Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Seaneh, does Flamini get much playing time for Milan these days? How has he looked this season if so?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

get plays a fair bit. He's a good player, covers a lot of ground and gets forward a fair bit. He's behind Ambrosini, Gattauso and Prilo but one of them is usually injured so he starts a lot of games. I'd have him ahead MvB any day. Far less likely to do something stupid and cost us a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I'm beginning to think Berlusconi is trying to create a new reality tv show in the dressing room. The combination of Robinho, Ibra and Cassano wasn't enough, they now need to throw in Van Bommel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Seaneh wrote: »
    terrible signing. Absolute waste Of wages. he has, at most, 18 months left, he is no better than what we have and he will be on insane wages. He is slow, he's a thugs and on top of that he will expect to be a starter, Oh, and he is cup tied for europe. We could have paid slightly more of a fee and saved millions on wages for a better, younger player.

Isn't it only a 6 months contract?

Isn't it only a 6 months contract?

Really? If so... Not too bad then!

• Advertisement

Samp Vs Milan second half about to kick off.

0-2.
    Pato with both goals.

line ups are.
    SAMPDORIA: Da Costa; Zauri, Volta, Accardi, Ziegler; Poli, Palombo, Tissone, Guberti; Macheda, Maccarone.

MILAN: Roma; Oddo, Papastathopoulos, Yepes, Antonini; Van Bommel, Thiago Silva, Emanuelson; Merkel; Pato, Robinho.

1-2 now.
    Guberti header from a good cross from Big Mac.

Finished 2-1 to Milan. Good result considering we are missing Andrea Pirlo, Clarence Seedorf, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Gianluca Zambrotta, Alessandro Nesta, Daniele Bonera, Massimo Ambrosini and Marco Amelia...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Roma 2 - 0 Juventus.

Average game, had some boring patches but certainly on the balance of the teams 2-0 is an unfair result.

The best part was when Delneri brought on Grosso instead of Aquilani, because certainly Grosso is a game changer...

Of course with that the realistic trophy chances for Juve are gone for another year yet again. Every season it is said that we need to rebuild and start again, this season was no different and we are told that the terribly average players that we signed are to build a base for a new team (never mind the fact that for the same money we could have easily played a 4-2-3-1 formation). Milos Krasic, over wonder signing is electric, and a three trick pony, he can run to the byline and cross, cut into the box and cross or dive and win a free kick, truly an heir to Nedved. While teams like Palermo,Napoli,Milan,Roma and Inter are flush with attacking talent we have nobody except Del Piero, who IMO is getting a bit too slow.

Where's Deschamps when you need him?

• Advertisement

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    Roma 2 - 0 Juventus.

Average game, had some boring patches but certainly on the balance of the teams 2-0 is an unfair result.

The best part was when Delneri brought on Grosso instead of Aquilani, because certainly Grosso is a game changer...

Of course with that the realistic trophy chances for Juve are gone for another year yet again. Every season it is said that we need to rebuild and start again, this season was no different and we are told that the terribly average players that we signed are to build a base for a new team (never mind the fact that for the same money we could have easily played a 4-2-3-1 formation). Milos Krasic, over wonder signing is electric, and a three trick pony, he can run to the byline and cross, cut into the box and cross or dive and win a free kick, truly an heir to Nedved. While teams like Palermo,Napoli,Milan,Roma and Inter are flush with attacking talent we have nobody except Del Piero, who IMO is getting a bit too slow.

Where's Deschamps when you need him?

Grosso came on because Motta was injured.

Juve were fúcking awful last night. I still have faith that the team is heading in the right direction under Delneri and Marotta. Marotta is doing a great job with quite limited funds. A new striker is badly needed but that won't happen until the summer. CL qualification is vital this year and I think we'll (just about) make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Cassano and Pazzini gone from Samp and Macheda only on loan until end of season... doesn't sound good for them

ps. I've read that Pato has gone a bit off the rails, frequenting nightclubs until all hours after his relationship fell apart - any truth in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Cassano and Pazzini gone from Samp and Macheda only on loan until end of season... doesn't sound good for them

ps. I've read that Pato has gone a bit off the rails, frequenting nightclubs until all hours after his relationship fell apart - any truth in this?

ye seperated from wife hence why no ghey hand gesture when he scores now as that was for her. Was/is partying harder that ronnie and the comments from silvio during the winter break about someone so young shouldnt be so injured so often leads me to believe he is off this year more than likely unless he turns things around big time

Amauri might actually be leaving!!!!!! :D

His agent says there's an offer from abroad and a loan offer from Genoa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Van Bommel gets himself sent off in only his second game. Italian football was never going to be a good fit for him - referees generally don't take too well to hatchetmen.

