Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Half time in Sardinia. I'd say Cassano will be on at half time.

yeah, hope they don;t take off Merkel though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Seaneh wrote: »
    yeah, hope they don;t take off Merkel though.

How are Milan playing? Plenty of possession, but not too many opportunities? Any time I flicked over Cagliari seemed to be on top and I saw them hitting the post too!

L'prof wrote: »
    How are Milan playing? Plenty of possession, but not too many opportunities? Any time I flicked over Cagliari seemed to be on top and I saw them hitting the post too!

Cagliari have had one chance. Milan have had all the position but nothing in the final third. Look comfortable but Seedorf and Robinho are having an absolute mere, both losing the ball a lot.

Cagliari have had one chance. Milan have had all the position but nothing in the final third. Look comfortable but Seedorf and Robinho are having an absolute mere, both losing the ball a lot.

I did say I was only flicking over :P They had the ball every time and I managed to catch their only shot too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Still no Cassano. Must be fairly unfit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Can anyone confirm if Macheda is playing for Sampdoria?

he's not even in the squad today...

RasTa wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if Macheda is playing for Sampdoria?

He isn't in the matchday squad.

o..m..g..

Ibra-victim Rodney Strasser is coming on for Gattuso.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Brilliant idea to loan Giovinco to Parma...

Cassano comming on, AT LAST!.

Get Robinho off, looks really out of it today.

He looks pretty trim to me!

Wearing Gattuso's shin guards. :D

the ESPN commentator just called Cagliari "Genoa".
    Oh dear lord.

Wearing Gattuso's shin guards. :D

Yeah, thought that was gas!

the ESPN commentator just called Cagliari "Genoa".
    Oh dear lord.

The one earlier spent an hour calling Legrottaglie "Grygera", thought Grosso was playing right-back and Sorensen left-back.. :confused:

This has been a terrible match.
    Milan really need Ibra, KPB and Pirlo fit, without them we are very, very flat.

Aquafresh on for Cagliari.

Well worked Goal.
    thank feck for that.
    Strasser, good finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

The commentators on ESPN are pretty bad but at least we get to see the games, today is the first Serie A games I have seen in 3 months so I don't care if they call Caliari Coventry.

Strasser scores to make it 1-0 Milan, good goal but he looked off-side.

Assist for Cassano.

Looks offside on the replay.

Was good to Strasser running straight to Gattauso, very similar players and I think he is seen as the heir to that position.

His left foot was offside...
    Ah well.

His left foot was offside...
    Ah well.
    It was very close, you can't blame the linesman though, I think the benefit of the doubt should always go to the attacking player anyway.

LOL at the two lads in the corner milking it...

dor83 wrote: »
    It was very close, you can't blame the linesman though, I think the benefit of the doubt should always go to the attacking player anyway.

Yeah, that's the rule isn't it? Or it's meant to be.

LOL at the two lads in the corner milking it...

I've never seen so many players closing down a corner.

Conflicting emotions now later.

Want Leo to do well because he is an absolute hero of mine, one of my favourite Milan players when I was a kid.

One the other hand, I want inter to lose their next 5-6 games and drop out of the title race altogether!

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's the rule isn't it? Or it's meant to be.
    It's meant to be but they seem to give it to the defender nowadays. Fair play to Milan, it's games like today when you are missing big players and scrape a win that make the difference between winning the league and not.

Milan win, Lazio draw, Juve lose. Napoli and Inter play each other. Great day for Milan.

I've never seen so many players closing down a corner.

They were clearly inside the 10 year marker too, so in fairness, it's their own fault.

No idea how two egos that size fitted in such a small space beside the corner flag though.

How the hell is one penalty box meant to contain the combined egos of Robinho, Cassano and Ibrahimovic?

And what if the reports of Balotelli joining are true?

Would Milan then be the single more arrogant* team of all time?

*justified arrogance as it is, it's still arrogance.

Conflicting emotions now later.

Want Leo to do well because he is an absolute hero of mine, one of my favourite Milan players when I was a kid.

One the other hand, I want inter to lose their next 5-6 games and drop out of the title race altogether!
    I can see this ending in a draw myself because neither team can really afford to lose, but a draw is bad for both teams imo. Hopefully both teams come out and go for it so we see a good game.

It's meant to be but they seem to give it to the defender nowadays. Fair play to Milan, it's games like today when you are missing big players and scrape a win that make the difference between winning the league and not.

I rememebr the last League win we played terrible in some games and still got a result, much like today, and C.A. saying in a press conference afterwards that "one of the most obvious sign of a team of champions is the ability to play badly but still get a victory" im my opinion it shows a stubbornness to not allow a little thing like form affect your class.

I can see this ending in a draw myself because neither team can really afford to lose, but a draw is bad for both teams imo. Hopefully both teams come out and go for it so we see a good game.

I think with Napoli, they only have one setting, there is no sit back and play for a draw in them, it's everything or bust!

I could see Inter sitting back, soaking it up and hitting them on the break with Biabiany and Eto'o's pace.

• Advertisement

I think with Napoli, they only have one setting, there is no sit back and play for a draw in them, it's everything or bust!

I could see Inter sitting back, soaking it up and hitting them on the break with Biabiany and Eto'o's pace.
    Eto'o is still suspended for his Zidane impression I think, he should be dropped for the stupidity of it too. I think it will be a good game but I just have a feeling it will be a draw, or Napoli will win it. I can't see Inter winning it, missing Sneijder, Samuel, Cesar, Coutinho and Eto'o and with a misfiring Milito I can see Napoli scoring and can't see us scoring many.

Eto'o is still suspended for his Zidane impression I think, he should be dropped for the stupidity of it too. I think it will be a good game but I just have a feeling it will be a draw, or Napoli will win it. I can't see Inter winning it, missing Sneijder, Samuel, Cesar, Coutinho and Eto'o and with a misfiring Milito I can see Napoli scoring and can't see us scoring many.

Forgot about his little incident actually!
    with all those injuries/suspensions I could see Leo playing Mancinni and Biabiany our wide with Pandev playing behind Milito. Or even a trident of Biabiany, Pandev wide of Milito and then a flat midfield 3 of Cambiasso, Thiago Motta and Stankovic.

Forgot about his little incident actually!
    with all those injuries/suspensions I could see Leo playing Mancinni and Biabiany our wide with Pandev playing behind Milito. Or even a trident of Biabiany, Pandev wide of Milito and then a flat midfield 3 of Cambiasso, Thiago Motta and Stankovic.

Mancini has signed for Atletico Mineiro.

Glad to say I was wrong about last nights game, 2 excellent goals from Motta and a good team performance in the second half were what won the game.

On another note, Quagliarella tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee yesterday and will be out for the rest of the season. I hate to player's get bad injuries like that and hopefully he will make a full recovery and be back to his best for next season.

Luca Toni :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Luca Toni :o

Can anybody explain that one to me? What an expensive, backwards move :eek:

Didn't Quagliarella go off injured yesterday? Likely to miss the rest of the season. They could do a lot worse than sign him on a free as a stopgap!

It's not expensive at all. It was a free transfer and he has taken a wage cut to join Juve. He's crap though.
    Didn't Quagliarella go off injured yesterday? Likely to miss the rest of the season. They could do a lot worse than sign him on a free as a stopgap!
    It was confirmed today that Quag's season is over. Toni isn't what Juve need though. They need a goalscorer. Iaquinta (and to a lesser extent Amauri) can do the target man, holding the ball up thing but neither of them are prolific scorers.

It was confirmed today that Quag's season is over. Toni isn't what Juve need though. They need a goalscorer. Iaquinta (and to a lesser extent Amauri) can do the target man, holding the ball up thing but neither of them are prolific scorers.

What are the options though? Do they have money to burn on an inflated January signing?

What are the options though? Do they have money to burn on an inflated January signing?

Someone like Pazzini would be achievable. He isn't exactly world class but he gets a lot more goals than Toni.

Another striker might still be signed in this month because Toni was free. I hope so anyway.

He was free and it's only for 18 months...

I think Toni is a step up from Amauri and Iaq to be honest...

Would have been a good partner for Qau funnily enough...

He's a step up from Amauri, but not Iaquinta. Not any more.
    12 months too many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

He's a step up from Amauri, but not Iaquinta. Not any more.

12 months too many.

I'm a step up from Amauri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

His wages are €4m to June 2012. Hardly free. Consider he is older than Trezeguet and Juve are still paying him €3m per year as Hercules can only pay €1.5m

The fact that Toni will make Amauri look mobile around the box is the only benefit I can see.

Backwards step in my opinion. Juve settling for mid-table ambitions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement