Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭finnezzia

Still a tricky run of games for Roma (Fiorentina (a), Juve (h), Udinese (a)) but saving the season is a real possibility now. I'd lost hope tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

The way things are going Roma are guaranteed 3 points against Juve.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭finnezzia

As a Roma fan I've learned to spurn the word 'guaranteed' like a rabid dog, I'd still class it as a tricky game, though one that in theory should be a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Depends on whether Buffon wants to get sent off or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    That has to be the strangest thing I have ever seen on a football pitch, what the hell was it all about? The only thing I can think of would be it had something to do with Berlusconi's anniversary or the 150 years celebration, anyone know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

what is this, I don't even...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

WTF? Are they they actual players? It looked like Gatusso anyway.....:confused:

Criticized what the **** to do ... but why do not you inform yourself before you spit sentences?! It 's an initiative of the Gazzetta dello Sport that are actors! One can clearly see! I do not understand all these negative comments ... it was fun!

(translated from youtube comments)

Guess it was an ad or something for Gazzetta dello Sport they were actors it seems...

• Advertisement

Ahh, it was the Gattuso that had me fooled!

those were the players!
    probably said they were acting. Google translate isn't all that great tbh.

Nah, actors. The crowd seemed fooled at first when "Gattuso" ran on.

They really went to serious effort! The Milan goalie is clearly an actor when you see him up close though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Gazetta must be making an ad out of it. I thought it was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Haha, that was great!

They're definitely not the real players. You can see that from the close ups on Almiron and Gattuso.

yeah seedorf looks like momo sissoko too now that I watch it again.

Seaneh wrote: »
    yeah seedorf looks like momo sissoko too now that I watch it again.

The Bromance you have with milan players I thought you'd recognise it right away. :)

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    The Bromance you have with milan players I thought you'd recognise it right away. :)

On my phone. Laptop is dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Does anyone remember sky italias HD add at the start of the season with all the players done up as obese and spotty and stuff highlighting the difference HD makes that was brilliant !!!!!

• Advertisement

Yep

151699.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Does anyone remember sky italias HD add at the start of the season with all the players done up as obese and spotty and stuff highlighting the difference HD makes that was brilliant !!!!!

God those posters were everywhere here!!! I giggled once and quickly got sick of seeing them. Must admit though I thought the Cassano one was the best:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Got a link for the Cassano one?

Found it, nvm!

Renn wrote: »
    Found it, nvm!
    Fecking link it so...

Nah, no one asked for it :/

Renn wrote: »
    Nah, no one asked for it :/
    Puhleeeeeeze?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

The Pato one is hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Check out the reactions to the Inter goals.
    About 4:10 for the 3rd goal:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

They're all here. I love the Gillett one.

This weekends fixtures.
    SATURDAY, MARCH 19, 2011
    Lazio 1-0 Cesena
    Palermo v AC Milan (live on ESPN)
    SUNDAY, MARCH 20, 2011
    Fiorentina v AS Roma (live on ESPN and Setanta)
    Bari v Chievo Verona
    Bologna v Genoa
    Inter v Lecce (live on ESPN)
    Juventus v Brescia
    Sampdoria v Parma
    Udinese v Catania
    Napoli v Cagliari(live on ESPN and Setanta)
    Lazio having already played Cesena with Zarate scoring the only goal of the game.

Palermo v AC Milan kicks off in about 15 mins, line ups are:
    Palermo: Sirigu; Munoz, Goian, Migliaccio; Darmian, Bacinovic, Nocerino, Balzaretti; Pastore; Pinilla, Ilicic.

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Van Bommel, Flamini; Seedorf; Pato, Cassano.

Palermo have lost their last 5 but I have a feeling they'll get a result tonight, but my predictions have all been long lately though, so Milan will probably win easily.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Palermo 1-0 up at half time. Started really positively but since they scored they have sat back. Hope they try and play a bit more positively in the 2nd half. I think if they sit back for the entire half Milan will get a goal or two. Be a great result for us Interisti if Palermo can hold on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Robinho is such a useless player

Great result for Palermo and for Inter, if you had told me at Christmas that we would be in a position to win the Scudetto by winning our own games I would have laughed at you, but now if we win all our games we win the Scudetto.