Grosso came on because Motta was injured.

Juve were fúcking awful last night. I still have faith that the team is heading in the right direction under Delneri and Marotta. Marotta is doing a great job with quite limited funds. A new striker is badly needed but that won't happen until the summer. CL qualification is vital this year and I think we'll (just about) make it.

Injured :/ How long is this one going to be?

I wish I had your faith but considering how little money we have and will have, the players we need won't arrive in July.

I like Motta, but his erratic defending is amplified by the attacking nature of Krasic, Grygera is a gimp and Sorensen although promising isn't at first team Level. De Ceglie and Pepe is solid enough, Traore and Grosso are muck.

IMO
    GK- One of the best group of three keepers in Europe, if not the best.
    DC- With Barzagli, very good
    FB- Left side, one 'keeper', right side maybe sorensen and Motta
    CM- Very good indeed
    WG-Okay by virtue of Krasic
    ST- What strikers?

We've improved and regressed in equal measure. it would take another 50 odd million to turn that team into title contenders, and I'd expect no more than half that being available in July.

Injured :/ How long is this one going to be?
    Hopefully until June. I think it was just a knock though. He's even worse than Molinaro was.

I wish I had your faith but considering how little money we have and will have, the players we need won't arrive in July.

I like Motta, but his erratic defending is amplified by the attacking nature of Krasic, Grygera is a gimp and Sorensen although promising isn't at first team Level. De Ceglie and Pepe is solid enough, Traore and Grosso are muck.

IMO
    GK- One of the best group of three keepers in Europe, if not the best.
    DC- With Barzagli, very good
    FB- Left side, one 'keeper', right side maybe sorensen and Motta
    CM- Very good indeed
    WG-Okay by virtue of Krasic
    ST- What strikers?

We've improved and regressed in equal measure. it would take another 50 odd million to turn that team into title contenders, and I'd expect no more than half that being available in July.

CB - no major problems.

FB - De Ceglie and Sorensen are the only two I rate at all. There's no way Motta or Traore should be signed permanently. We need a RB in the summer because Freddy isn't ready to start every game. Grygera can be kept as back-up for both sides.

CM - Sign Aquilani permanently in the summer. I'd sell Sissoko if we could get someone in. Keep Giandonato.

Wingers - Krasic is a bit of a one trick pony. He needs to bring more into his game than relying on beating his man for pace every time. Again, Pepe needs to be signed permanently in the summer. Martinez isn't suited to playing as a winger in 4-4-2 and we paid too much for him.

ST - This is where we nee one big signing. I really don't know who that'll be.
    Sign Quagliarella in the summer (hopefully for a reduced fee due to the injury). Hopefully Amauri will GTFO and Il Capitano will renew his contract for at least one more year.

You have to remember that Sorensen, Motta, Aquilani, Rinaudo, Pepe, Traore and Quagliarella are on loan. This summer, we'll have to pay for any of those that we want to keep. I'd keep them all except Motta, Rinaudo and Traore. That'll take a fair chunk out of our budget. Hopefully there'll be enough left over for a 20 goal a season striker though.

We our starting XI to consist of Buffon,RB,De Ceglie,Bonucci,Chiellini,Aquilain,Melo,Pepe,Krasic,Quagliarella and Striker we'd struggle for the title and the 3rd CL place IMO. I think Martinezs fee was a joke too but he could be back up for the forwards, filling to plank south american role left my Amauris departure.

player sent off. Best player has a shocker and we still win 2-0, with our best player involved in both goals. That's the sign of champions!

SSN just said Man City have rejected an offer from Juventus for Micah Richards. Strange one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Cavani is playing some great stuff for Napoli at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

flahavaj wrote: »
    Cavani is playing some great stuff for Napoli at the moment.

The Lavezzi, Hamsik, Cavani combination is really quality. Napoli and Milan are dispelling the notion of Serie A being boring. The top 2 in the league and both based around great attacking players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

carlop wrote: »
    The Lavezzi, Hamsik, Cavani combination is really quality. Napoli and Milan are dispelling the notion of Serie A being boring. The top 2 in the league and both based around great attacking players.

