Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

According to Studio Sport Tonight (Italian tv show) Gökhan Inler has agreed a four year deal with Juventus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Yeah, a lot of people saying it's a done deal. He would be a great signing, but I think it would mean Felipe Melo is on the way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

He looks delighted about it. :p

TplRo.jpg

He looks like he has spent all his money, developed a drink problem and has dawned a string vest :D

In fairness, he usually looks like he has been drinking all night and hasn't slept, but he has spectacular hair. :pac:

lNFdg.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Conte does have one advantage over Ferrara. He has actually managed a football team before!

In 12 months' time after another brutal year Corriere Dello Sport will be using the headline: Conte: 'Partirò'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Inler,Marchisio,Aquilani,Pirlo,Melo,Sissoko :confused:

So one or more of Melo,Sissoko and Aquilani is on the way out.

I dont want Melo to go :mad:

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    Inler,Marchisio,Aquilani,Pirlo,Melo,Sissoko :confused:

So one or more of Melo,Sissoko and Aquilani is on the way out.

I dont want Melo to go :mad:

Don't forget Pazienza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Aquilani has 'apparently' been told that Conte doesn't want him...read on Twitter so take it with a fair pinch of salt. A Pirlo sized hole in Milan's midfield might beckon for him as I can't really see him going back to Liverpool.

What's the deal with Sanchez and Inter? Seen a few reports of meetings between either Sanchez's people and Inter and Udinese's people and Inter and so on... would be a great signing for Inter or anyone tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

anyone else spot cesc sitting beside galliani tonight?

Trippie wrote: »
    anyone else spot cesc sitting beside galliani tonight?

Not Happening.
    Don't forget Pazienza.

I was assuming that the deal wouldn't go ahead if Juve signed Inler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Coppa Italia final kicks off in 20 mins, line-ups are:

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar, 55 Nagatomo, 6 Lucio, 15 Ranocchia, 26 Chivu; 4 Zanetti, 8 Thiago Motta, 5 Stankovic; 10 Sneijder, 7 Pazzini, 9 Eto'o
    Bench: 12 Castellazzi, 23 Materazzi, 25 Samuel, 17 Mariga, 14 Kharja, 27 Pandev, 22 Milito

Palermo: 46 Sirigu; 16 Cassani, 6 Munoz, 3 Goian, 42 Balzaretti; 8 Migliaccio, 94 Acquah, 23 Nocerino; 27 Pastore, 72 Ilicic; 9 Hernandez
    Bench: 99 Benussi, 80 Carrozzieri, 36 Darmian, 11 Liverani, 4 Kasami, 51 Pinilla, 10 Miccoli

I was assuming that the deal wouldn't go ahead if Juve signed Inler

I doubt he was an alternative to Inler. I think Pazienza will replace Sissoko if Momo is sold.

I doubt he was an alternative to Inler. I think Pazienza will replace Sissoko if Momo is sold.

So Juve would be overloading the midfield with little flair while overloading the defence with little flair and probably overloading the attack with little flair...

Ugh.

Conte signed today to coach Juventus.

248732_225997054094198_171522852874952_967048_6676092_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/calcio/2011/06/01-175866/Bufera+scommesse+live%3A+ecco+le+gare+sotto+inchiesta

Big match-fixing scandal has apparently been broken up. A number of games in Serie B and below were under investigation. Former Lazio legend Beppe Signori has been arrested and Cristiano Doni is under investigation along with a number of other former players.

When can we finally get rid of this cancer in the Italian game? According to the article Atalanta and Siena are at the centre of it, given that they are two of the teams who got promoted this season it doesn't look good.

Just reading Gazzetta's article, apparently Inter - Lecce on the 20th March 2011 is also being looked at.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/01-06-2011/tutti-incontri-sotto-inchiesta-801435841544.shtml

If Inter actual did get done for match fixing I would probably laugh for the next month straight.

Of course the issue along with corruption is the convenient draws that are not in fact fixed but part of the football culture in Italy.

Also Italy is rife with corruption from Bunga Bunga Berlusconi to the man on the street. We may as well try to stop Jamie Redknapp being a thick, there's the same probability of success

It's interesting how this investigation started.
    After the game Cremonese-Paganese, many players felt sick and one got into a car accident.
    The analysis of their urine showed that they had been drugged, and so the
    police started tapping phones.
    It seems that a Cremonese player spiked their drink with tranqs in order to get the team to lose the match.

If Inter actual did get done for match fixing I would probably laugh for the next month straight.

Of course the issue along with corruption is the convenient draws that are not in fact fixed but part of the football culture in Italy.

Also Italy is rife with corruption from Bunga Bunga Berlusconi to the man on the street. We may as well try to stop Jamie Redknapp being a thick, there's the same probability of success

Apparently it was a gambling syndicate who had lumped on Inter -1. It finished 1-0 so something obviously went wrong and I think any investigation is against individual Lecce players.

carlop wrote: »
    Apparently it was a gambling syndicate who had lumped on Inter -1. It finished 1-0 so something obviously went wrong and I think any investigation is against individual Lecce players.

Aww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Palacios is in talks with Napoli over a move good player hasn't been the same since he lost his brother but still a very good player.

Luis Enrique to Roma sounds like it could be announced in the next 24 hours.

Palacios is in talks with Napoli over a move good player hasn't been the same since he lost his brother but still a very good player.

That would make sense as they seem to have lost out on Gokhan Inler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

That would make sense as they seem to have lost out on Gokhan Inler.

He is going to Juve right? I see Hitzfeld has made him captain of the swiss team.

He is going to Juve right? I see Hitzfeld has made him captain of the swiss team.

Possibly. He failed to agree personal terms with Napoli anyway.

Possibly. He failed to agree personal terms with Napoli anyway.

I would have thought he would favour Napoli though considering they made the CL for next season, we will just have to wait and see where he goes if he goes anywhere.

I would have thought he would favour Napoli though considering they made the CL for next season, we will just have to wait and see where he goes if he goes anywhere.

Apparently the real story is that his missus prefers Turin to Naples. :pac:

There is no arguing with that he'll be playing for Juve next season so :pac:

Least Napoli have tied down Cavani with a new contract, they could be the dark horses in the CL next season, some very good players there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

No surprise there. Turin is a classy city, Naples is a dump

• Advertisement

Least Napoli have tied down Cavani with a new contract, they could be the dark horses in the CL next season, some very good players there.

If they hang on to their players and sign a midfielder and a centre back or two, they'll have a very good team. I don't think they have a deep enough squad to compete in the CL and Serie A though.

If they hang on to their players and sign a midfielder and a centre back or two, they'll have a very good team. I don't think they have a deep enough squad to compete in the CL and Serie A though.

I agree, nowhere near the depth to challenge on two fronts. We didn't exactly set the Europa League alight this season, we were ok against Villareal and a bit unlucky but really struggled to get through a group that shouldn't have been difficult.

carlop wrote: »
    I agree, nowhere near the depth to challenge on two fronts. We didn't exactly set the Europa League alight this season, we were ok against Villareal and a bit unlucky but really struggled to get through a group that shouldn't have been difficult.

I like Napolis brand of fast football, it's the system that Italian teams should use in Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if Napoli get into the last 16 and then get destroyed by an english team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Jaysus, rough news.
    Three people are dead following a car accident that left Napoli defender Hugo Campagnaro seriously injured in Argentina.

Ole reports that Campagnaro is out of immediate danger while a companion who was travelling with the player is also recovering in hospital.

The other passenger in Campagnaro's vehicle was pronounced dead on arrival after emergency services took them to the nearby medical centre. A female police officer and a prison guard were killed in the other vehicle.

The accident took place between the towns of Coronel Baigorria and Espinillo in the Cordoba province.

The extent of the Napoli man's injuries have not been made public, along with the specific circumstances of the crash.

Lichtsteiner to Juventus for between 10 and 12 Million euro apparently. He'll hardly set the world alight but he's twice the player Motta is.

Juventus also rumoured to be keeping Motta :mad:

A Backline of Ziegler+Chiellini+Bonnucci+Lichtsteiner is the best Juve have had since 2006 even if Bonnucci is just a poor mans Chiellini.

Motta will be signed by Juve, but the plan is to then use him in a deal for someone else.

It seems that Felipe Melo will be leaving. He's been burning his bridges at Juve. Criticising the management, players and transfer policy.

• Advertisement

So we'll end up selling our stand out player probably for less than he was signed for meanwhile the deal in which motta is part will collapse so Juve will be left Meloless and with Motta. Nice to see no break from tradition.

Sampdoria have signed Chitchanok "Chitcha" Xaysensourinthone from the Swiss second division. He's a 16 year old striker. Great name!

So it looks like Leonardo will be leaving Inter.
    Inter President Massimo Moratti has confirmed that Marcelo Bielsa could replace the departing Leonardo.

The Brazilian tactician has been linked with a technical director role at former club Paris SG and Moratti has finally admitted that is an option.

"Leonardo has a great opportunity. We'll try to find a solution which suits him and the club,” the oil baron noted.

“Leonardo worked as a Coach with good will and passion, but being a Coach was certainly not what he aspired to be in the future.

“It makes sense that he follows his ambitions and that we look for a new Coach. Then should Leonardo change his mind then we could change ours too.”

La Gazzetta dello Sport have this week claimed an Inter interest in Bielsa and Moratti admitted that the Argentine is an option for the job.

“I do believe that there has been a first contact with Bielsa, even if that wasn’t made by me,” he continued.

Leonardo, who bossed city rivals Milan last term, was hired by the Nerazzurri on Christmas Eve as a replacement for the sacked Rafael Benitez.

Bielsa, 55, has had coaching spells with Newell’s Old Boys, Velez Sarsfield and Argentina amongst others.

He left the Chile national job in February when he resigned a year after leading the side in the 2010 World Cup.
    I'll be very disappointed if he does, he has done a very good job since joining and I really feel he could win trophies if he stays. I don't know who I'd like to see come to replace him, I was sure he'd be at Inter for at least another year so hadn't really given it much thought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Milan have agreed co-ownership deals for Merkel and Stepehn El Shaarawy, with the players going in either direction.

7million euros + half of Merkels contract for half of El Shaarawy's contract, Merkel goes to Genoa, The Little Pharaoh coming to Milan.

I think it's a good deal for all involved, hope we take Merkle back in a few years too, looks a top player in the making.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

dor83 wrote: »
    So it looks like Leonardo will be leaving Inter.I'll be very disappointed if he does, he has done a very good job since joining and I really feel he could win trophies if he stays. I don't know who I'd like to see come to replace him, I was sure he'd be at Inter for at least another year so hadn't really given it much thought.

Bielsa would be an excellent replacement. Tactically very sound, isn't rigid in his methods and will encourage attacking possession football. I for one would look forward to see what he could do with Inter.. if he does take on the job.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Continuing on from my comments last night..

Marcotti just posted this -
    OK, so Bielsa is apparently unconvinced by Inter and Leo has yet to agree to PSG... hmmm... another masterpiece from Inter?

:pac:

This could be a disaster for Inter if it's not sorted out quickly, Leonardo has been given Moratti's backing several times but if he refuses to commit to the club then don't give him a choice. If he wants to leave he could have said so by now, the longer he waits the harder it will be to find a good coach and the less time they will have to buy/sell the players he wants/doesn't want. I like Leonardo and think he could do well coaching Inter but if he tries to mess the club about and doesn't commit then it's time to get rid of him and concentrate of finding someone who wants the job.

Leonardo doesn't want to be a coach. He's clearly not going to be at Inter long-term, even if he agrees to stay for next season. They should replace him this summer regardless of him agreeing a deal with PSG or not.

I hope the whole thing takes a while longer to work itself out though.

Moggi banned for life :)

Pazienza to Juve official, looks like Sissoko and Melo might be on the way out.

Melo would work wonders with Arsenal but Juve should not sell him for a loss, he was overpriced but he's starting to prove his worth.

Melo would work wonders with Arsenal but Juve should not sell him for a loss, he was overpriced but he's starting to prove his worth.
    He'd do a job for Utd as well, I honestly can't see Juve getting their money back on him because I don't think the foreign clubs rate him that highly and can't see the big Italian clubs buying him, although I do think he'd do well for Inter or Roma.

Leonardo doesn't want to be a coach. He's clearly not going to be at Inter long-term, even if he agrees to stay for next season. They should replace him this summer regardless of him agreeing a deal with PSG or not.

I hope the whole thing takes a while longer to work itself out though.

Leonardo resigned and will join PSG as a manager, Chile coach Bielsa
    and unemployed coach Ancelotti, both refused to coach Inter.

Moggi banned for life :)

Pazienza to Juve official, looks like Sissoko and Melo might be on the way out.

Melo has been burning his bridges at Juve. He's a good player, but his attitude is all wrong.

Melo is in an impossible position, so I understand his attitude. Juve really only have three players with any sale value and have been offering Melo to all comers for the last 18 months. The club have shown no loyalty to him whatsoever.

Me? I'd hold on to him - Pirlo is going to need someone to get the ball for him.

In Inter news, it would appear Sinisa Mihajlovic is now on Morratti's radar, according to Corriere.

In Inter news, it would appear Sinisa Mihajlovic is now on Morratti's radar, according to Corriere.
    Yeah, that would make sense because he was talked about last year but Gazzetta are saying there's still a chance of Bielsa and we are also looking at Dunga and Zico. It's strange, not so long ago Moratti kept sacking coaches but now he has had 2 that he wanted to stay quit within a year. I just hope it's sorted out quickly and we can sort out a few good transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

dor83 wrote: »
    It's strange, not so long ago Moratti kept sacking coaches but now he has had 2 that he wanted to stay quit within a year. I just hope it's sorted out quickly and we can sort out a few good transfers.

that, my friend, is Karma :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement