar's critics will say he hasn't really proven himself till he beats Fedor. The fact he beat a guy who most people tipped to beat him means he has more than proven himself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Sid Justice I honestly cant take you seriously I think youve said this prior to the Brock fight.

Fedor, Werdum, Overeem to name a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I ****ing hate sherdog ugh.

I don't like when someone gets in front of everyone else by a distance. Puts me off from watching them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I kinda agree with you in terms of overeem,fedor and a few others but this comment makes you sound full of sh!t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

It has to be said, i'm VERY surprised at the continued Brock hating!

to some people he will always be the fake pro-wrestler

carwin gassed much quicker than even i thought he would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Why Fedor if he didnt come last summer sure as hell he aint coming now.

He isn't undefeated anymore (not including the loss forstoppage due to a cut), it would be a sensible move on his part considering it's only a 3 fight contract with Strikeforce anyway

rizzla wrote: »
    That shouldn't have gotten sub of the night.
    Id give it to lytle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Sid you're digging a hole here buddy.

Can i also point out to those assuming fedor has a point to prove so he will join the UFC. I don't suppose you saw the articles dana has been saying all week saying UFC are no longer interested since the mistique is gone ?

A guy who has fought anyone in 5 years

A fighter with a 2-2 record in the UFC who was knocked out by that younger pup Dos Santos

LOL!

I might give you a debate on Fedor....... but Werdum? The same Werdum who failed in the UFC?

And the same Overeem who got KO'd be Chuck at 205?

You're clutching at straws i'm afraid!

• Advertisement

Dana won't throw 30 million at him, he'll let him fight for 50k no problem, will fedor get 500k, probably not. fedor makes sense for the ufc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Lesnar remains ..... beatable. .

He's definitely beatable. Tonight's performance was definitive as in he clearly won but looking at that first round Brock was just a punching bag!

Sid Justice, seriously, you're just showing yourself up as a Brock hater!

Relax, go to bed, and come back and post with a clear head tomorrow.

LOL!

I might give you a debate on Fedor....... but Werdum? The same Werdum who failed in the UFC?

Chuck was one of the best fighters, lb 4 lb at that time. Actually forget, no point arguing MMA with people that don't know anything about it :)

^5 lads, lesnar is just a paper champion. Fedor will beat WErdum and then overeem and then clean out the ufc heavy weight division then become president of russia, you heard it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Are you actually serious,if you think that,you know nothing about MMA.
    HW'S:
    Nog
    Mir
    Nelson
    Dos Santos
    Gonzaga
    Brock
    Carwin
    Velasquez

• Advertisement

No they're not. Mir was never highly rated, he beat some 'crap' people .

yeah like big nog who twice brought fedor the distance

He's definitely beatable.

There isn't and never will be a man in the world who isn't beatable!

That's one of the beautys of MMA!

Chuck was one of the best fighters, lb 4 lb at that time. Actually forget, no point arguing MMA with people that don't know anything about it :)

^5 lads, lesnar is just a paper champion. Fedor will beat WErdum and then overeem and then clean out the ufc heavy weight division then become president of russia, you heard it here first.

Either that or he will be protected by his management for another 5 years.

Carwin in all honest just beat some " crap " people also. Experience has nothing to do with it. Talent is what shines through in the UFC regardless because if you have the talent you will grind through and the experiences comes with the W's. Take BJ Penn as a perfect example of this critisized for coasting through years on natural talent. Velasequez and Dos Santos are two of the best prospects in the UFC...

The HW division is quite stacked actually. Brock, Carwin, Cain, JDS, Mir, Nog, Roy Nelson, Cro Cop Too an extent Barry, Kongo, Schuab ( who made a brilliant case for himself tonight )

And i Laughed, i mean i really LAUGHED at your comment the best are outside the UFC. I'm willing to bet you thought fedor was useless after he lost last week and Werdum was released FROM the UFC for losing to one of the most talented up and coming HW's in the world. JDS

Nut Huggers ? No just educated unbiased fight fans.

No point in getting personal now Sid! I won't start defending what i know and don't know about MMA.

Anyway, you seem to think you know more than me, but think Werdum is the top HW in the World?

LOL!

In all fairness clutching at straws?

In terms of Fedor,1 fight doesnt make a fighter.What about the other 33 fights?

And Overeem fought Chuck 7 years ago at 205.He was 23 for fcuk sake.Overeem now at HW is a very different fighter and would eat Chuck and the majority of the HW division............literally :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

What do you know about MMA then that we all dont know?

Lesnar is the top HW in the MMA world at the moment. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Carwin in all honest just beat some " crap " people also. Experience has nothing to do with it. Talent is what shines through in the UFC regardless because if you have the talent you will grind through and the experiences comes with the W's. Take BJ Penn as a perfect example of this critisized for coasting through years on natural talent. Velasequez and Dos Santos are two of the best prospects in the UFC...

The HW division is quite stacked actually. Brock, Carwin, Cain, JDS, Mir, Nog, Roy Nelson, Cro Cop Too an extent Barry, Kongo, Schuab ( who made a brilliant case for himself tonight )

And i Laughed, i mean i really LAUGHED at your comment the best are outside the UFC. I'm willing to bet you thought fedor was useless after he lost last week and Werdum was released FROM the UFC for losing to one of the most talented up and coming HW's in the world. JDS

Nut Huggers ? No just educated unbiased fight fans.

My exact post on the before page mate

In all fairness clutching at straws?

In terms of Fedor,1 fight doesnt make a fighter.What about the other 33 fights?

I never said Fedor wasnt the top Heavyweight, i said it's debatable!

What do you know about MMA then that we all dont know?

Exactly mate, apparently Sid knows exactly how much i know about MMA!

• Advertisement

I must say this thread is totally different to the Mir last year :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Chuck was on fire at the time, and became really dominant as time went on, Overeem was 23 when he was beaten by Liddell.

I never said Fedor wasnt the top Heavyweight, i said it's debatable!
    What about Overeem then?

The last thing we need is this board to get personal. It's a pretty close knit board to being with.

If anyone is still up i thought ahead and stuck recess on the planner. Sky 609 now

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Chuck was on fire at the time, and became really dominant as time went on, Overeem was 23 when he was beaten by Liddell.

Fine, but Lesnar is beating Top 3 guys. Overeem has never faced a Top 3 HW!

What about Overeem then?

Same as above

Good news Mir has " postponed " his move to 205 so he can get another shot at brock. :pac:

The last thing we need is this board to get personal. It's a pretty close knit board to being with.

If anyone is still up i thought ahead and stuck recess on the planner. Sky 609 now

Yep and there were other fighters on the card too. :pac:
    Fine, but Lesnar is beating Top 3 guys. Overeem has never faces a Top 3 HW!

In fairness Overeem stepped up and was going to sign to UFC last year. But he didnt pass the medical.

Good news Mir has " postponed " his move to 205 so he can get another shot at brock. :pac:

Mir would need to cut his arms and legs off to make 205!

• Advertisement

Mir would need to cut his arms and legs off to make 205!

All mir would need to cut is his ego :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

LOL!

Failed in the UFC wtf? Eh ...ye know I don't get this notion that a suggestion for a fight turns into "ah Brock can beat anyone and they're all crap anyway so why even bother having the fight sure!"

7 years ago?

There isn't and never will be a man in the world who isn't beatable!

That's one of the beautys of MMA!

It's just that some of the Brock fans seem to think he's invinceable! It's the same in a lot of sports I think. I like seeing the big top dog eventually get beat. It was the same wih Lidell a couple of years ago when he seemed unstopable.

In fairness Overeem stepped up and was going to sign to UFC last year. But he didnt pass the medical.

He did indeed! Sure he was at the Dublin show and Dana was teasing him about signing.

My posts probably make it look like i'm hating on Overeem, i'm not, the man is a beast!

But to say he's a top Heavyweight in place of the Top UFC HWs like Brock, Carwin and Valasquez is just silly!

Dave Meltzer dropped a deadly titbit after the fight was over:
    I guess we can now talk about that when Lesnar trained with Randy Couture, even though Couture is not a submission expert, 80% of the training was strategy to using his wrestling to work a subsmission.

:)

Fine, but Lesnar is beating Top 3 guys. Overeem has never faced a Top 3 HW!
    How easy is it to face a top 3 HW?
    Thats making the scope pretty fcukin narrow.You could argue most big HWs have never faced a top 3.
    Id even argue if Lesnar has ever faced a top 3.Mir isnt a top 3 by any means.Couture sure as hell isnt anymore(and wasnt when he faced Lesnar).Even Carwin wouldnt be purely because he didnt fight many big names

I am a brock fan because he has proved he has improved.

However i think Velasquez and JDS could give him better fights than Carwin who is a more one dimensional fighter.

• Advertisement

Excellent.He needs his face smashed in again:rolleyes:

Failed in the UFC wtf?

Yup!
    It's just that some of the Brock fans seem to think he's invinceable! It's the same in a lot of sports I think. I like seeing the big top dog eventually get beat. It was the same wih Lidell a couple of years ago when he seemed unstopable.

I was never a Brock fan, but watching him fight has made me a fan. Anyone who can't concede that the guy has earned his place and is an impressive fighter is in denial!

Failed in the UFC wtf?

A 2-2 record is hardly setting the world on fire

Like Fedor fans USED to be?

I dont think Brock is invincible. But he did take some of strongest punches in the game and won.

How easy is it to face a top 3 HW?
    Thats making the scope pretty fcukin narrow.You could argue most big HWs have never faced a top 3.
    Id even argue if Lesnar has ever faced a top 3.Mir isnt a top 3 by any means.Couture sure as hell isnt anymore(and wasnt when he faced Lesnar).Even Carwin wouldnt be purely because he didnt fight many big names

Fine, let's make it Top 5.

Your points are debatable by the way. The point is, Overeem could well be one of the best, but he has to prove it first!

• Advertisement
Advertisement