Not to mention the Micolli, Pastore, Illicic front three at Palermo and Di Natale and Sanchez at Udinese. Serie A is the most exciting league in Europe this year...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fair play to Inter, some comeback after being 2-0 down. Pazzini with a brace on his debut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Fair play to Inter, some comeback after being 2-0 down. Pazzini with a brace on his debut.
    It was a very good game to watch, both teams always looked like scoring and there could have been quite a few more goals in the game. Inter got lucky, Julio Cesar made some good saves, and a very lucky one, and Palermo should have had a pen in the first half aswell.

Legrottaglie: "Tomorrow I will sign for Milan. Am I upset at how it ended with Juve? We’ll see. When I say goodbye to everyone at Juventus, I will say what I think."

Weird...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Legrottaglie: "Tomorrow I will sign for Milan. Am I upset at how it ended with Juve? We’ll see. When I say goodbye to everyone at Juventus, I will say what I think."

Weird...

another 34 yr old defender that milan don't need!!

Montolivo to Inter in the summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Montolivo to Inter in the summer?
    EDIT: Sorry, sleep deprived and read that completely wrong, thought you said Mourinho for some reason.

Don't want Montolivo, he is not good enough imo.

• Advertisement

Drenthe could be making a last minute loan move to Juventus.

Other rumours for tomorrow include Nagatomo and Matri.

Nagatomo right-back and Drenthe left-back would be an improvement (I know Drenthe isn't really a left-back but he'd be better than Grosso).

Legrottaglie -> A.C. Milan, free transfer.

I'd have paid to ship him out :pac:

In other news, Juventus lost again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Yup. Stuck a 20 on them at half time when they were 0-2. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Matri to Juve (loan and option to buy for €15m) and Nagatomo to Inter

Amauri has gone to parma :)

Amauri is gone!!!!! *dances with happiness*

Disappointed that Juve missed out on Nagatomo but hopefully Matri will get a goal or two (even one would be one more than Amauri would get).

• Advertisement

Legrottaglie -> A.C. Milan, free transfer.

I'd have paid to ship him out :pac:

Really? Ever since he came back from his loan at Siena I've thought he's been a good player. In 08-09 he was immense beside Chiellini, especially in the two wins over Real Madrid.

He's only joined for 6 months and only incase Nesta's injury is worse than feared.

Not bad to have with Yepes, Sokratis and Bonera as back up to Nesta and Thiago Silva.

Seaneh wrote: »
    He's only joined for 6 months and only incase Nesta's injury is worse than feared.

Not bad to have with Yepes, Sokratis and Bonera as back up to Nesta and Thiago Silva.

Also I suppose you have so many midfielders injured Silva will have to play there more often?

Also I suppose you have so many midfielders injured Silva will have to play there more often?

That too.
    Hopefully we get a few back in the next week or two. Pirlo is badly missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Santon to Cessena on loan. Bizarre move considering he was knocking on the door for a first team place.

• Advertisement

Really? Ever since he came back from his loan at Siena I've thought he's been a good player. In 08-09 he was immense beside Chiellini, especially in the two wins over Real Madrid.

I think his lack of pace and erratic form made him only slightly better than Grygera over the past 2 seasons and would have much preferred either the mercenary Cannavaro or Mellberg to stay over him.

He's an all right player, but a weak link if counted on for extended periods of time.

Cannavaro was absolutely horrendous last season.

Santon to Cessena on loan. Bizarre move considering he was knocking on the door for a first team place.

Inter got Nagatomo in exchange. Santon hasn't lived up to his early potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Amauri has gone to parma :)

But it's only on loan, and Juve are apparently paying his wages. He'll be back in June :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

But it's only on loan, and Juve are apparently paying his wages. He'll be back in June :(

Nobody forward him the address of the new stadium!

Just looking at that - the stadium apparently cost less than the combined total of Torres, Carroll and Bent.

Parma are paying two thirds of his wages. I doubt he'll ever play for Juve again.

Edgar Davids in Tuttosport today: "I'll always love this shirt. Everyone knows that I am a true Juventino."

Milan Vs Lazio on now.

MILAN: Abbiati; Oddo Bonera Yepes Antonini; Flamini Thiago Silva Emanuelson; Robinho; Pato Ibrahimovic.

LAZIO: Muslera; Lichsteiner Biava Dias Radu; Brocchi Ledesma Gonzales; Hernanes; Kozak Sculli

Finished 0-0 but in reality it was very one sided, Milan should have won easily, just couldn't get the ball in the net.

Bonera and Legro both went off injured?

Legro has a cut and they just took him off because it was easier. Don't know how bad Bonera's is.

We really don't need any more injuries though :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement