Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Only Van Gaal is proven at the toppest of top levels, Villas Boas and Conte aren't.

That being said, Conte is more experienced than Ferrara was but for Christs sake crawl back to Deschamps on our knees begging him to come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    Only Van Gaal is proven at the top level, Villas Boas and Conte aren't.

Yup Van Gaal would be decent. No sign of Hiddink?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

but for Christs sake crawl back to Deschamps on our knees begging him to come back.

This.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

These pictures were taken today.

17maggio01.jpg

17maggio02.jpg

17maggio03.jpg

17maggio04.jpg

17maggio05.jpg

Erection inducing.

Pirlo: 'Goodbye, Milan'

Andrea Pirlo has put an end to his time with Milan. “I am here to say goodbye. These were 10 unforgettable years and it’s a consensual separation.”

The midfielder is one of several players out of contract on June 30, but while Alessandro Nesta, Mark Van Bommel, Flavio Roma and Thiago Silva all signed extensions this week, it looks as if Pirlo’s time is up.

“I am here to say goodbye,” he told Sky Sport Italia outside the Milan headquarters in Via Turati this afternoon.

“These were 10 unforgettable years and it’s a consensual separation. Do I hope Milan will regret losing me? Yes.”

It is widely believed Pirlo will sign for Juventus on a free transfer over the summer.

http://www.football-italia.net/may18t.html

Joy of Joys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Love Juve's new ground. I like the little design with footballer. They will need something to brighten up the place when the stadiums empty for matches :D

Also shocked by Pirlo. The Milan lab must of found something array.

Pauleta wrote: »
    Love Juve's new ground. I like the little design with footballer. They will need something to brighten up the place when the stadiums empty for matches :D

The one you can see is the bottom half of Platini, I think. Gaetano Scirea will be on it too.

• Advertisement

Anybody know when the fixture lists come out, my bro is thinking of going to see a match or two if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Anybody know when the fixture lists come out, my bro is thinking of going to see a match or two if possible.

July/August I think.

Jahsus that doesn't give much time to book cheapo flights etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Inzaghi also signs one year extention.
    Waiting on decision on Seedorf and Ambrosini. IMO they should keep the pair.

Inzaghi also signs one year extention.
    Waiting on decision on Seedorf and Ambrosini. IMO they should keep the pair.

I'd be really shocked if Ambrosini wasn't kept.

Oops...

kuntdownlulz.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ambro will sign, just how long and for how much, I'd imagine he'll get the same deal Oddo and Zambrotta got earlier in the season, what he would have got for a year over a two year contract, so basically half his wages Now, fair deal at his age!

I actually hope Seedorf is let leave, great servant but so inconsistent and on massive wages, time to let him move on.

Sad to see Prilo go but right for him and the club.

Delneri admits he is being replaced.

THANK CHRIST

Delneri admits he is being replaced.

THANK CHRIST

You won't be saying that after a few months of Conte's reign.

• Advertisement

You won't be saying that after a few months of Conte's reign.

I doubt that, I hardly pined for Ferrara during this season. Although I think Conte is a forgone conclusion I'm still hoping that either A) it doesn't happen or B) there's so much money invested in the squad that it won't matter too much.

Dare to dream.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Mazzari has been sacked by Napoli! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Mazzari has been sacked by Napoli! :confused:
    He's refusing to commit to the club from what I've read and De Laurentiis isn't happy with that, Mazzari seems to be waiting to see if a bigger club offers him a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Napoli coach sacked There will be a few sacking today across the leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

This could cost Napoli dearly.

dor83 wrote: »
    He's refusing to commit to the club from what I've read and De Laurentiis isn't happy with that, Mazzari seems to be waiting to see if a bigger club offers him a job.

Hmm didn't know about that. Must be disappointing for the Napilo hierarchy and players if their coach isn't commiting and I guess they can't take a chance that he'll suddenly up and leave just before the new season kicks off again. I know Mazzarri isn't one for sticking at clubs long but even still after the season Napoli just had..

• Advertisement

This is what I actually came in here to post originally before hearing the news of Mazzari -

Not sure where to start, too many spectacular goals to single out :)

That's bizarre about Mazzarri. Napoli will suffer next season because of it.

It's a pity Juve will still appoint Conte.

If Conte is another Ferarra then Mazzari is another Delneri.

Time will tell.

Mazzarri sacked and re-instated in the same day :pac:

If Conte is another Ferarra then Mazzari is another Delneri.

Time will tell.

Conte does have one advantage over Ferrara. He has actually managed a football team before!

• Advertisement

Also get your cash on Lazio going down this year :(

Despite the poor ending i will take 5th place from my start of season prediction :D

Despite the poor ending i will take 5th place from my start of season prediction :D

Why were you so pessimistic at the start of the season?

Why were you so pessimistic at the start of the season?

They were just so mediocre the season before. The club looked a very unhappy place to be at. Kolarov had just left and it looked like Zarate was going to leave as well. Hernanes was a unknown quantity and the supporters would of jumped on the owner, players and managers back if the season started badly. They were showing all the symptoms of a big club in a relegation season. It looked very bleak but the manager has done a great job and Hernanes was a great success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Pirlo signs a 3 year deal with Juventus.

Tom_Brady wrote: »

One for the future :pac:

Tom_Brady wrote: »

He looks delighted about it. :p

TplRo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Looks like they dragged him out of bed for the medical. He'd better be more awake on the pitch.

Ziegler undergoing medical at Juventus apparently.

Not a very good signing BUT an acceptable squad player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I think he's a good signing, he's better than what you have at the moment and is free. I would have been happy enough if Inter had signed him, he's better than Chivu imo and younger too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Milan keeping Van Bommel and letting go of Pirlo is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Milan keeping Van Bommel and letting go of Pirlo is ridiculous.

i dont know, i think they had to start clearing out the old guard and although Pirlo is the only one, its a start. I have been pretty happy with van bommel the last 5 months, i think he is worth keeping for another year

Replacing pirlo will be nigh on impossible

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Replacing pirlo will be nigh on impossible

In fairness, he has only been a bit part player this season with injuries etc. Reckon we'll be seeing a different sort of Milan the next few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Pretty sure Allegri is not aiming to replace Pirlo like for like, i.e. another regista to direct play. He's happy playing a traditional DM like Van Bommel in front of the defence.

Rather, he'll get in some up and coming AMC / fantista to sit behind the front two. Pastore or Ganso maybe? Or perhaps get Kaka back? Not sure who else could fit that criteria?

If De Ceglie gets back to the form he was on before his injury, he could easily still be first choice ahead of Ziegler.

If De Ceglie gets back to the form he was on before his injury, he could easily still be first choice ahead of Ziegler.

De Ceglie only showed glimmers of quality after a few seasons or pure muck before his injury, it's a bit of an ask

I'm not saying De Ceglie is great, but neither is Ziegler.

its 2008,2009 and 2010 all over again.

Ziegler to Juve is official now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

According to Corriere dello Sport Luis Enrique is on the verge of being appointed new Roma manager. I'd take it with a slight pinch of salt given how many other names have been heavily linked with the position, but if it's true it's quite surprising and could turn out to be a very good idea down the line.

Advertisement