Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 116 Discussion ****SPOILERS INSIDE****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

The big fight was a joke IMO, the ref must have been briefed to not stop the fight if Brock was losing unless he had absolutely no other alternative because cowering on the ground and not trying to advance position is not intelligently defending yourself in my eyes

As far as I'm concerned that should be a 1st round TKO win for Carwin, He was actually disadvantaged by trying to finish the fight and in the 2nd round Brock beat a zombie and that's all there is to it..

Brock sells PPV to WWE fanboys so they want to keep him there as long as possible-leaves a sickening taste in my mouth.

Rovert i know you disagree so i dont need to read it, Brock cant do no wrong in your eyes so i know your going to defend his cowering all through the 1st round, even his running away from strikes standing was pathetic and im sure you will defend that too.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

That was a great card.

All my picks for the fantasy league were out the window but after that show i really don't care.

Harris slam KO was great, nice of him not to hit Branch when he was out.
    There were some great submission finishes, Romero's armbar, Lytle's armbar, Lebens triangle and of course, Lesnar's arm triangle. Probably would have given the submission of the night to Lytle instead of Lesnar. No doubt about the KO of the night though.

Really summed up the card when there were 2 fight of the nights. I wanted Soszinski to win but how can you not like Bonnar. It was an absolute war. Same can be said for Leben and Akiyama.

The main event was great too. Brock took some hard shots standing and was controlled well by Carwin on the ground. I was hoping for Carwin to finish him but he just couldn't put him away. Lesnar wasn't intelligently defending himself and just covering without trying to escape, in my opinion it should of been stopped. We've seen fights stopped for alot less.

What a finish by Lesnar though. When he took him down I was expecting some ground and pound but that was beautiful head control and positioning before finishing the choke. I was pleasently surprised. It's nice to see Lesnar evolving. His humble post fight interview was nice surprise too.

All in all, it was a great card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

cowzerp wrote: »
    The big fight was a joke IMO, the ref must have been briefed to not stop the fight if Brock was losing unless he had absolutely no other alternative because cowering on the ground and not trying to advance position is not intelligently defending yourself in my eyes

As far as I'm concerned that should be a 1st round TKO win for Carwin, He was actually disadvantaged by trying to finish the fight and in the 2nd round Brock beat a zombie and that's all there is to it..

Brock sells PPV to WWE fanboys so they want to keep him there as long as possible-leaves a sickening taste in my mouth.

Rovert i know you disagree so i dont need to read it, Brock cant do no wrong in your eyes so i know your going to defend his cowering all through the 1st round, even his running away from strikes standing was pathetic and im sure you will defend that too.

Thats the spirit Paul. Here I was thinking that you were going to admit your assessment that he was a one dimensional fighter was wrong. Oh well.

On the stoppage I guess you missing the press conference.

I do hope to discuss when your tantrum is so over. Saying he can do no wrong in my eyes is quite childish especially for a mod.

rovert wrote: »

I missed the press conference, care to fill me in?
    I do hope to discuss when your tantrum is so over.

Saying this crap just reeks of a pathetic "I told you so" attitude.
    Saying he can do no wrong in my eyes is quite childish especially for a mod.

And having the attitude of "I was right and you were wrong" isn't? Get real.

The fact that he is a mod is irrelevent in my eyes. A moderator simply enforces the rules of the forum, he doesn't have to agree with everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

That was poor alright, i doubt anyone would defend it. He fell back to instinct instead of a trained defence. It was enjoyable to watch him run away; like a schoolyard bully getting his ass handed to him for the first time :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Here's the main fact i think you're coming to terms with. You realise that UFC is getting popular in the main stream and who cares if brock was known before the point is if he can fight then he will do well. I can imagine posts from you in 12 months when UFC explodes internationally saying " i remember it was better when "

Just go with the flow man, there's no conspiracy theory going on about brock winning. He won because he was better on the night , simple :).

Thats the spirit Paul. Here I was thinking that you were going to admit your assessment that he was a one dimensional fighter was wrong. Oh well.

