Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Paolo De Ceglie, Armand Traore and Fabio Grosso

Sorenson,Motta,Salihamidzic at a push.

Scudetto wise I do not think those lads can provide a solid enough defence. I would think that a "defensive" right-back in january with De Ceglie back in Feb (I think :confused:) coupled with a striker would put Juve as title contenders. As it stands they'll be caught out at some stage.

A real frontman at Juventus, dare I dream...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    Paolo De Ceglie, Armand Traore and Fabio Grosso

Sorenson,Motta,Salihamidzic at a push.

Scudetto wise I do not think those lads can provide a solid enough defence. I would think that a "defensive" right-back in january with De Ceglie back in Feb (I think :confused:) coupled with a striker would put Juve as title contenders. As it stands they'll be caught out at some stage.

A real frontman at Juventus, dare I dream...

In the past, this Juventus team wouldn't be anywhere near good enough to challenge for the title. This season though, there isn't any great competition. Milan are looking most likely but look at their defence and midfield. Not exactly flawless.

In the past, this Juventus team wouldn't be anywhere near good enough to challenge for the title. This season though, there isn't any great competition. Milan are looking most likely but look at their defence and midfield. Not exactly flawless.

Still I think their defence is 'better', there midfield isn't and their strikeforce is just :eek:.

Bonucci-Chiellini is at least as good, if not better than Silva-Nesta.

http://www.football-italia.net/dec07q.html

What a surprise.:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Milan kicked Bologna's arese in the first half, Bologna getting back into it a bit now.
    Abbiati had a little moment of madness just now, real "WTF" stuff...
    Nothing happened, thankfully.

3-0 now.
    Guess who :).
    goal and an assist for Zlatan today. Been at the heart of everything for Milan, as always.

Ronaldinho not getting on the pitch again.
    Allegri really doesn't seem to fancy him at this stage.
    could see him leaving in January.
    Seedorf leaving in May.
    That free's up over €250k a week in wages. I could see Milan buying a few youngers in the summer.

A very early goal and a very late goal for Juve today. Krasic, Aquilani, Quagliarella all didn't really perform but we still managed to beat Lazio so that's a good sign.

Up to second now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Would love if one of the english teams gets Milan in the CL next round, they look rabid right now

A very early goal and a very late goal for Juve today. Krasic, Aquilani, Quagliarella all didn't really perform but we still managed to beat Lazio so that's a good sign.

Up to second now.

The winning goal was very well worked.

You lot are starting to gel up front. Like I said for ages, with that midfield and that CB pairing, if you can get a proper number 9 and some fullbacks you have a serious side!

Seaneh wrote: »
    The winning goal was very well worked.

You lot are starting to gel up front. Like I said for ages, with that midfield and that CB pairing, if you can get a proper number 9 and some fullbacks you have a serious side!

Yeah, I couldn't believe it. A good pass by Sissoko. :eek: He'll be leaving in the summer at the latest though.

If we could get a good version of Iaquinta that'd be ideal. That kind of player seems to be a good partner for Quagliarella but Iaquinta just isn't up to it. Agnelli has confirmed there will be funds to spend in January so hopefully Marotta will do the business.

I'm convinced that we don't need a new RB any more. Sorensen did the business again. This time against Zarate. Grygera is good enough for backup. Motta's loan shouldn't be made permanent.
    We desperately need a LB though. Even De Ceglie coming back from injury would be something.

Looks like it's ye against us for the scudetto.

Looks like it's ye against us for the scudetto.

The upstarts are back in their box, thankfully.

The upstarts are back in their box, thankfully.

The last time they won a major trophy pre-Calciopoli was 1989. Let's hope there's another 18 year wait.

Good win for Juve there at Lazio, I think the 6 point gap is representative of the gap between the two teams at this moment in time.

Juve just need Amauri back fit and another targetman to challenge this season. Basically we need Dzeko, hopefully the rumour of a summer option proves true and affordable. It's looking like bargain bin in January at the moment. Those general morons at goal.com mentioned Radu who I wouldn't mind on the left, he could cover as a central defender also which is a plus.

Any predictions lads?

At this stage:
    Milan
    Juventus
    Lazio
    Inter

Napoli to fall away as usual.

• Advertisement

i think we'll see lazio fall back as well, roma to push up

Juve just need Amauri back fit and another targetman to challenge this season.
    Amauri is useless. €23m for a 5 goal a season striker. He's one of the highest earners in the squad too.
    i think we'll see lazio fall back as well, roma to push up

I agree about Nazio. I don't see Roma getting anywhere near the top though.

I agree about Nazio. I don't see Roma getting anywhere near the top though.

oh no not to win it but definitely have an excellent chance of champ league qualification

So Parma, Palermo and Juve have all pulled out of the Cassano race.
    So Roma, Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina, Inter, Napoli and Genoa are my picks of the clubs who could actually sing him.
    From that.

