Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Reaches Knocknagoshel

Options
  • 02-07-2010 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Whoohoo! Eircom have provided broadband to the picturesque North Kerry village of Knocknagoshel since last Wednesday 30th June 2010. Up to now, we have all been using Midband mobile dongles from various service providers and, whilst they are immensely better the dial-up, crashes were common on all of them. Looking forward to reliable download speeds of up to 3Mb.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Great news! It wasn't that long ago that the people of Knocknagoshel celebrated the discovery of fire.:P

Unfortunately, being with Vodafone Home Broadband, I don't get to report good news about their achievements, because they haven't got any, Vodafone being crap and all.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 eddiebarrett

What's this 'fire' thing you talk about???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

What's this 'fire' thing you talk about???:D

Sorry, I was mixing it up with that new wheel thing:(.

Still totally lost. I'll ask my neighbour Fred Flinstone about both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭e-sull

out of interest.. whats the population of knocknagoshel?? surely theres more of us back around lispole/annascaul?! sure theres already a broadband line to dingle so its hardly the most difficult thing in the world to tap off that line??

• Advertisement

According to the 2006 Census, the population of Knocknagoshel was 721. Just before the Parish Mission in 2009, an unofficial headcount gave the population as 1,200. I would suspect that the real figure lies somewhere in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭e-sull

jeez i never would have guessed knocknagoshel is actually as big as it is!

Advertisement