I do hope to discuss when your tantrum is so over. Saying he can do no wrong in my eyes is quite childish especially for a mod.

Rovert every time i say my opinion i'd appreciate you not bringing me been a mod into it, im a regular poster 1st. Mod only comes into it when people break the rules. ideally never!

He was 1 dimensional, all he done in the whole fight was take down an exhausted man and do the easiest submission in MMA on said exhausted man. Carwin lost by Cardio but in reality should have won by GnP.

I dont need to see a press conference with BS excuses, i know MMA and no when a fighter is giving up and hoping the ref will save him, thats what Brock done and the ref gave him a chance by letting carwin gas out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Just watched the fight there. Definitely thought it should have been stopped in the 1st. All credit to brock but carwin off his back was just aweful. Brock left the near underhook availabe for a good 30 seconds before he worked in the arm triangle. Definitely not what you should expect from a bjj brown belt apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

You analysis about it being about money is way off. If Carwin had finished the fight in the first, he would have been a gigantic money making star for the UFC too.

The show in general was fantastic. All credit to Lesnar for hanging tough against a knock out machine like Carwin and coming out on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

LOL - come back when you have a clue. And being a fighter/trainer yourself doesn't mean you have a clue, BTW.

Rosenthal told them both in the back that if either were in trouble, he'd tell them 3 times to improve their position or he'd stop it - each time he told Brock, he moved & improved. <<< These are the facts.
    Brock survived & weathered the storm with covers + a good chin - he wasn't KO'd, he moved when he was told by the ref, and he could feel Carwin's punches were getting weaker. Get over it.

The fact that you think the Nevada State Athletic Commission who sanctioned the event, and whom the ref was appointed by, was told "don't stop it if Brock was in trouble" shows how much of a fanboy & a Sherdogger YOU are, mate. UFC even trying to suggest such a thing to a ref or athletic commission, with so much money on the line from betting alone, would have serious legal repercussions & ramifications on the whole sport - it simply didn't happen. Believe what you want, no matter how ridiculous & biased. Brock weathered the storm & Carwin gassed - that's a fact, no matter how you try to spin it, & no matter what deluded conspiracy theories you come up with.
    Did you say the same thing last week when Jan Finney was getting battered, but was still responsive?

I suppose I'll get a warning now because my opinion differs to yours...

• Advertisement

Shazbot wrote: »
    I missed the press conference, care to fill me in?

The referee told both fighters he would give them latitude if he saw some signs of life.

Let’s talk in facts:

Brock was conscious the entire

A lot Carwins punches were blocked

Brock came back and out grappled Carwin

Brock subbed Carwin

What is the problem?
    Saying this crap just reeks of a pathetic "I told you so" attitude.

Sorry it is a tantrum there is so many holes in his argument.

If it comes across as "I told you so", well I did told you so despite claims I was an idiot and what I wrote was the most stupidest thing Ive ever read etc this week.
    And having the attitude of "I was right and you were wrong" isn't? Get real.

The fact that he is a mod is irrelevent in my eyes. A moderator simply enforces the rules of the forum, he doesn't have to agree with everything.

He doesnt but he doesnt have to do the I refuse to discuss this with schick. But it is childish especially considering how hard he came down on me this week.
    That was poor alright, i doubt anyone would defend it. He fell back to instinct instead of a trained defence. It was enjoyable to watch him run away; like a schoolyard bully getting his ass handed to him for the first time :pac:

Not like he was against the strongest striker in the UFC or anything. Some of these posts are pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

Not like he was against the strongest striker in the UFC or anything. Some of these posts are pathetic.
    Agreed,it's so sad.
    I think a lot of the posters have transferred over from the wrestling forum or something.
    It's so wrong the way people are heralding Brock as the baddest man after 5 measly fights.
    You shouldn't post in this forum if you don't know mma.

Let’s talk in facts:

Brock was conscious the entire

Conscious doesn't mean intelligently defending yourself. Anyone with a bit of training will tell you that.
    A lot Carwins punches were blocked

And a few got through. This connected cleanly and after a few of these it should have been stopped. Blocking the punches instead intelligently defending. He wasn't trying to escape or improve his position until Carwin gassed. It should have been stopped before that.
    Brock came back and out grappled Carwin

Brock subbed Carwin

What is the problem?

The problem is it shouldn't have left the first round making the the rest null and void. However, this didn't happen and Lesnar managed to take down and submit a heavily gassed Carwin.

If it comes across as "I told you so", well I did told you so despite claims I was an idiot and what I wrote was the most stupidest thing Ive ever read etc this week.

The "I told you so" attitude is bad enough but then you have the cheek to call Cowzerp childish. Pot calling a kettle black in my opinion.

baaaa wrote: »
    Agreed,it's so sad.
    I think a lot of the posters have transferred over from the wrestling forum or something.
    It's so wrong the way people are heralding Brock as the baddest man after 5 measly fights.

But, but it is the referee's fault Carwin gassed. :rolleyes:

I think a poster on Sherdog of all places sums up my position nicely:
    Let's see, he avoided being KOed or submitted while letting his opponent gas himself out. Sounds pretty intelligent to me.

Conscious doesn't mean intelligently defending yourself. Anyone with a bit of training will tell you that.

Read Forest Master's post and come back to me.
    And a few got through. This connected cleanly and after a few of these it should have been stopped. Blocking the punches instead intelligently defending. He wasn't trying to escape or improve his position until Carwin gassed. It should have been stopped before that.

I guessed you missed Brock kicking him away too.
    The problem is it shouldn't have left the first round making the the rest null and void. However, this didn't happen and Lesnar managed to take down and submit a heavily gassed Carwin.

So you are the ref now?
    The "I told you so" attitude is bad enough but then you have the cheek to call Cowzerp childish. Pot calling a kettle black in my opinion.

Most of my "I told you so" attitude was in jest until cowerp decided not to give Brock the credit he said he would earlier in the week.

Let's see, he avoided being KOed or submitted while letting his opponent gas himself out. Sounds pretty intelligent to me.

Yeah he took dozens of punches while cowering. How is that intelligently defending himeslf? Seriously? I would really like to know how you perceive that as intelligently defending yourself?

If you ever find yourself in that position and begin to cower without even trying to buck your oppenent down to you to control him then please come back and tell me it was intelligent.

But, but it is the referee's fault Carwin gassed.

If the ref stopped the fight when he should have there would have been no gassing, when you clearly have your man beat you dont have to think about the gas tank and thats what Carwin done knowing the fight was well and truly finished-so yes it was the ref's fault that he gassed. he could have been more patient if he knew the ref was going to allow the time to run out and started round 2 fresher and done the same again.

Mark-:rolleyes:

Yeah he took dozens of punches while cowering. How is that intelligently defending himeslf? Seriously? I would really like to know how you perceive that as intelligently defending yourself?

If you ever find yourself in that position and begin to cower without even trying to buck your oppenent down to you to control him then please come back and tell me it was intelligent.

How much MMA have you actually watched? Have you ever seen a Don Frye fight for example? Have you read Forest Master's post yet

I dont even see why this a discussion point as Brock recovered and won the fight. The ref's judgement was correct. Im sorry that Carwin tired himself out and wasnt as conditioned as Brock but as far as that I cant help you.

I guessed you missed Brock kicking him away too.

No, I saw the entire fight including the push away kick. I also saw Carwin controlled him with ease after it though.

So you are the ref now?

Jeez, what a pathetic statement. No, I'm not a ref but you don't have to be a ref to know some of their decisions are bad. Yves Lavigne made some shocking decisions and the recent Danzig vs Wiman decision stick out. I'm not a ref but I know they're terrible decisions.

Most of my "I told you so" attitude was in jest until cowerp decided not to give Brock the credit he said he would earlier in the week.

I have a hard time believing anything you say is in jest.