Roma, won't sign him, not after last time.
    Lazio probably cannot afford him.
    Geona, he won't sign for them, I think he likes the Samp fans too much.
    Fiorentina, have too many players similar to him already, out of their wage bracket too.

So that leaves Milan, Napoli and Inter.

Milan, I could see a 6 month contract, maybe. But with Seedorf, Ronaldinho and Prince already, I don't see it happening.

Inter, the club who need him most, him and Wesley behind an inform Milito would be scary.

Napoli, I think this is the most likely to be honest. Don't know why, but I just have a feeling.

Outside that, if Carlo is still at Chelsea, I could see a 6 month contract there?

I heard he has already rented an apartment in Milan.

• Advertisement

Which side of town?

Don't know. It was just a rumour somewhere.

I'm sure he'll be a stabilising force at Inter :rolleyes:

He's one of few players who could turn their season around. Worth the risk on a short term contract.

Juve are supposedly signing a 17 year old Brazilian forward called Lucas Domingues Piazon.

It's him instead of Dzeko then.

I doubt Juve would waste their non E.U. spot on an unproven player. Incidently why a 4-4-2 needs the next Kaka is beyond me.

Dear god, could it be, an Italian granny rule :eek:, he has Venetian ancestry.

He won't be able to join/register until he turns 18. So I'm guessing he will be like loaned back to Sao Paolo for a year. He only turns 17 next month, he won't be playing for Juve anytime before Jan. 2012 in any case.

It's him instead of Dzeko then.

I doubt Juve would waste their non E.U. spot on an unproven player. Incidently why a 4-4-2 needs the next Kaka is beyond me.

Dear god, could it be, an Italian granny rule :eek:, he has Venetian ancestry.
    Yeah, the deal hinges on him getting an Italian passport.
    He won't be able to join/register until he turns 18. So I'm guessing he will be like loaned back to Sao Paolo for a year. He only turns 17 next month, he won't be playing for Juve anytime before Jan. 2012 in any case.

Correct.

Can an under 21 player not play without registration under a pre-contract?

No.

• Advertisement

Aww :(

Well he can link up with Elia,Hazard and Dzeko quite well in 2012 :)

I really can't see Dzeko going anywhere but City anymore.

The tribunal refused to rescind Cassano's contract. Looks like he's going to be sold to Milan.

Strangely, that'll mean that Real Madrid will owe €5M less to Milan for Kaka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The tribunal refused to rescind Cassano's contract. Looks like he's going to be sold to Milan.

Strangely, that'll mean that Real Madrid will owe €5M less to Milan for Kaka.

Ibra, Robinho, Pato and Cassano, not to mention Ronnie :eek:

I'd be shocked if this signing didn't spell the end of Ronaldinho's time in Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

What a fascinating combination of genius and ego Milan have in their forward line.:eek:

In theory,

Ibra
    Robinho Cassano Pato

Is ridiculously good. I wonder will Allegri try it and, if so, will it work at all? It's also incredibly harsh on KP Boateng.

Prince could be one of the 2 centre mids for a lot of games and Pato is injured a lot and the other two will need resting at times so he'd still get a lot of game time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Inter 2 up in the World Club beano,

• Advertisement

Milan v Roma is about to start.

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Bonera, Antonini; Gattuso, Ambrosini, Pirlo; Boateng; Ibrahimovic, Robinho

Roma: Doni; Burdisso, Mexes, Juan, Riise; Brighi, De Rossi, Simplicio; Menez; Borriello, Adriano

Adriano :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Jesus, Adriano is a whale. Disgraceful condition that he's got himself into.

Adriano_Roma.jpg

1-0 Roma, Borriello. Ugly goal, but Roma have deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Huge win for Roma. Happy for Boriello. Makes Serie A very interesting for 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Jesus, Adriano is a whale. Disgraceful condition that he's got himself into.

Had a good game, though

• Advertisement

This makes Juve's game tomorrow huge. It's the kind of one we never won under Ferrara, when the teams around us lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Really surprised to see Roma beat Milan but it just goes to show if Zlatan is off his game they struggle for goals. I think with Inter away it is a real opportunity for the like of Juve to pull ahead, but alas I fear Napolis heroics could leave them a bit worn out for the Lecce visit. Hope I am wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Benitez has said he will quit if he is not given money to spend in January.

I'd say the board will give him nothing so he quits and they won't have to pay any compensation. :rolleyes:

dea511949e56.jpg

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Benitez has said he will quit if he is not given money to spend in January.

I'd say the board will give him nothing so he quits and they won't have to pay any compensation. :rolleyes:

That's not what he said:
    "There are three possibilities for the club," the former Liverpool boss said in Abu Dhabi. "One, 100% support for the coach and buy four or five players to build a stronger team with competition among the players to be able to carry on winning matches and trophies.

"Two, carry on like this without a project, without planning, and go ahead with one person to blame, for the whole season.
    "The third," he added, "is to speak to my agent to reach an agreement if there is not this support. Simple."

I'm amazed, he has never used the press like this before.

• Advertisement
Advertisement