Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Does Materazzi ever get a look in these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Renn wrote: »
    Does Materazzi ever get a look in these days?

He has played a bit lately but that is mainly because of the injuries and suspensions in defence, he can still do a job when needs be but wouldn't be playing if Lucio and Samuel were fit,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Inter v Cagliari kicks off in a few mins, line ups are:

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 15 Ranocchia, 2 Cordoba, 55 Nagatomo; 4 Zanetti, 8 Thiago Motta; 27 Pandev, 14 Kharja, 9 Eto'o; 7 Pazzini
    Inter bench: 12 Castellazzi, 5 Stankovic, 17 Mariga, 19 Cambiasso, 20 Obi, 23 Materazzi, 29 Coutinho

Cagliari: 1 Agazzi; 14 Pisano, 13 Astori, 21 Canini, 31 Agostini; 8 Biondini, 5 Conti, 10 Lazzari; 7 Cossu; 18 Nenè, 9 Acquafresca
    Cagliari bench: 25 Pelizzoli, 3 Ariaudo, 4 Nainggolan, 20 Laner, 23 Missiroli, 24 Perico, 30 Ragatzu

Bologna won 1-0 against Palermo earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Lecce-Juventus on ESPN atm, Lecce leading 1-0 through Mesbah, Buffon sent off for handling outside the box, Lecce dominating, using long ball to make the Juve defence look like an amateur side...

The fun continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

2-0 Lecce. Game over tbh.

Lecce 2-0 up, Bertolacci

The game is as good as over, Juventus are awful today, as bad as they were under Ferrara. It'll take a miracle...

Lecce almost 3-0 up, shambles.

Jesus, how many chances do Lecce need to put it to bed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Chievo equalise vs Milan, 1-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

goooooaaaaalllllllaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzoooooooooo:p

Roma are fúcking shocking.

Just leave Ranieri ffs!

3-0 up after 50 minutes, now 3-3.

• Advertisement

ha Ranieri! pato 1-2 Milan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

BERBA wrote: »
    goooooaaaaalllllllaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzoooooooooo:p

Well, that didn't last long.

4-3 Genoa!!!

Great goal Pato.

Roma have thrown away a three goal lead.:pac:

Boateng has looked like exactly what we've needed for the last few weeks since he's come on.
    Very direct and strong on the ball and a few nice touches.
    Will be a great addition when he has a bit of match fitness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Great goal from Pato. Ranieri and Delneri could be looking for new jobs by the end of the week

Bye bye Ranieri. That's just pathetic.

I'd be stunned if either of those two Clowns was in place at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Delneri is going no where. The whole set up at Juve was changed at the start of this season. Delneri, Marotta (director of football) and Fabio Paratici (head scout), as well Delneri's assistants and the fitness/medical staff were all brought in in one go. They're not going sack any of them so soon.

• Advertisement

If he finishes as bad as we did last year he's out the door. I doubt Andrea Agnelli would tolerate a 6th or 7th place finish. Of course there are other factors, principally money. Juve don't have any and the new stadium will at best offset the money lost in the TV rights switch over. Essentially it'll come down to a CBA for the club hierarchy of the Delneri/Marotta regime. What do Exxor want Juventus to be, merely financially sustainable? if so, keeping Delneri is a smart choice because he obviously has a penchant for average players.

The problem with spudhead Delneri is that he can't put his management concepts into practice. Today he was 'furious' at the lack of concentration and effort by the team, the same problem since the start of the season. It's his job to fix that, which I believe he can, given 5 years, by which time we can be fighting for fourth/fifth spot and not challenging for any trophies. 4-4-2 is the default setting of most footballers, how it can take this long for the team to adapt is beyond me.

Another project, another failure, hopefully he can redeem himself :o

I think sacking him would be a big mistake. Juve can't keep sacking manager after manager without giving any of them more than a season.

Delneri won the tactical battle against Inter twice this season. The players he played today should definitely have been able to beat Lecce. Most of the blame for today has to go to them, not the manager.

I think sacking him would be a big mistake. Juve can't keep sacking manager after manager without giving any of them more than a season.

Delneri won the tactical battle against Inter twice this season. The players he played today should definitely have been able to beat Lecce. Most of the blame for today has to go to them, not the manager.

While I agree in general with the pointlessness of sacking managers, we have had almost 4 years in which the team has stagnated. We've spent a lot of money on players and have little to show for it. I'll sound like a broken record but we should never have 'constructively dismissed' Deschamps. The thing is that the players are getting inconsistent and sloppy, which is their own fault, but Delneri has failed to combat this. At the start of 2011 it happened, then we got a couple of good results then we lose again. He needs to manage the players better, make them more disciplined. Our squad should be able to managed at least 4th in the league, them not fulfilling their potential is as much Delneri's fault as it is the players. We've had a few injuries etc. but the team should be doing much better.

It's pointless giving a manager time if he achieves the same as the last one, we may as well have kept Ferrara.

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    While I agree in general with the pointlessness of sacking managers, we have had almost 4 years in which the team has stagnated. We've spent a lot of money on players and have little to show for it. I'll sound like a broken record but we should never have 'constructively dismissed' Deschamps. The thing is that the players are getting inconsistent and sloppy, which is their own fault, but Delneri has failed to combat this. At the start of 2011 it happened, then we got a couple of good results then we lose again. He needs to manage the players better, make them more disciplined. Our squad should be able to managed at least 4th in the league, them not fulfilling their potential is as much Delneri's fault as it is the players. We've had a few injuries etc. but the team should be doing much better.

It's pointless giving a manager time if he achieves the same as the last one, we may as well have kept Ferrara.

Deschamps didn't want to stay.

I agree that we can be too inconsistent. Losing to Lecce a week after beating Inter is a perfect example of that. Delneri has to take some of the blame for that of course.

We may have roughly the same amount of points but I think we're better than we were last season. Milan, Palermo, Napoli, Lazio are better than they were last season too. IMO, Delneri is clearly a much better manager than Ciro.

According to the media, Ranieri has offered his resignation

From here.
    It is reported Claudio Ranieri tended his resignation, but Roma director Gian Paolo Montali insisted: “We’ll make a decision tonight or tomorrow.”
    This week Ranieri said he would not “abandon the ship,” but the situation deteriorated after today’s 4-3 defeat to Genoa.

According to reports emerging from the Giallorossi camp, Ranieri has tended his resignation, but the club is taking its time.

The comments from director Montali – the only man allowed to break the media silence – would support this theory.

“It is a difficult time, we will take time to consider things,” said Montali on Sky Sport Italia.

“It’s not good to make gut decisions in the heat of the moment. We have to intervene, surgically and accurately.

“We will make a decision by tonight or tomorrow. There is no more time to improve the situation.”

There are financial considerations too, as Roma are still paying Luciano Spalletti’s former assistant manager Aurelio Andreazzoli, whose contract has not yet expired.

Another option is former player Vincenzo Montella or current director Bruno Conti.

Poor Claudio. He seems like such a nice guy.

• Advertisement

He has resigned.

Vincenzo Montella could come in as caretaker.

Carlo Ancelotti??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Lavezzi-less Napoli with a 1-0 home win against Catania. Solid stuff

Deschamps didn't want to stay.

I agree that we can be too inconsistent. Losing to Lecce a week after beating Inter is a perfect example of that. Delneri has to take some of the blame for that of course.

We may have roughly the same amount of points but I think we're better than we were last season. Milan, Palermo, Napoli, Lazio are better than they were last season too. IMO, Delneri is clearly a much better manager than Ciro.

I was under the impression that Deschamps was constructively dismissed i.e. the club didn't agree with his vision for the club and refused to follow his strategy for Juve back in serie A, hence he resigned.

Overall we spent about 20M net this season which when you factor in overspending on Martinez isn't that bad for a team that on its good days looks better than Juve last year, but on the bad days, looks worse.

Rumors around Spalleti intensifying, probably BS.

Napoli looking great this season, entertaining too.

Vincenzo Montella could come in as caretaker.

Press conference to announce this tomorrow it seems.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

L'Aeroplanino is back I see, great stuff albeit a bit of a shock to say the least :)

• Advertisement

L'Aeroplanino is back I see, great stuff albeit a bit of a shock to say the least :)

There was a series of FM games back 5/6 years ago where Montella was the single best bargain buy you could make. Absolute goal machine, another case of me having a soft spot for a player simply because of FM :D

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    I was under the impression that Deschamps was constructively dismissed i.e. the club didn't agree with his vision for the club and refused to follow his strategy for Juve back in serie A, hence he resigned.

Yeah, the club disagreed with him on transfers and he quit. If he'd really wanted to stay he could've gotten on with it imo. It's not like his targets were amazing. The one player the club signed at his request while he was there was Boumsong. The players he wanted to bring in at the end of the season included Rio Mavuba and others that I can't remember.

Yeah, the club disagreed with him on transfers and he quit. If he'd really wanted to stay he could've gotten on with it imo. It's not like his targets were amazing. The one player the club signed at his request while he was there was Boumsong. The players he wanted to bring in at the end of the season included Rio Mavuba and others that I can't remember.

Mavuba-Sissoko, I'd rather take the former but I know where you're coming from. I wonder how many Andrades,Almirons and Tiagos would have been signed though.

So many wasted € :rolleyes:

Alessio Secco's reign of terror was a complete disaster.

Even more pressure on Del Neri now. Losing 2-0 at home to Bologna with 10 minutes left. Miracle comeback needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Great 2-0 win for Bologna. 6 years of pain are avenged in one night. Surprised the ref did'nt step in and award a couple of penalties.

Surprised the ref did'nt step in and award a couple of penalties.

You're deluded if you think Juve get any help from referees.

As for Delneri, the players just aren't good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Juve get nothing from refs, except the fact that Pepe should have had a red last night......

Udinese 5-0 at half time away to Palermo! Sanchez (<3) hat trick.

L'Aeroplanino's Roma, 2-0 also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

L'Aeroplanino's Roma, 2-0 also.

Udinese now winning 7 nil after 60 mins :eek: Sanchez with 4 and hat rick for Di Natele

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

7-0 now, Palermo down to 9, still half an hour to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Roma v Parma is now 2 all. Another lead being thrown away by Roma.

I just woke up. WTF happened in Palermo?! :eek: Did anyone watch it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

You're deluded if you think Juve get any help from referees.

05/06 Bologna v Juve - Zalayeta given a goal despite the ball not crossing the line by a foot.

09/10 Bologna v Juve - Del Piero handles ball in build up to goal, ref turns a blind eye.

10/11 Bologna v Juve - Krasic takes a swan dive in the area without being touched, and gets a penalty.

But yes, despite these incidents and the infamous 04/05 Bol v Juve match in Calciopoli, I am deluded :-)

31 years was worth the wait.

Roma :facepalm:

Love watching Udinese. They have to be one of the top exponents of the 4-3-3 system, Di Natale and Sanchez are absolutely superb throughout.

05/06 Bologna v Juve - Zalayeta given a goal despite the ball not crossing the line by a foot.

09/10 Bologna v Juve - Del Piero handles ball in build up to goal, ref turns a blind eye.

10/11 Bologna v Juve - Krasic takes a swan dive in the area without being touched, and gets a penalty.

But yes, despite these incidents and the infamous 04/05 Bol v Juve match in Calciopoli, I am deluded :-)

31 years was worth the wait.

It hit the line and when it bounced up it looks like it went backwards (i.e . over the line). Even if it was the wrong decision, it was incredibly hard to tell if it was over the line or not. There was definitely nothing like a foot in it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sc7GFtcLP8

I don't remember the Del Piero incident tbh and I can't find a video of it.

And yes, the authorities obviously let Krasic away with diving. That must be why he has been banned for it.
    The individual decision in the Bologna match was clearly wrong but find me a league where a ref hasn't been fooled by a dive.

Roma :facepalm:

Love watching Udinese. They have to be one of the top exponents of the 4-3-3 system, Di Natale and Sanchez are absolutely superb throughout.

What would you describe as Sanchez' main starting position in the 4-3-3?

flahavaj wrote: »
    What would you describe as Sanchez' main starting position in the 4-3-3?

Right wing.

Starts on the right for the most part but he drifts wide left a lot during matches these days, including for Chile as shown at the WC last summer. A couple of his goals today came from cutting in off the left and an assist too. I reckon he can play as a number 10 if needed, more than capable for that role but playing as a winger is his best position to utilise his pace, trickery and crossing ability

Oh, and hopefully he isn't United bound in the summer :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Don't worry lads he is going to Chelsea. ;)

• Advertisement

Right wing.

Starts on the right for the most part but he drifts wide left a lot during matches these days. A couple of his goals today came from cutting in off the left. I reckon he can play as a number 10 too, more than capable for that role but playing as a winger is his best position to utilise his pace, trickery and crossing ability

Oh, and hopefully he isn't United bound in the summer :pac:

Would like very much but highly unlikely.

Advertisement