Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

compeititions

Options
  • 02-07-2010 10:57am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Quick one liner question really.

Why are the competition winners on the various threads that get posted up never announced?

Personally would like to know who won prizes to congratulate / have banter about etc
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah, and do mods ever win? :(

Actually, I saw it announced once who the winner was. Maybe it was decided best not to announce so they wouldn't get hassled by pm to sell the prize or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

WindSock wrote: »
    Maybe it was decided best not to announce so they wouldn't get hassled by pm to sell the prize or something?

Yeah that reasoning had crossed my mind alright, but still I would have thought that if this was an issue then it would be decided to not publish winners names.

Though I always thought there was a law somewhere about having to publish winners name though I could be WAAAAAAAYYYY off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭jacaranda

The competitions remind me of razor blades. it started off with one at the top of the list, then it went to two and now there are three. Why not just skip out the intermediate steps and jsut go straight to ten blades in a razor and ten competitions at the top of the list? :D

I think they only have a couple running at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭jacaranda

It used to be one, then there were two and today there are three on my screen...

• Advertisement

yeah it would be nice to know

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We never did set a max on it but I think we'll probably settle on two.

I dont think anyone ever thought to post the winners to be absolutely honest. They all have been won but I wonder if people want it to be known that they won (or if the DPA might have something against it). Just thinking out loud.

I'll link Darragh this thread and he will know.

DeV.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I won Ice-skating tickets. It was fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I won tickets to Ash and Republic Of Loose. Awesome night. Congratulate away.... only about 3 months late mind.

Commiserations!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

miju wrote: »
    Quick one liner question really.

Why are the competition winners on the various threads that get posted up never announced?

Personally would like to know who won prizes to congratulate / have banter about etc

I'll do my best to make sure this happens from now on :)

Cheers

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 28,959 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I recently won a €100 all4one voucher. Thanks again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I won tickets to a play, it was great! :D

So yes mods do win sometimes :P

Advertisement