LOL - this post is hilariously ignorant for so many reasons. Do you know that the evolution & roots of MMA started in pro wrestling? Karl Gotch, Akira Maeda, Yoshiaki Fujiwara, Nobuhiko Takada, Minoru Suzuki, Masakatsu Funaki, Yoji Anjo, UWF, UWFI, Rings, Pancrase. Do you realise that some of the early Pride fights were works? And that even the term "MMA" was coined in Japan in the 70's? May have been Inoki who came up with it - can't remember - Google it if you want to get your head out of eth sand.
    So the fact that all these Sherdoggers disrespect pro wrestling at every opportunity, when in fact they're the noobs to MMA, is always quite hilarious when you think about the FACTS. Pro Wrestling fans understand MMA & fight promotion better than 90% of the so-called 'MMA purists' - yet they treat us with contempt. It's quite simply laughable, considering the crossover & evolution of the sport. Most "MMA" fans haven't a clue about what MMA is & where is came from.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Anyone got a link to the full press conference? UFC.com seems to only have snippets.

NoJeez, what a pathetic statement. No, I'm not a ref but you don't have to be a ref to know some of their decisions are bad. Yves Lavigne made some shocking decisions and the recent Danzig vs Wiman decision stick out. I'm not a ref but I know they're terrible decisions.

Brock recovered and won. He said it straight faced in the post fight interview and presser he was waiting for Carwin to tire him out
    I have a hard time believing anything you say is in jest.

No one in the live thread did, must be just you.
    LOL - this post is hilariously ignorant for so many reasons. Do you know that the evolution & roots of MMA started in pro wrestling? Karl Gotch, Akira Maeda, Yoshiaki Fujiwara, Nobuhiko Takada, Minoru Suzuki, Masakatsu Funaki, Yoji Anjo, UWF, UWFI, Rings, Pancrase. Do you realise that some of the early Pride fights were works? And that even the term "MMA" was coined in Japan in the 70's? May have been Inoki who came up with it - can't remember - Google it if you want to get your head out of eth sand.

Cowzer in the past said we werent allowed to talk about this.

How much MMA have you actually watched? Have you ever seen a Don Frye fight for example? Have you read Forest Master's post yet

I've watched MMA for years and have a solid understanding of it. Do you think because you may have watched more hours of it then you're in a position to lecture me on it?
    I dont even see why this a discussion point as Brock recovered and won the fight. The ref's judgement was correct. Im sorry that Carwin tired himself out and wasnt as conditioned as Brock but as far as that I cant help you.

I'm not looking for any sort of excuse for Carwins loss. I'm not a nut hugging fan boy. I love MMA and not just individual fighters. I like to see a solid display of MMA which should be reffed fairly.

The outcome of the fights don't bother me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm not a ref but I know they're terrible decisions.

The fact that Lesnar won vindicates the referee's decision not to stop the fight surely?

It's a fight. Lesnar weathered the storm and made Carwin submit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Listen Rovert, it's a well established fact you only follow MMA since Brock joined the UFC. If Brock was still playing football you'd be in the American Football Forum explaining away his basic manipulation of the referees and cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Did you want him to do a seagull and catch the arm while on his back and mock him ?

Brock got out of the ground got up and gained cage position before the end of the fight.

Fight shouldn't have been stopped. There was one serious connecting shot and that was when Carwin stood up and dropped a fist into his face.

I think regardless of cardio had Brock gained the position he got in the first round he would have finished it.

I've watched MMA for years and have a solid understanding of it. Do you think because you may have watched more hours of it then you're in a position to lecture me on it?

Have you seen a Frye fight?
    I'm not looking for any sort of excuse for Carwins loss. I'm not a nut hugging fan boy. I love MMA and not just individual fighters. I like to see a solid display of MMA which should be reffed fairly.

Yep Im a fanboy for making claims about fighters which are rooted in reality instead of blindly hating them for inconsistant and illogical reasons.
    The outcome of the fights don't bother me.

Clearly

Listen Rovert, it's a well established fact you only follow MMA since Brock joined the UFC.

A fact would have evidence, Ive been watching MMA since 1997. I started subscribing to the Wrestling Observer in 2001. Yep total noob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

The fact that Lesnar won vindicates the referee's decision not to stop the fight surely?
    Thats just not true.
    If a fighter doesnt intelligently defend himself it should be stopped. Look at tito vs chuck 2. Chuck was on top of tito who was just covering up with his elbows. A lot more of carwins shots landed than chucks did but the fight was still stopped because tito like brock was not intelligently defending himself.

• Advertisement

show us your vhs of ufc 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

While I'm anything but a Brock fan, I have to say. He did eat a lot of punches while on his back but if you look at his face post fight he didn't seem to take too much damage.
    Also Brock tried to throw several punches back while he was on his back.

Carwin should have known better than to gas, his shots weren't doing enough damage, all his big shots landed on Brock's arms and the ones that got through didn't seem to do that much damage. I though he landed some nasty elbows but Brock looked fine in the second round, post fight...

Ref was right not to stop it, Brock had his head in his arms, was pushing off with his feet, trying to put his knees in between himself and Carwin. It may not have been the best defense but it worked.

LOL - this post is hilariously ignorant for so many reasons. And that even the term "MMA" was coined in Japan in the 70's? May have been Inoki who came up with it - can't remember - Google it if you want to get your head out of eth sand.
    The term MMA came out of a necessity to name the sport, in an effort to get regulation.
    You can't remember cause you don't know.

The term MMA came out of a necessity to name the sport, in an effort to get regulation.
    You can't remember cause you don't know.
    I love the way you ignore the rest of my post, and in the part you did quote, you still refuse to acknowledage the FACT that the term MMA was coined in Japan over 20 years before you think it was. Me failing to remember the small detail of exactly who it was (despite remembering when & where, and maybe even who) doesn't actually make it untrue.
    Do you always ignore facts to suit your agenda?

Edit:
    The term MMA is actually a pro wrestling term coined in the 70s by Antonio Inoki and Hisashi Shinma for Inoki's worked matches against people like Chuck Wepner, Willem Ruska and Mike Dayton, as well as his famous match with Muhammad Ali which wasn't exactly worked. Its original meaning is a match (with a predetermined outcome) between a pro wrestler and a fighter from a martial art held on Japanese network television.

The UFC name came around in 1993 and the MMA name for the sport started being used many years later when Jeff Blatnick was working with UFC to get athletic commissions to regulate the sport because it lost PPV on most cable systems. It was called NHB as the name of the sport with the transition to MMA being around 1998 or 1999.

Source: Dave Meltzer.

I love the way you ignore the rest of my post, and in the part you did quote, you still refuse to acknowledage the FACT that the term MMA was coined in Japan over 20 years before you think it was. Me failing to remember the small detail of exactly who it was (despite remembering when & where, and maybe even who) doesn't actually make it untrue.

Just a hunch I dont think baaa is being serious with his posts.

Antonio Inoki is the person you are talking about.

Have you seen a Frye fight?

Yes i have. There's no need to harp on about it in an attempt to question my knowledge of MMA.

Yep Im a fanboy for making claims about fighters which are rooted in reality
    You're a fanboy based on your constant nut hugging of a fighter and then the "i told you so" attitude solidified it. Couldn't you simply take the win in grace?

Clearly

Yes it is quite clear. Simply becuase i engage you in a discussion about the result doesn't nullify my outlook on the sport.

• Advertisement

The term MMA was "coined" 25 years ago in America to get sanctioning.
    The fact that they don't actually speak english in Japan might have given you a hint.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Anyone got a link to the full press conference? UFC.com seems to only have snippets.
    Anyone?? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The fact that they don't actually speak english in Japan might have given you a hint.
    MMA didnt really exist in the US 25 years ago :confused:

rovert wrote:
    Just a hunch I dont think baaa is being serious with his posts.

I guess you can stop trolling now, baaa.
    Shazbot wrote:
    Simply becuase i engage you in a discussion about the result doesn't nullify my outlook on the sport.
    The more you post actually gives away how little you get it.

