Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the best PRE-PAY network? - o2, meteor or vodafone?

Options
  • 02-07-2010 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi,
    Simple question - Which network is the best for pre-pay users?
    ie. price of calls, free texts when top up by x, free mobile internet etc etc.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3 have a great new offer. Top up by €20 and you get free any network texts and free any network weekend calls. you can also got a 250mb add on for €5, for your first 10 months they will also give you €5 free so that'll cover the data add on if you want to purchase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

Walkman wrote: »
    3 have a great new offer. Top up by €20 and you get free any network texts and free any network weekend calls. you can also got a 250mb add on for €5, for your first 10 months they will also give you €5 free so that'll cover the data add on if you want to purchase it.

Cool.
    Is 3 coverage any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

It's a pretty mixed lot, maybe more o2, then meteor, then vodafone.
    50/50 with calls/texts.

Ya, I've never had any issues with their coverage. Where roughly are you based.

• Advertisement

Ya, I've never had any issues with their coverage. Where roughly are you based.

Rural....... Cavan............

Ha ha any more specific

Ha ha any more specific

hahah!!

Outside Ballyjamsduff

Can you tell by this map:
    http://bing.bizmaps.ie/threeireland/Pages/Public/CoveragePublicPage.aspx.
    Light blue is full 3G indoor coverage while the dark blue is outdoor coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

Three's offer is great but watch out!! On their website it says the offer is ending on the 3/11/2010. After that there maybe no offer at all!! while many of the other network's offers are for life or at least a year.

I was interested on this offer aswell so if you do take it please let me know how it goes :)

I'm currently on Tesco Mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's excellent 3 3G coverage around ballyjamesduff, a lot already has 3 coverage and there's also a lot of NBS areas's there as well.

I bought the nokia X6 16GB with vodafone - €279.

I am quite pleased with it, - free satnat for life, wifi (the browser is good for a phone - but at the end of the day it's mobile internet so don't expect miracles)
    Vodafone coverage is great!! - no more "can you hear me now?! .... can you hear me now?!" And for some reason after I registered my details in the shop - €90 credit was added to my phone!! (I think it's because I was on vodafone before and never got the free credit, - but happy days!

Great value phone for the money.

Spooky1666 wrote: »
    Three's offer is great but watch out!! On their website it says the offer is ending on the 3/11/2010. After that there maybe no offer at all!! while many of the other network's offers are for life or at least a year.

I was interested on this offer aswell so if you do take it please let me know how it goes :)

I'm currently on Tesco Mobile

I wouldn't worry too much about the date of the offer. all the networks put end dates no offers. These are either extended or a new offer will replace the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

I bought the nokia X6 16GB with vodafone - €279.

I am quite pleased with it, - free satnat for life, wifi (the browser is good for a phone - but at the end of the day it's mobile internet so don't expect miracles)
    Vodafone coverage is great!! - no more "can you hear me now?! .... can you hear me now?!" And for some reason after I registered my details in the shop - €90 credit was added to my phone!! (I think it's because I was on vodafone before and never got the free credit, - but happy days!

Great value phone for the money.

€90?!!!!! so your balance was that? Jaysus, ya lucky devil!:D;)

jwcurtin wrote: »
    €90?!!!!! so your balance was that? Jaysus, ya lucky devil!:D;)

Talk about lucky! I was going to go straight from the vodafone shop to the o2 shop to switch networks, but luckily I bumped into a friend between the two shops!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Is 250mb a lot for data usage during a month? I would be mostly using wi-fi but would be handy for a bit of occasional browsing when not in any wi-fi zones. Mostly checking news sites, scores, facebook and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

tesco mobile ....

s_carnage wrote: »
    Is 250mb a lot for data usage during a month? I would be mostly using wi-fi but would be handy for a bit of occasional browsing when not in any wi-fi zones. Mostly checking news sites, scores, facebook and the like.

It should be enough for those sites, 250MB would cover about 2500 site visits I think.
    But with most new phones the sites you mentioned are free.

Advertisement