• Advertisement

Great result for Palermo and Inter. The title is back in our own hands now.

Milan were shocking tonight, so lethargic and bereft of any creativity without Ibra. Pato off injured too, momentum is shifting towards Inter, have to get it done against Lecce tomorrow.

Great result for Palermo and Inter. The title is back in our own hands now.

Milan were shocking tonight, so lethargic and bereft of any creativity without Ibra. Pato off injured too, momentum is shifting towards Inter, have to get it done against Lecce tomorrow.
    I was surprised with how bad they were tonight, I don't think it was all down to missing Ibra either. Why didn't Boateng start?

Yeah, a win tomorrow is a must and the the derby is huge, Napoli could creep back into the title race too.

dor83 wrote: »
    I was surprised with how bad they were tonight, I don't think it was all down to missing Ibra either. Why didn't Boateng start?

Yeah, a win tomorrow is a must and the the derby is huge, Napoli could creep back into the title race too.

It wasn't all down to Ibra but they really missed him. Pato is hopeless, had so much potential 2/3 years but is regressing IMO. Really missed Ibra for set piceces, very small team without him.

Yeah leaving out Boateng was very strange. Gattuso, Seedorf and Van Bommel are all too slow and cumbersome. Boateng injects a bit of pace into midfield. Having two sitting midfield players was overkill considering they were chasing the game early on.

Win tomorrow and we can even afford to draw the derby and still be within a couple of points.

Round off a great week for us if we win tomorrow.

Fiorentina v Roma is the early game today, line ups are:

Fiorentina: 84 Boruc; 15 Comotto, 5 Gamberini, 14 Natali, 23 Pasqual; 85 Behrami, 18 Montolivo, 6 Vargas; 7 Santana, 10 Mutu; 11 Gilardino
    Fiorentina bench: 89 Neto, 29 De Silvestri, 31 Camporese, 4 Donadel, 21 D’Agostino, 22 Ljajic, 9 Babacar

Roma: 32 Doni; 29 N. Burdisso, 5 Mexes, 4 Juan 17 Riise; 7 Pizarro, 16 De Rossi; 11 Taddei, 20 Perrotta, 94 Menez; 10 Totti
    Roma bench: 1 Lobont, 3 Castellini, 87 Rosi, 23 Greco, 30 Simplicio, 33 Brighi, 22 Borriello

Fiorentina v Roma finished 2-2.

Line ups for Inter v Lecce are:

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 26 Chivu, 4 Zanetti; 19 Cambiasso, 8 Thiago Motta; 10 Sneijder; 27 Pandev, 7 Pazzini, 9 Eto'o.

Lecce: 22 Rosati; 40 Tomovic, 13 Ferrario, 14 Fabiano, 28 Brivio; 10 Olivera, 20 Vives, 18 Giacomazzi 91 Bertolacci, 11 Mesbah; 9 Corvia.

A win for Inter would mean the gap to Milan goes down to only 2 points with he derby next in a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

Gowan the Inter. How can Milan be throwing this away?:eek:

Get in, 1-0 Pazzini . Also Lucio got a yellow and will now be banned for the derby.

Did you see that throw by the keeper :D

Headshot wrote: »
    Did you see that throw by the keeper :D
    He was lucky, could have ended up conceding a goal because of it. Glad Coutinho is coming on, Pandev has been poor today imo.

Zanetti is still such a class act

Headshot wrote: »
    Zanetti is still such a class act
    A true legend of the game imo, hard to believe he'll be 38 this year, puts some 28year olds to shame.

Chivu lucky there, could have been sent off for that.

Good win for Inter, it might not have been a good performance but wins like today are very important. The derby in 2 weeks will be huge and then only 7 games left, the end of the season should be very exciting.

Juve actually won. :eek:

Juve actually won. :eek:
    Yeah, a rarity these days, Del Piero got the winner.

Juve need to bring in a few players in the summer, a top quality striker to partner Quagliarella(and sign him permanently), could do with a couple of defenders and could probably do with a midfielder too. Do they have the money though? They have a lot of players on loan at the moment and will have to buy a couple of them and replace the ones they don't buy.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Delps with a lovely goal for the winner..

• Advertisement
Advertisement