MMA didnt really exist in the US 25 years ago :confused:
    Yeah was very much on the periphery alright.

• Advertisement

Yes i have. There's no need to harp on about it in an attempt to question my knowledge of MMA.

Then you would realise that certain fights and fighters get a greater latitude especially high profile ones.
    You're a fanboy based on your constant nut hugging of a fighter and then the "i told you so" attitude solidified it. Couldn't you simply take the win in grace?

What was so nuthugging in my assessment of Brock? I didnt say anything unreasonable and it is now generally correct.

Im not the one who needs to take things in grace here.

Other news & notes
    Sherdog Radio praised the ref job as the best ref job of the year

Josh Gross said the following:

"Retreating to the fence, Lesnar almost appeared to want out of the fight. But he never did. Rarely thought of this way, professional fighting is a dance for three. And so even though it was Lesnar hanging in, remaining lucid, taking Carwin's absolute best, some credit for the result belongs to referee Josh Rosenthal, who intently watched while the challenger wailed away on the endangered champion. We so often harp on the poor quality of officiating in mixed martial arts. Done correctly, the way Rosenthal did tonight, refereeing is mindful not only of the welfare of the fighters, but it allows for competitors to peel off a bout's dramatic layers. A lesser official could have easily stolen several chapters of a classic, as Carwin (12-1) reigned down accurate punches."

I guess you can stop trolling now, baaa.
    This is a new one on the subject of Brock,some anorak calling me a troll cause I disagree with him.

Josh Gross summed it up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yeah was very much on the periphery alright.
    No it just didnt exist.
    And they didnt even start looking for sanctioning until about 10 years ago

This is a new one on the subject of Brock,some anorak calling me a troll cause I disagree with him.

I know you're trolling, and it's a bit ghey at this stage TBH. I wasn't discussing Brock with you - you said pro wrestling fans shouldn't be discussing MMA - I gave you facts to back up the fact that MMA evolved from pro wrestling - you ignored it, and tried to be hilarious with your faux naif replies. Quite lame.

The name mixed martial arts was coined by Rick Blume, president and CEO of Battlecade, in 1995

Anyone?? :o

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/13960/

Let it load for 30 seconds and select it from the top scrolling menu.

The name mixed martial arts was coined by Rick Blume, president and CEO of Battlecade, in 1995

Ironic humour fail. When you're the only one who finds your posts funny, it's kinda time to move on, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭gimme5minutes

I actually like Brock alot and think it's dumb how he still isn't getting the respect he deserves from MMA fans. But this fight should've been stopped in the first round, I actually couldn't understand while watching why the ref wasn't stopping it, we have all seen fights stopped for 1/4 of the punishment Brock was taking. I have never seen a ref let a fight continue for that long in that situation. If the roles were switched and Carwin was taking the beating you can bet the fight would've been stopped.
    You analysis about it being about money is way off. If Carwin had finished the fight in the first, he would have been a gigantic money making star for the UFC too.

That is complete nonsense. Brock Lesnar was/is a household name from WWE. Who the hell is Carwin, I never heard of him before I read his name in connection with this fight. I like mma but I'm no fanboy, I just watch it if it's on when Im switching through channels, and I will check out some fights on youtube. Carwin was a nobody in the wider world, he wouldn't have anything near the money making potential of brock lesnar. Put it this way, I wouldn't have bothered looking up the fight on youtube this morning if it was between Carwin and some random HW. I looked it up because I wanted to see how Brock did.

let's keep this going last, 1000 posts is only 25 minutes away if we continue like this.

I think Brock is a no good cheat who used his fame to get a title shot, fought 2 bums - Frank Mir and Heath Herring, a Grandad, and a rookie. He then basically lost his last fight but used his influence to keep the referees whistle is his pocket and basically capitalised on it in the second round.

I think he's bad for the sport and its image and he should be sentanced to death by russian firing squad - Fedor 'the last emperour' emelianeko.

• Advertisement
Advertisement