Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

any major AC signings on the Horizon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

I doubt A.C. will enter the market too much given their success and free transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Not entirely Serie A related ;) but good to see Hellas Verona on the brink of promotion to Serie B.

A big club who doesn't deserve to play in the third tier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

zeusnero wrote: »
    any major AC signings on the Horizon?

Galliani keeps talking about a mystery target called "Mr. X" that, if he arrives, will be at the end of august.

He is apparently a left sided midfielder, which, in Itlaian football doesn't strictly mean he will be a winger, could be (possition wise) anybody from Montolivo to Modric to Robben or Iniesta.

Only indicartors so far are that he has a "Full head of hair" and "Blue eyes".

Make what you want of that.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Galliani keeps talking about a mystery target called "Mr. X" that, if he arrives, will be at the end of august.

He is apparently a left sided midfielder, which, in Itlaian football doesn't strictly mean he will be a winger, could be (possition wise) anybody from Montolivo to Modric to Robben or Iniesta.

Only indicartors so far are that he has a "Full head of hair" and "Blue eyes".

Make what you want of that.

Stephen Hunt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Ganso, no?

Materazzzi has left Inter by mutual consent. Probably off to MLS/Dubai for a final pay cheque.

Ganso, no?

cant sign another non-eu player.

Looks like the Lichtsteiner move for €9M is on the verge of going through.

Juve catching up in terms of squad quality.

• Advertisement

With Lichtsteiner, Ziegler and De Ceglie in the squad, Juve's fullbacks are better than they have been since 2005-06.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

http://www.football-italia.net/jun22k.html

Keeping, and paying for, Pepe and Motta must surely be bait for something bigger. They are nowhere near the level of player Juve should be shooting for.

If not, Bepe Marotta is a tool.

I can see Pepe being kept as a squad player.

7.5M for a squad player :confused:

7.5M really isn't that much these days. Felipe Melo cost €25M plus Marco Marchionni.

• Advertisement

7.5M really isn't that much these days. Felipe Melo cost €25M plus Marco Marchionni.

Not exactly great business, It's 3 times what Niko Krancjar cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Inters new manager is Gasperini.
    Gian Piero Gasperini will be the new Inter coach. President Massimo Moratti, currently out of Italy, confirmed his "full satisfaction with the choice" and, together with the entire club, wishes Gasperini "the success that brought Inter the title of world champions."

The official announcement will come as soon as the final bureaucratic formalities are completed and, in that moment, the date of his presentation to the press will be announced as well.

Gasperini, 53 years old, will sign a two-year contract. He will work with the Nerazzurri staff already present, along with two new collaborators: assistant Bruno Caneo and fitness trainer Luca Trucchi.
    I'm not sure how I feel about this, he did take Genoa from Serie B to 5th in a few seasons but I reckon he might be a little out of his depth at a club where he's expected to win the title, but I'll give him a chance before I make my mind up, and he can't be any worse than Rafa.

In other news, the co-ownership deals that haven't been sorted out go to a blind auction tomorrow.
    Among those players going to a blind auction are Emiliano Viviano and Gaetano D’Agostino, but Inter lose Marco Andreolli.
    The deadline for the co-ownership deals has now passed and some clubs have not been able to reach an agreement on whether to renew or buy a player outright.

In tomorrow’s blind auction, each club writes a figure in a sealed envelope and the highest bid wins the player.

Those who have gone to the auction are D’Agostino (Fiorentina-Udinese), Albin Ekdal (Bologna-Juventus), Riccardo Meggiorini (Bologna-Genoa) and Gianni Munari (Lecce-Palermo).

The biggest name still in the balance is Italy number two goalkeeper Viviano, who is co-owned between Bologna and Inter.

The two clubs have been unable to reach an agreement, so his fate will be decided by a blind auction.

The same goes for D’Agostino, who a year ago was the subject of a bidding war between Juventus and Real Madrid.

Now he finds himself unsure whether Udinese or Fiorentina want to buy him outright.

Some decisions were reached right at the deadline, as Inter have sold their half of Italy Under-21 international Andreolli to Chievo.

Roma snapped up goalkeeper Gianluca Curci from Sampdoria, while Parma took Daniele Galloppa from Siena.

Bari bought Abdel Ghezzal from Siena, while Roma completed ownership of Sampdoria’s Stefano Guberti.

Sampdoria secured the other 50 per cent of Daniele Mannini’s contract from Napoli.
    I really hope Inter get Viviano, I'd rather see Cesar sold and bring in Viviano than lose him. Cesar wasn't at his best last season and Viviano is 6 years younger so now is the time because if we wait a few more years it could be difficult to find a good keeper to replace him and he shouldn't cost too much because Inter only need to buy 50% now.

Delighted that Inter had to settle for their 4th choice manager.

Sky is reporting that Juventus offered 1.3mil for Ekdal's co-ownership, whereas Bologna offered 1.1mil. Bologna paid 2.4mil for that co-ownership. Envelopes opened tomorrow.

Delighted that Inter had to settle for their 4th choice manager.
    To be honest I don't think there was ever a realistic hope of getting Villas-Boas because there was no way Inter were going to pay €15m to get him, and if you believe the talk whoever took over will be gone next summer anyway. As I said, I'll give him a chance because is him do well in his first few seasons with Genoa. I'm still happier with the manager than I was at this time last year.

Corriere dello Sport and Tuttosport are both reporting that Genoa have made a mistake in the paperwork for the blind auction and they only bid half what they intended, meaning that Inter will get Viviano.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

dor83 wrote: »
    Corriere dello Sport and Tuttosport are both reporting that Genoa have made a mistake in the paperwork for the blind auction and they only bid half what they intended, meaning that Inter will get Viviano.

Bologna made a mistake, not Genoa. Yes its true, Pedrelli wrote our offer incorrectly and so Inter got Viviano. Quite disgusted. But Moratti said that he will try to help Bologna and go back to discussions or something to that affect.

Bologna made a mistake, not Genoa. Yes its true, Pedrelli wrote our offer incorrectly and so Inter got Viviano. Quite disgusted. But Moratti said that he will try to help Bologna and go back to discussions or something to that affect.
    Yeah sorry, was reading about Gasperini at the same time and put the wrong team in, it was saturday morning so my head wasn't working properly. Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back on loan, I do kind of feel sorry for Pedrelli making such a big mistake.

Was it his first time filling out the forms? Or am I being a suspicious Neddy?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sky Sport Italia are reporting Juve have agreed personal terms with Aguero :/

Sky Sport Italia are reporting Juve have agreed personal terms with Aguero :/

The next step is to offer Motta, Immobile and Ekdal on loan for Aguero on loan with an option to buy. :rolleyes:

I'd be shocked if Juve actually fork out for Aguero.

Juve only pay big money for players when they aren't worth it :D

I can imagine getting Diego Milito instead :pac:

Bologna director Pedrelli, the one who messed up the Viviano papers, has handed in his resignation.

Lichtsteiner.

imageservice?galleryimageid=645f876a-96d4-4031-844e-aa0e408034fb&width=470

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If juve sign Aguero, I will be happy. Very happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Hamsik to Milan? Link

• Advertisement

Aguero to Juve seems like it could really happen. It would be Juve's biggest signing since Baggio IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Aguero to Juve seems like it could really happen. It would be Juve's biggest signing since Baggio IMO.

You're probably right but to me it's more of a statement signing than something with any logic behind it. I think they need another winger and another full-back. I can't even imagine the wage bill for their forwards alone if the deal goes through - Aguero, Del Piero, Iaquinta, Toni, Quagliarella and Matri, but I suppose they're going for broke

I could see Iaquinta, Toni and Ammauri being moved on, that would reduce the wage bill a lot.

Del Piero's wages have been reduced.

Amauri won't be at Juve next season.

At least one of Toni and Iaquinta will be gone too I'd say.

I agree that other positions are needed more than Aguero though.

I agree that other positions are needed more than Aguero though.
    Yeah but in fairness Juve need a very big signing, someone who shows the intent they have of competing with the best in Europe, and Aguero would fit the bill perfectly. Getting him to join any team in Italy would be a surprise, but to go to a team without european football next season would be huge and would be a great boost for Juve. If he does join them I think he will be there for a long time, there would be no benefit for him to move there for a short period and he could become an icon there if he spends a long period there and helps them win trophies again. I hope he doesn't move there, I've been hoping Inter would get him for a couple of years and, although I know there is no chance of that happening, I'd hate to see him playing for Juve.

They found a WW2 bomb in Juve's new stadium today!

http://www.torinotoday.it/cronaca/trovata-bomba-nuovo-stadio-juventus.html

Lichtsteiner is official now. €10m to be paid over 3 years.

imageservice?galleryimageid=5aaa5f22-e378-4268-b093-a9b80cf59d98&width=470

Four Juve players are back for early pre-season training.

C_3_Media_1286389_immagine_obig.jpg

Lichsteiner will be really good as a defender, but I despise his constant moaning and complaining to the officials.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Reliable Argentian football correspondent is saying Inter talking with the agents of Ricky Alvarez, Banega, Lamela. That would be a sensational bit of business even if Inter were to get 2 out of the 3 of those players.

• Advertisement

Reliable Argentian football correspondent is saying Inter talking with the agents of Ricky Alvarez, Banega, Lamela. That would be a sensational bit of business even if Inter were to get 2 out of the 3 of those players.
    Does Banega have an EU passport? As far as I know Alvarez has an Italian so him and one of the others might be possible but unless one of them has an EU passport it's going to be a max of 2 because of the 1 non EU player from outside of Italy per season. They would be the type of signings that Inter need, young, reasonably priced and with the potential to improve. A young defender or 2, a young striker, sell Maicon, Motta and Milito and get rid of the dead weight like Pandev and Muntari and it would be a good summer.

How many of them have EU passports I wonder?

dor83 wrote: »
    Does Banega have an EU passport? As far as I know Alvarez has an Italian so him and one of the others might be possible but unless one of them has an EU passport it's going to be a max of 2 because of the 1 non EU player from outside of Italy per season. They would be the type of signings that Inter need, young, reasonably priced and with the potential to improve. A young defender or 2, a young striker, sell Maicon, Motta and Milito and get rid of the dead weight like Pandev and Muntari and it would be a good summer.

There's talk of changing the rule back to two non-EU players. They'd want to make the decision soon though.

There's talk of changing the rule back to two non-EU players. They'd want to make the decision soon though.
    That'd be good, I think it's a stupid rule anyway.

Llamela has an Italian passport, I think.

If the rule is changed, I reckon Milan will sign Ganso, if not, we will wait until january.

Seaneh wrote: »
    If the rule is changed, I reckon Milan will sign Ganso, if not, we will wait until january.

It's one non-EU player per season, it doesn't matter if you sign him in summer or January.

• Advertisement

It's one non-EU player per season, it doesn't matter if you sign him in summer or January.

It's per calendar year.

Which is why we signed Thiago Silva in August but he didn't get registered or play until January.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Seems like Djibril Cissé is on his way to Lazio, according to himself and Corriere dello Sport.

Juve have probably lost out to Real Madrid on Aguero.:mad:

This evening, FIGC's chief lawyer, Stefano Palazzi, has said that Giacinto Facchetti (former Inter president) may have committed Article 6 violations. Moratti may have committed Article 1 violations. Article 6 violations are the worst, match-fixing and such. Article 1 is more of a slap on the wrist. The punishment for Article 6 violations is relegation. Palazzi says Inter had an "unnatural" network of support and that Facchetti was in far too deep with the referee designators.
    When Juventus were relegated, they weren't charged with an Article 6 violation. Juventus had a lot of lower-level violations rolled into an Article 6. Sort of like 5 assaults = a murder.

I don't think they'll actually do anything about it, but this is the first time the FIGC have stated anything like this.

SkySport24 say the revocation of the 2006 scudetto from Inter "is a done deal".

---

Moratti's response:

"It is a severe attack and absolutely unacceptable. There is nothing new, we're judging something that has already been judged. Palazzi is wrong, and Inter do not accept this. And bad taste involved Giacinto Facchetti, the person who stood out for his fairness, estimated by me and all the fans. Leave? I work for my fans, not for these people."

---

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2176/serie-a/2011/07/04/2560556/inter-alleged-to-have-committed-sporting-fraud-during-calciopoli-
    Inter Alleged To Have Committed Sporting Fraud During Calciopoli By Lead Figc Investigator

Former Italian champions were involved in trying to 'condition' the Italian referee sector 'to gain an advantage' during the Calciopoli scandal, claims chief investigator

Inter are alleged to have committed sporting fraud during Calciopoli by the same man who last week said Juventus had no chance of having their 2006 Scudetto handed back.

Figc (Italian FA) chief investigator Stefano Palazzi believes Inter are responsible for having committed sporting fraud during the 2005-06 season which subsequently led to the football scandal in Italy.

Speaking to Ansa, Palazzi said: "Inter violated the article relative to sporting fraud with regards to the possibility of taking advantages in the standings."

His comments are based on what has emerged from the current Calciopoli 2 trial at the Tribunal of Naples where evidence shows former Inter directors had contact with referees and a number of other high-profile Italian football leaders between 2004 and 2006.

Transcripts from wire taps identified by the Tribunal of Naples showed Former Inter president Giacinto Facchetti had regular contact with former referee designators Paolo Bergamo and Pier Luigi Pairetto.

Palazzi also claimed Inter were "directly responsible for having secured an advantage in the league standings by conditioning the regular function of the referee sector."

Last week, the Figc said Juventus had "no significant case" following their appeal to have their 2006 Scudetto, which was revoked and then assigned to Inter, handed back.

The case into Juve's appeal was closed, but the federal court of the Figc is expected to meet again on July 5 and 18 to discuss the latest developments.

---

Long story short (sort of):

Palazzi was instructed to pour over all the evidence that emerged a year ago in the Naples trial and needed to come to a conclusion as to whether the information was a) irrelevant b) too late because the statute of limitations had expired c) reopen the case.

Because it took him a year and change to conclude his “investigation” (which took 3 weeks in 2006) the entire thing fell out of statute which means no one will be getting further punished.

The title Guido Rossi handed Inter can still be revoked however and likely will when the league officials convene for a meeting on July 18th.

His 72 page release states a few key points.

Remember that Juventus was never relegated for article 6 violations (attempts at obtaining an advantage in the standings through actions like match fixing) because none could be found. The team was relegated due to a summarization of article 1 violations (unsportsmanlike conduct) which up until that point had only ever resulted in fines and in extreme cases 1-3 point penalty.

The release from Palazzi (FIGC Chief Investigator) claims that had the information been analyzed properly in 2006 the following people and their respective teams would have been found guilty of violating article 1 along with Juventus:

Cellino (Cagliari), Campedelli (Chievo), Foschi (Palermo), Gasparin (Vicenza), Governato (Brescia), Corsi (Empoli), Spalletti (Udinese, coach), Foti (Reggina), Moratti (Inter) and Meani (Milan).

The following would have been found guilty of violating article 6 and should have therefore been relegated.
    Spinelli (Livorno), Facchetti (Inter) and Meani (Milan).

Nothing will happen. The case is out of statute now. The scudetto of honesty will likely be revoked and never reassigned and that’s it.

This is by a Juventus fan on another forum. He knows more about Calciopoli than anyone else who posts on the internet in English. :P
    Nothing will happen. Palazzi released this statement along with the archiving of the whole case due to the statue of limitations being exceeded. There is no sweeping under the rug anymore. The statement itself already did that.

Palazzi identified all that was wrong with the initial verdict and then closed the case up by saying…(I’m summarizing) “unfortunately we have exceeded permissible timeframes that would have permitted corrective measures”. He represents the FIGC when he says that so that is it from their end. “We messed up and that is that”.

The scudetto being revoked is all that can occur because that has nothing to do with the statute of limitations and that is likely where it will end.

Some may recall that months ago I said this whole thing would end behind closed doors amidst wine and cigar smoke. It would allow all to save face and proceed with their usual lives. Here it is.

Juventus can say “we tried our best and now Inter lost the title they never won”
    Inter can say “we feel we did nothing wrong and never went to Serie B”
    FIGC can say “we tried our best but ran out of time”

The morons regardless of fanbase will feel appeased.

In the meantime come August it is business as usual. Nothing changes.

My feeling is that everyone knew all along how this would end as that was likely decided well in advance. Why else did Juve put so little pressure on the federation, why else wasn’t Inter too concerned (even skipping court dates) and why else did the FIGC wait until the 5 year anniversary to figure shit out?

• Advertisement
Advertisement