Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

L'prof wrote: »
    What are the options though? Do they have money to burn on an inflated January signing?

They have no money. Aquilani and co are loan with an option signings. It'll cost about €30m for Juve to keep last June's signings next June - if they take up the options.

If they can shift Sissoko they might invest in Floro Flores (shudder)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

They have no money. Aquilani and co are loan with an option signings. It'll cost about €30m for Juve to keep last June's signings next June - if they take up the options.

That's not true. Juve are in a fairly healthy financial position, considering they're in the process of building a stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

That's not true. Juve are in a fairly healthy financial position, considering they're in the process of building a stadium.

That's a fairly big aside though, don't you think?

OK, I'll qualify. They have no money for players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland are trying to get a loan bid done for Muntari. How's he been getting on at Inter? A bit-part player I presume.

L'prof wrote: »
    That's a fairly big aside though, don't you think?
    I know what you mean. What I meant is that they would be much better off if they weren't paying for a stadium, but they're still not badly off.
    OK, I'll qualify. They have no money for players.
    I don't really think that's true either. Juve obviously aren't competing at the same financial level as City, Real Madrid, etc. so they can't go after the real top class established players, but they have invested quite a lot in the last couple of seasons and will do so again this summer.

Paully D wrote: »
    Sunderland are trying to get a loan bid done for Muntari. How's he been getting on at Inter? A bit-part player I presume.

He's been fairly useless to be honest. Rarely plays and when he does, he runs around like a headless chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He's been fairly useless to be honest. Rarely plays and when he does, he runs around like a headless chicken.

Thanks for the reply.

Interesting. Perhaps the Italian game doesn't suit him because he was excellent in the Premier League with Portsmouth (as that convinced Jose to spend £12m on him).

Paully D wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

Interesting. Perhaps the Italian game doesn't suit him because he was excellent in the Premier League with Portsmouth (as that convinced Jose to spend £12m on him).
    Horses for courses I suppose.

Conversely, KP Boateng wasn't anything special for Pompey (as far as I know) but he has been great for Milan so far.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

They paid outright for Krasic, Martínez, Storari, Bonucci who between then cost roughly €45million.
    They (the owners) have money.

The loan signings were players they were right to only take on loan.

Pepe, Qua, Motta and Aquilani are unproven at that level.

Aquilani hasn't played a full season in 5 years, signing him outright would have been stupid.

Motta is being found out badly.

Pepe is looking like he would have been a bad signing for 7.5million so again good business.

Qau looked good until he got injured. the loan with an option was a great idea as he had never played at a level higher than napoli and it was a chance to get a proper look at him. I expect they sign him.

The other 3 loan are.

Frederik Sørensen, who they have already agreed to sign for 1.1 million.

Leandro Rinaudo, who they were never going to sign outright.

Armand Traoré, as cover at left back and left mid. Has done nothing since he signed.

They were never planning on keeping half of them, it was just a cheap way of geting cover for their first team.

Toni was just signed as emergency cover.

Fair play, Sean. You did what I couldn't be bothered to do.

I think Sørensen actually cost even less than that.

Also, Juve have signed quite a few youth players recently. Marco Costantino, Carlos Garcia, Vincenzo Camilleri (ex-Chelsea), Hordur Magnusson, Carlo Ilari, Marcel Buchel, Niccolo Giannetti (scored vs Man City). They all add up too.

Milan Undinese on right now. Currently 2-1.

Went in at half time 1-1, DI Natale put Udin ahead and then Pato levelled just on the stroke of half time from an Ibra assist.
    Then in the 53rd minute Sanchez snuck in at the front post and got ahead of Bonera to get on the end of an Isla cross to score a very nice header.

Score is pretty fair, Milan looking a bit unimaginative in the final third, Seedorf and Ibra having good games, Pato and Robinho look like they are trying too hard. If we click, we will rip them up, have them pinned back most of the time.

3-1.
    Di Natale.
    Milan committed 9 men forawrd, caught on the break, typical of the goals we've conceded this season.

Cassano on.

Milan playing 4-2-4 now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

1-0 Catania against Inter, throwing away a great chance to get closer to Milan if it stays like this.

• Advertisement

dor83 wrote: »
    1-0 Catania against Inter, throwing away a great chance to get closer to Milan if it stays like this.

If you lot lose, I won't care as much.

Cambiasso, get in. Now to get another and get back into contention for the title.

Cambiasso, get in. Now to get another and get back into contention for the title.

I hate him so much :(

It's like we are intent on passing it into the fecking goal!

Seaneh wrote: »
    I hate him so much :(
    And again, he is a legend, I love Cambiasso. Lazio losing too, could be a very good day.

• Advertisement

Own goal from Benatia, Silva put a ball into the box and it went in off the Albanians' head!

cambiasso again:mad: 1-2

Udin with 9 men in their box and only sanchez and Di Natale outside it. So horrible to watch.

Great match so far.

3-3!

What a game
    Pato, assist from Cassano!

I EFFING LOVE ANTIONO CASSANO!!!

What a first touch and what a finish from the duck!
    Game of the fecking season!

go on the pato!:pac:

Udin bring on Dennis for Di Natale, looks like they are going to lump balls forward now!

**** sake

4-3 Udin.
    counter again.
    gutted.

We need Nesta nd Sokratis back soon, Bonera has has another shocker...

• Advertisement

WHAT A GAME!!!!!

4-4

Ibracadabra!

WHAT A GAME!!!!!

4-4

Ibracadabra!

That sounds like one hell of a game, fair play to Milan for the comebacks.

My fecking heart!

I can't take this anymore.

I think I need a lay down...

Antonio Cassano now has 3 assists in less than an hours football for Milan, 1 was a game winner last week and 2 were equalisers this week, this man is going to be a Milan legend if he keeps this up.

I'm still all jittery, haven't seen a game that open and fluid in years, both teams kept the ball on the ground and besides about 15 minutes of defensive play by Udin both teams really went for the win.

Can't decided betweeh Ibra, Gattauso, Sanchez or Di Natale for the MotM award. Honourable mentions to Inler, Pato and Cassano's 20 minute cameo!

I can tell Juve are going to play some beautiful football this evening. :rolleyes:

Amauri and Toni both starting apparently.

Goals from the game of the season. Doesn't include all of the other chances. Such an exciting game.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I'm developing a serious man crush for Edison Cavani!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

El Matador Cavani is taking a dump on Juventus at the minute.

Nearly scored a 4th.

• Advertisement

That was fúcking horrible. The last two matches have been just as bad as last season.

Grazie, those girls! Legs, legs, legs.

Antonio Floro Flores reportedly having a medical for Juve tomorrow. :(

Milan apprently linked with van Bommel, ffs, why?!?!
    He's 33 for feck sake.
    Save on his insane wages and sign two young players!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Milan apprently linked with van Bommel, ffs, why?!?!
    He's 33 for feck sake.
    Save on his insane wages and sign two young players!

Sure 33 is young for Milan.;)

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Sure 33 is young for Milan.;)

24 26 34 28

33 33 31

29 21

Ages of our current line up.
    Yeah, he'd be young :rolleyes:

It's a pointless signing, there is no way he is going to get into the team ahead or Pirlo, Ambrosini or Gattauso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

24 26 34 28

33 33 31

29 21

Ages of our current line up.
    Yeah, he'd be young :rolleyes:

It's a pointless signing, there is no way he is going to get into the team ahead or Pirlo, Ambrosini or Gattauso.

As I said, perfect for that midfield.:pac:

Juve won 2-0 in the Coppa tonight but Toni went off injured with sprained right knee, so Juve are really short of strikers at the moment.

Bologna have been docked another 2 points, meaning they have been docked 3 points in total this season.

Juve won 2-0 in the Coppa tonight but Toni went off injured with sprained right knee, so Juve are really short of strikers at the moment.

No need to worry. Florogol is coming to lead us to greatness.

No need to worry. Florogol is coming to lead us to greatness.
    That really is a transfer that I don't understand, he is average at best imo and Juve should be looking for much better players. Any idea how much he will cost?

• Advertisement
Advertisement