Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden rehab

Options
  • 02-07-2010 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Hey guys my elderly dads garden is gone wild.
    I will give you the over view of it.
    Its 50ft long by 20ft wide, timber shed sitting on pebbles in the far right corner.
    I cleared the end beside the shed but im left with a mound of earth and damn roots and stumps everywhere. Thinking of putting down railway sleepers and just throwing earth in behind it for a raised garden.
    Is this a good idea, have no gardening skills looking to do a quick and hald decent low maintenance job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭simonj

You could use bricks for a raised bed, I just used 9x1 planks with corner posts.

If there are a ton of roots, I'd say backfill the bed - remove as many as you can by and, but this would be one of the few times I'd reccommend a poison like roundup

Advertisement