Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance Grants? Can ANYBODY help?

• 02-07-2010 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

I have a grant form, where do I bring it to? Can I bring it to my VEC, or does it have to be my county council? Cause the County Council woman said she doesnt know anything about the form and cant help me with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭BeeJazizWafuls

The circumstances of the applicant will determine whose reckonable income will be assessed in connection with the grant application. For dependent applicants, the reckonable income to be assessed will be that of the applicant (if any) and of the applicant's parent(s) or guardian(s). An allowance is made for applicant earnings (for example from part-time work) of up to €3,809 currently.

Also, what does the highlighted mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

Im guessing it means they wont count the money you earn if its under €3,809?
    but correct me if im wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I have a grant form, where do I bring it to? Can I bring it to my VEC, or does it have to be my county council? Cause the County Council woman said she doesnt know anything about the form and cant help me with it?
    Odd ... perhaps she just means that she's not the person who normally deals with it?

Certainly most grants are handled by the Co. Councils at the moment; there was a proposal to amalgamate the different grant schemes under the VECs, but as far as I am aware it hasn't happened yet.

Grant info - Citizen's Information site

Grant info - studentfinance.ie
    The circumstances of the applicant will determine whose reckonable income will be assessed in connection with the grant application. For dependent applicants, the reckonable income to be assessed will be that of the applicant (if any) and of the applicant's parent(s) or guardian(s). An allowance is made for applicant earnings (for example from part-time work) of up to €3,809 currently.

Also, what does the highlighted mean?
    Mwah wrote: »
    Im guessing it means they wont count the money you earn if its under €3,809?
    but correct me if im wrong
    That sound's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭DC09

Cause the County Council woman said she doesnt know anything about the form and cant help me with it?
    Are you sure you went to the right part?

They were fairly sound to me and helped with it.

Advertisement