Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Gigi Delneri beginning to demonstrate his inability to manage a football team.

Juventus looking good after they went 2-0 down due to lackadaisical defending yet again, it really is Ferrara MK II

Fulltime 2-1 to Palermo, one has to think the hardcore fans will be going mental tomorrow. I would think a 6th place finnish is achievable with luck :p

On the plus side, Palermo,Napoli et al are improving and hence the league is improving slowly, hopefully Napoli or Palermo get into the champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Denied at least 1 clear penalty.

tnsc-1843208954.jpg
    tnsc-1843208954.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Juve losing again made me smile, takes some of the gloom away from Inter's league position.

Juve losing again made me smile, takes some of the gloom away from Inter's league position.

You lads would be crazy to get rid of leonardo in the summer, if rumours are to be believed.

That being said, the finanncial fair play and Non EU exclusions shouldn't serve ye well :pac:

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    You lads would be crazy to get rid of leonardo in the summer, if rumours are to be believed.

That being said, the finanncial fair play and Non EU exclusions shouldn't serve ye well :pac:

Agree about keeping Leonardo, the only person I would be happy to replace him with is Mou, but I think he'll stay at Real anyhow.

Most of our so called Non-EU players are citizens of EU countries. Don't know about our finances, different sources say we make profit others say loss.

Inter scrape a 3-0 win over Bari. Performance wasn't great, 3 goals flattered Inter but it was a much needed 3 points. Keeps some pressure on Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

The 2 late goals make it look better for Inter, would have been different had Chivu been sent off. Chivu should be banned for a good few games for that punch, it was an absolute disgrace.

dor83 wrote: »
    The 2 late goals make it look better for Inter, would have been different had Chivu been sent off. Chivu should be banned for a good few games for that punch, it was an absolute disgrace.

It was pure thuggery, even as an Inter supporter I want to see him get banned for it, no place for that in soccer.

• Advertisement

It was pure thuggery, even as an Inter supporter I want to see him get banned for it, no place for that in soccer.
    Yeah I know, as soon as I saw it I said he should get a ban, we can't really afford to have another defender missing at the moment but there is no defending what he did.

Speaking of dirty players, I loathe Motta, just putting that out there. I've always found that the Mou factor the 'siege mentality' that he uses to unify his players turns them into thugs for the duration of it, and truth be told I really detested almost the entire Inter roster under Mou more so than at any other time. Aside from Motta, I don't really mind the Inter players that much these days.

This gob****e on the other hand

morattiweb2.jpg

Moratti: "I have to admit that the Bovo incident did leave a big impression."

:eek: Did he just sort of almost admit that Juve should have had a penalty?

Finally a win for Juve. First goals for Toni and Matri too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Much needed win. Felipe Melo looks 4X the player he was last season. Sissoko for Krasic has to be some kind of joke sub - even if the Serb was knackered he's better than (Must give the ball away) Momo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Live now.

Genoa Vs. Milan

GENOA: Eduardo; Mesto Dainelli Kaladze Criscito; Konko Kucka Milanetto Rossi; Floro FLores Destro.

MILAN: Abbiati; Oddo Thiago Silva Yepes Bonera; Gattuso Van Bommel Flamini; Robinho; Ibrahimovic Pato

• Advertisement

So with Milan only getting a draw this afternoon Inter and Roma have a chance to close the gap a bit. Kick off at 7:45pm, Line-ups are:

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 15 Ranocchia, 2 Cordoba, 4 Zanetti; 15 Kharja, 8 Thiago Motta, 19 Cambiasso; 10 Sneijder; 7 Pazzini, 9 Eto'o
    Inter bench: 12 Castellazzi, 20 Obi, 22 Milito, 23 Materazzi, 27 Pandev, 29 Coutinho, 55 Nagatomo

Roma: 27 Julio Sergio; 77 Cassetti, 29 N Burdisso, 4 Juan, 17 Riise; 20 Perrotta, 16 De Rossi, 30 Simplicio, 94 Menez; 22 Borriello, 9 Vucinic
    Roma bench: 32 Doni, 3 Castellini, 11 Taddei, 15 Loria, 23 Greco, 33 Brighi, 87 Rosi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

What a goal from Sneijder :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Inter on the way back. 5 behind with a game in hand.

I have a feeling Milan are gonna bottle it. Hope they do tbh.

Edit 4-3 now!!! LOL @ me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

5-3. The goal glut spreads to Italy. Points should be safe for Inter now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Mad game, 5-3 now FT.

• Advertisement

Great game.

Taddei is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Unbelievable advert for Italian football.

Really looking forward to the Derby d'Italia next week.

Second best game of the year so far.

Milito out for a month with a thigh strain, he hasn't been great this season but he will be a big loss in the CL considering Pazzini is cup tied.

Juve's next signing, Lucas Piazon:

attachment.php?attachmentid=147658&d=1297478123

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Good performance from AC Milan so far against Parma. 2 nil up at half time through Seedorf and Cassano. Need a positive result going into game against Spurs in midweek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Heck of a game going on right now, Fiorentina just taken the lead over Palermo, 3-2. Disasterous own goal from Ljajic's cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

That's game at 4-2. Great run from Ljajic.

Palermo just hi the post there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Game over. Adem fúcking Ljajic :(

• Advertisement

How united let that boy go I will never know, absolute quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Big thumbs up for Napoli spanking Roma last night. Cavani with 20 in 25. There is no way he will be at the Stadio San Paulo next year but I am just enjoying it while it lasts:)

Derby d'Italia kicks off in about half an hour, line ups are:

Juventus: 1 Buffon; 43 Sorensen, 15 Barzagli, 19 Bonucci, 3 Chiellini; 27 Krasic, 4 Melo, 14 Aquilani, 8 Marchisio; 20 Toni 32 Matri
    Juventus bench: 30 Storari, 5 Sissoko, 9 Iaquinta, 10 Del Piero, 21 Grygera, 23 Pepe, 25 Martinez

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 2 Cordoba, 15 Ranocchia, 4 Zanetti; 15 Kharja, 8 Thiago Motta, 19 Cambiasso; 10 Sneijder; 7 Pazzini, 9 Eto'o.
    Inter bench: 12 Castellazzi, 20 Obi, 23 Materazzi, 27 Pandev, 29 Coutinho, 55 Nagatomo, 57 Natalino

Should be a good game, with Inters defence the way it is at the moment the only option is to go and attack them and hopefully Juve will do the same because they need to win to have a realistic chance of getting a CL place. I was hoping Nagatomo would start today, what was the point in bringing him in if he is not going to play? and I prefer Zanetti in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Etoo is getting loads of monkey chants at him :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Anyone got a decent stream for Juve Inter?

EDIT: it's on betfair

Half time and it's 1-0 to Juve with Matri scoring, the defending was awful and Cesar could have done a lot better. Inters passing has been very bad and haven't looked like scoring at all, I would have Coutinho on for Kharja at half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Juve were very lucky in the last 5 minutes! Eto'o misses an open goal form 3 yards, then a few minutes later misses the ball completely!

Never thought I'd say this...

Thank you Juve <3.

Inter are 8 behind with a game in hand, which is against Fiorentina who are starting to finally play a bit of balla nd pull away from the bottom of the table, so won't be an easy game.

This bodes well for Milan.

Napoli are still a massive threat though!

Great win for Juve. A real battling performance, they just wanted it more than Inter did. Chiellini man of the match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Crossbar was MOM for me :D

That was an extraordinary miss by Eto'o but Matri and Chiellini both missed chances for Juve.

I hope Matri's alright after playing the last 20 minutes with an injury.

Juve 3 points off the Champions League places, dare to dream?;)

Next 5 games: Lecce,Bologna,Milan,Cesena,Brescia - 12 points would be an expected return IMO.

Beating Napoli,Roma and Lazio is an imperative as well of course. If that means handing Milan the title on the last day by beating Napoli, then so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Seaneh wrote: »

Napoli are still a massive threat though!

Yesterday was huge, those big away games are the kind of match that Napoli recently just don't win, to go to Roma and win, and do so deservedly, is a big step. The priority has to be a CL place and anything else would be a bonus, but I can still dream.

I hope the UEFA cup doesn't derail them too much. They've struggled at times when having to play twice in a week and Villareal is as tough as it gets (in a footballing sense, in a travel sense it's perfect). Either way it's going to be an exciting few months.

carlop wrote: »
    Yesterday was huge, those big away games are the kind of match that Napoli recently just don't win, to go to Roma and win, and do so deservedly, is a big step. The priority has to be a CL place and anything else would be a bonus, but I can still dream.

I hope the UEFA cup doesn't derail them too much. They've struggled at times when having to play twice in a week and Villareal is as tough as it gets (in a footballing sense, in a travel sense it's perfect). Either way it's going to be an exciting few months.

We're still taking Hamsik :p

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    We're still taking Hamsik :p

Don't see that happening to be honest...

• Advertisement

We as in Juventus? No way.

I don't see him going to any Italian clubs.

If and when he leaves Napoli it will be for Barca, Real, Man Utd, Man City or Chelsea.

Apparently :p doesn't mean what I thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

carlop wrote: »

It is strange because deep down everybody here knows that to expend your energy on what is essentially a tin cup at the expense of the first genuine shot at lo scudetto in 20 odd years is a bit silly. But because the matches have been so feckin thrilling the heart keeps ruling the head!!! Whatever happens this season in all competitions, le tridente have been a joy to watch. At the very least I firmly believe Champions League football is coming to Naples next year:)

Fiorentina v Inter kicks off in about 15mins, Line ups are:

Fiorentina: 84 Boruc; 15 Comotto, 5 Gamberini, 31 Camporese, 23 Pasqual; 18 Montolivo, 4 Donadel, 85 Behrami; 7 Santana, 11 Gilardino, 10 Mutu.
    Fiorentina bench: 89 Neto, 9 Babacar, 14 Natali, 21 D'Agostino, 22 Ljajic, 29 De Silvestri, 32 Marchionni

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 15 Ranocchia, 2 Cordoba, 55 Nagatomo; 4 Zanetti, 19 Cambiasso, 5 Stankovic; 10 Sneijder; 7 Pazzini, 9 Eto'o
    Inter bench: 12 Castellazzi, 14 Kharja, 17 Mariga, 23 Materazzi, 20 Obi, 27 Pandev, 29 Coutinho

Inter need to win to keep up the title challenge after the loss at the weekend but Fiorentina will be well up for it after their win over Palermo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement