Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

dor83 wrote: »
    That really is a transfer that I don't understand, he is average at best imo and Juve should be looking for much better players. Any idea how much he will cost?
    Del Piero is our only fully fit senior striker (he was brilliant tonight though). If we sell Amauri back to Palermo and sign Floro Flores we might make a small profit on the transfer fees and we'll have reduced the wage budget. Amauri is beyond useless these days and at least Floro is younger. He's still a very mediocre player though.

It might not happen though. He could go to Genoa too.

The figure mentioned is about €3m for 50% of his contract.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Mad to think he was playing Serie D with Arezzo not long ago...

Seaneh wrote: »
    Mad to think he was playing Serie D with Arezzo not long ago...

Arezzo are in D now but when Floro Flores was there they were in Serie B.

o remember then being in at least C when he played for them... Could be wrong though!

Milan being linked with a cheeky free transfer for Bosingwa in the summer, would be a very good singing!

Milan being linked with a cheeky free transfer for Bosingwa in the summer, would be a very good singing!

yep, badly need LB and RB, i really thought Abate would turn into a really good player but it just has happened for me, i still think he is decent, a squad player definitely

yep, badly need LB and RB, i really thought Abate would turn into a really good player but it just has happened for me, i still think he is decent, a squad player definitely

Yeah, Abate is definitely the best right back we currently have, but he's not good enough to be a starter.
    Handy player to have because he gives options at right back and right mid and he is very quick. But we need a top class right back.

If Bosingwa was signed and his wages were about what they are now (around €60k a week) we'd be sorted for a few years in that position.

I really think we need a left full too.
    Luca is good, again the same as Abate really, he's a handy squad player but we need better than than.
    I said it when it happened and I think I've been proven right, but selling Luca Antonelli to Parma 2 summers ago was a terrible mistake, always looked a quality player and now he is an International ahead of the player we kept ahead of him.

HOWEVER.

If Antonelli joining Genoa this month means that Domenico Criscito is available, we'd be stupid not to go for him.
    Would be a quality signing as either a LB or as a future replacement for Nesta in the middle

absolutely right with Antonini there. I havent seen much of this Criscito lad but ive heard good things, i'll look out for him in the next few weeks

absolutely right with Antonini there. I havent seen much of this Criscito lad but ive heard good things, i'll look out for him in the next few weeks

He was in the World cup squad, he is the current first choice for the Azzuri at left full. has 12 caps, only 24 too.

o remember then being in at least C when he played for them... Could be wrong though!

He has never played lower than B.

The season Juve were in B, he only got one goal less than Trezeguet did. :P

• Advertisement

He was in the World cup squad, he is the current first choice for the Azzuri at left full. has 12 caps, only 24 too.

He's very lightweight and can be prone to mistakes. He plays better as a left wing back/left midfielder for Genoa than he does at left back for Italy.

He's very lightweight and can be prone to mistakes. He plays better as a left wing back/left midfielder for Genoa than he does at left back for Italy.

Light weight?
    Have you seen the rake we have a right full? Abate has the build of a 14 year old.

Then Criscito has the build of a 15 year old. :P

Then Criscito has the build of a 15 year old. :P

And he's a better footballer, so it's easily an improvement :pac:

Looks like the Criscito rumor has legs!

from here
    Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani admits that he has spoken to Genoa about the prospect of signing Domenico Criscito.

The full-back position has been a problem for Milan in recent years, but the club has focused instead on bringing in attacking talent.

Speaking at the official unveiling of Antonio Cassano, he said: “We are talking about it with Genoa President Enrico Preziosi.

“It was one of the things we spoke about over dinner in Brazil.”

Galliani met Preziosi in South America while helping Ronaldinho find a new club.

The pair have a very strong relationship, which was demonstrated in the Kevin-Prince Boateng and Marco Amelia deals they did in the summer.

Tonight Milan have a chance to pull 6 points ahead of Napoli and Lazio (if Lazio win tonight) and stay 11 ahead of Inter (who will have 2 games in hand).

Should bea tough game but we really should be beating the likes of Lecce.

I expect Cassano to put in a hard shift, being a massive Bari fan he should be relishing the chance to score against the local rivals.

Well done Inter yesterday, 4-1 against a tough Bologna team. Leo is really turning things around and I see them as Milan's biggest challengers now.

Great free kick by Del Piero.

That was a hard fought 3 points for Juve.

Line ups:
    LECCE: Rosati; Tomovic, Gustavo, Fabiano, Mesbah; Vives; Munari, Olivera, Grossmuller; Jeda, Di Michele.

MILAN: Amelia; Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Bonera; Gattuso, Ambrosini, Flamini; Seedorf; Pato, Ibrahimovic.

Not happy with Bonera or Seedorf starting!

• Advertisement

You should beat Lecce easily anyway.

0-1
    Zlatan
    Absolute screamer.

Bahahahaha

Galliani's face after the goal was like "how the hell did he do that!?".

finished 1-1.
    Olivera on the 80th minute, very bad defending from a corner.

Throwing away points!

Abate was Motm for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Inter will be rubbing their hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

finished 1-1.
    Olivera on the 80th minute, very bad defending from a corner.

Throwing away points!

Abate was Motm for me.

Lecce shouldn't have gotten anything from that game. Milan though were completely one paced and devoid of all ideas. Cassano did add a little something when he came on as the duck did absolutely nothing. No connection at all between him and Ibra.

That said I think the Udinese match killed this one. Far too negative a line up. Ambro, Rino and Flamini in the same midfield! Not enough spark going forward and I thought the substitution was the wrong one. I'd have taken off Flamini for Cassano and gone for it.

dreadful game i thought, both teams were as bad as each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Has nobody ever told Lecce they look like circus clowns with that kit?

iregk wrote: »
    Lecce shouldn't have gotten anything from that game. Milan though were completely one paced and devoid of all ideas. Cassano did add a little something when he came on as the duck did absolutely nothing. No connection at all between him and Ibra.

That said I think the Udinese match killed this one. Far too negative a line up. Ambro, Rino and Flamini in the same midfield! Not enough spark going forward and I thought the substitution was the wrong one. I'd have taken off Flamini for Cassano and gone for it.

Seedorf has to be dropped now. Two games in a row where he was completely ineffective, Merkel was a million times better in the #10 role against Cagliari when we are without Robinho and Cassano isn't fit enough yet we should be playing him there. Seedorf is just a liability now.

We badly need Pirlo back, the 3 lads in midfield didn't do a whole lot wrong but the 3 of them together just isn't good enough, they need someone who can take the ball from them and do something with it.

My preferd 1st team would be this.

Amelia

Abate
    Nesta
    Thiago Silva
    Antonini

Gatusso
    Ambrosini
    Pirlo

Robinho

Cassano
    Ibra

With Robinho playing a little deeper than the other two.

Or maybe switch Cassano for Robinho and play Pato as one of the two strikers.

But I never want to see seedorf start a game again!

We badly need Pirlo back

While I completely agree with the Seedorf comment this one strikes me as somewhat odd. You say Seedorf is a liability and that Milan badly need Pirlo back yet you have Seedorf in ahead of Pirlo in your starting 11?

A mistake surely?

iregk wrote: »
    While I completely agree with the Seedorf comment this one strikes me as somewhat odd. You say Seedorf is a liability and that Milan badly need Pirlo back yet you have Seedorf in ahead of Pirlo in your starting 11?

A mistake surely?

It was of course a mistake.

p.s.
    Don't call me Shirley.

• Advertisement

I'd probably go this way.

Amelia

Abate Nesta Thiago Silva Antonini

Gatusso Pirlo

Robinho Cassano Pato
    Ibra

I know leaving out Max maybe a touch controversial but I've just never rated him as top drawer. Certainly not someone who should be captaining Milan. I know they do term of service captaincy but still...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Cellino:
    Lazzari can join Milan in June, but not now

That's that dead in the water for now.

Krasic really knows the right things to say. :D

http://www.football-italia.net/jan17i.html

Milan playing Bari in the cup right now.
    2-0 ah HT, Cassano starting against his home town club.

Robinho behind Cassano and Ibra, all playing very well.
    Merkel starting on the left of the midfield 3, playing very, very well, that boy is going to be a star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Sportitalia say the new Juve striker is Huntelaar, for 7m€ and Sissoko.

Could play well in Juve's 4-4-2 to be honest!

He did ok at Milan, that's a good price for him.

Apropos of nothing, I love this goal.

New Juventus signing for Goalkeeper. Branescu is 16yo and 1.92m tall!

la%2015%20ani%20in%20cupa%20romaniei-111561.jpg

we were just talking about how miklan need good rb and lb, today the announced the signing of Urby Emmanuelson from ajax

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11863_6692330,00.html

Dont know much about him, 11 caps for Holland, 24 years old, apparently more of a wing back

From what I've seen, he's not much of a defender. They would have been better off with Ziegler but he seems to have chosen Lazio.

• Advertisement

It seems that Milan are just not willing to pay what they see as over the odds for Ziegler, rather than him choosing Lazio over Milan.

Galliani has said that he sees Emanuelson as a winger, so I wouldn't be surprised if a left full was still brought in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Merkel starting on the left of the midfield 3, playing very, very well, that boy is going to be a star.
    Bari were garbage, but for an 18 year old he looked very comfortable, even though the opposition were trying to kick him off the pitch.

It seems that Milan are just not willing to pay what they see as over the odds for Ziegler, rather than him choosing Lazio over Milan.
    "Il Corriere dello Sport claims Ziegler rejected Milan because they were unable to guarantee him regular action. "
    Galliani has said that he sees Emanuelson as a winger, so I wouldn't be surprised if a left full was still brought in.
    A winger in what formation, I wonder?

A winger in what formation, I wonder?
    milan's new 4-1-5 :pac:

Prilo in the middle with Urby, robinho, ibra, Cassano and Pato :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

166408_10150093300566937_147054831936_6488304_7138637_n.jpg
    167376_10150093300596937_147054831936_6488305_6641632_n.jpg
    Urby at the game today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Tough life being Samuel Eto'o :eek:

Italian TV, can't beat it :D

The Mourinho edition was hilarious.

Tough life being Samuel Eto'o :eek:

I'm surprised he could stand up at the end............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Van Bommel joins Milan. Yes he's 33 but a good signing

• Advertisement

terrible signing. Absolute waste Of wages. he has, at most, 18 months left, he is no better than what we have and he will be on insane wages. He is slow, he's a thugs and on top of that he will expect to be a starter, Oh, and he is cup tied for europe. We could have paid slightly more of a fee and saved millions on wages for a better, younger player.

Advertisement