Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working for Limerick City/County Council..

Options
  • 02-07-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, im at this stage desperate for a job, been looking since christmas more or less and was wondering would there be any jobs going in the council buildings? iv plenty retail experience and im doing construction management in college with 3 years experience of autocad..would they be hiring at all do u know or will i just pop in with the aul cv?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

They are not hiring, but get the cv in to both places anyway. Better to have a slight chance than none at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

dave the city fire brigade are recruiting
    watch www.localgovernmentjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The jobs would show up on http://www.publicjobs.ie but as there is a recruitment freeze everywhere, except for the odd case of nepotism, you have a better chance finding a unicorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

kilburn wrote: »
    dave the city fire brigade are recruiting
    watch www.localgovernmentjobs.ie

i heard about that alright thanks for letting me know, thats more of a career tho, im doing my final year in college next sept so it would have to be something less time consuming than fire brigade, i had a couple of interviews last week but got a letter in the post saying thanks but no thanks! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I'd imagine the demand for Fireman jobs is huge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I'd love to get a job with the City or County Council & never have to work a day in my life again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Raiser wrote: »
    I'd love to get a job with the City or County Council & never have to work a day in my life again :D

haha it would be class alright, theres so many jobs to chose from too itl be like one of those lucky dip bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Getting a job there has nothing to do qualifications, experience, ability or suitability for the job. The only requirement is knowing who works there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

Raiser wrote: »

When I was working in the shopping centre we would see them passing on their breaks, they'd all arrive at about 11 wander into BBs sit there for 30-45 mins, back again at lunch and then another afternoon break FFS. And that's not including smoke breaks, you could witness them if you went outside. I'd LOOOOOOOVE a job there.

Advertisement