Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

It's officially back to 2 non-EU players.
    The FIGC and Lega explain the decision to scrap the one non-EU player limit “restores competitiveness to Italian football.”
    Serie A clubs were only allowed to buy one new non-EU player per season as of last summer, when Italy’s dismal showing in the 2010 World Cup prompted a rethink.

Clubs were unhappy at the change and welcomed today’s return to the limit of two players who do not have European Union passports.

“The rule was changed after a unanimous agreement on what is a strategic problem for Italian football,” said Federation President Giancarlo Abete.

Lega Serie A President Maurizio Beretta also commented on the regulation.

“The return to two non-EU players restores competitiveness to Italian football. All the elements were in sync regarding this decision – Serie A, B, Lega Pro and amateurs.”

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Inter sign Ricky Alvarez from Velez for 9 million euro according to Sky Italia. Will be in Milan on Thursday.

Ricky Alvarez from Velez for 9 million euro according to Sky Italia. Will be in Milan on Thursday.
    €12m is what I've heard, 5.7 up front + 3.5 add ons + Tax of about 2.8, it would be a decent price imo. There has been talk that Banega will only cost about €10m, if that happens it will be a bargain.

EDIT: Just read this.
    Ricky Alvarez admits he is “very close to Inter, though my agent told me not to say anything until it’s official. I’m very grateful to Javier Zanetti.”
    The Velez Sarsfield star is thought to have clinched a deal worth €9m plus another €3m in performance-related bonuses.

“Everyone says we’re very close to completing the move to Inter, though my agent told me not to say anything until it’s official,” declared the Argentine.

“I can only say that I am very grateful to Zanetti for what he has done for me. I think my father will come with me on my new adventure, followed by my mother and my sister.”

According to Sky Sport Italia, Alvarez will sign a five-year contract worth €1m per season when he arrives for a medical on Thursday.

Velez Sarsfield also confirmed the Nerazzurri are on the verge of completing their swoop, beating competition from Arsenal and Roma.

“There were three clubs who wanted Alvarez, but we met several times with Inter’s directors and are close to finalising the deal, even if there are some details left to file down,” said President Raffaini.

“The lad really wants to try out this new experience, but we would like to keep hold of 15 per cent of his contract.”

EDIT 2: It would seem that Jonathan will be signed next week.
    Inter director Marco Branca has hinted Douglas Maicon could leave, “but so far we haven’t received adequate offers.”
    There are question marks over the Brazilian after they secured a deal for Santos starlet Jonathan.

“We have no intention of selling out big players. We could only talk about it when faced with incredible offers,” technical director Branca told Sky Sport Italia.

Jonathan will arrive next week, but he won’t be Maicon’s replacement, because Maicon is staying as so far we haven’t received adequate offers.”

It is effectively a call for clubs, above all Real Madrid, to make a proposal for the right-back.

Another veteran considering his future is Lucio, whose contract expires in June 2012.

“There is a problem over the length of Lucio’s contract in the renegotiations, but we are confident he can stay with us.”

Branca also commented on other players linked with Inter this summer.

“Eder Banega? We cannot talk about negotiations as such, but there is an interest. Erik Lamela is a player we are tracking.”

dor83 wrote: »
    €12m is what I've heard, 5.7 up front + 3.5 add ons + Tax of about 2.8, it would be a decent price imo. There has been talk that Banega will only cost about €10m, if that happens it will be a bargain.

EDIT: Just read this.

Saw that. Would be the biggest steal this summer.

Saw that. Would be the biggest steal this summer.
    Yeah, especially when you consider Valencia paid €18m for him and he has only just turned 23.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Stekelenberg gone to Roma? Great signing for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

New Juve kits.

C_3_Media_1289020_immagine_obig.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Marchisio is turning into a big bloke!

Call-ups for the pre-season training camp. Sissoko is a goner. Edit: Grosso is too.

Amauri
    Barzagli
    Bonucci
    Buffon
    Chiellini
    De Ceglie
    De Silvestro
    Del Piero

Grygera

Iaquinta

Kirev

Krasic

Lichtsteiner
    Manninger
    Marchisio
    Marrone
    Martinez

Matri

Melo

Motta
    Pazienza
    Pepe
    Pirlo
    Quagliarella

Sorensen
    Storari
    Toni
    Ziegler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

And, lest we forget, Salihamidzic

• Advertisement

And, lest we forget, Salihamidzic

He has already signed for Wolfsburg. His contract with Juve expired at the end of last season.

Grosso and Sissoko are still Juve players.

816ed0aab2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

He has already signed for Wolfsburg. His contract with Juve expired at the end of last season.

Grosso and Sissoko are still Juve players.

816ed0aab2.jpg

Wasn't there a pic in this thread earlier of Sissoko back for pre-season earlier?

I'm liking the goalkeeper's jersey.

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Wasn't there a pic in this thread earlier of Sissoko back for pre-season earlier?

I'm liking the goalkeeper's jersey.

He came back to Juve's training ground (along with De Ceglie, Martinez and Quagliarella) earlier than players were required to. The rest of the squad will start pre-season with a training camp away from Turin. Grosso and Sissoko won't be involved in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

He came back to Juve's training ground (along with De Ceglie, Martinez and Quagliarella) earlier than players were required to. The rest of the squad will start pre-season with a training camp away from Turin. Grosso and Sissoko won't be involved in that.

:( I always liked Sissoko for some reason. Where's he going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

This is by a Juventus fan on another forum. He knows more about Calciopoli than anyone else who posts on the internet in English. :P

Nothing will happen. Palazzi released this statement along with the archiving of the whole case due to the statue of limitations being exceeded. There is no sweeping under the rug anymore. The statement itself already did that.

Palazzi identified all that was wrong with the initial verdict and then closed the case up by saying…(I’m summarizing) “unfortunately we have exceeded permissible timeframes that would have permitted corrective measures”. He represents the FIGC when he says that so that is it from their end. “We messed up and that is that”.

The scudetto being revoked is all that can occur because that has nothing to do with the statute of limitations and that is likely where it will end.

Some may recall that months ago I said this whole thing would end behind closed doors amidst wine and cigar smoke. It would allow all to save face and proceed with their usual lives. Here it is.

Juventus can say “we tried our best and now Inter lost the title they never won”
    Inter can say “we feel we did nothing wrong and never went to Serie B”
    FIGC can say “we tried our best but ran out of time”

The morons regardless of fanbase will feel appeased.

In the meantime come August it is business as usual. Nothing changes.

My feeling is that everyone knew all along how this would end as that was likely decided well in advance. Why else did Juve put so little pressure on the federation, why else wasn’t Inter too concerned (even skipping court dates) and why else did the FIGC wait until the 5 year anniversary to figure **** out?
    So we can blame Berlusconi's meddling with Italian law for time "running out"?

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    :( I always liked Sissoko for some reason. Where's he going?
    He was great under Ranieri, but lost the ability to control or pass a football since Ranieri left.

PSG maybe.

grenache wrote: »
    So we can blame Berlusconi's meddling with Italian law for time "running out"?

Basically, yes.

The FIGC are meeting on the 18th of July. Something will probably come from that meeting.

Lamela in Italy today, will be in talks with Roma. Delighted if both player and club conclude a deal (have a soft spot for Roma). Very talented, expect him to do more than well for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

A few shots of Juve's new stadium. What a beaut! The architecture is a millions times better than any of those plastic cereal box stadia that have invaded the English landscape over the last 15 years. Italians are so stylish!

nuovo-stadio-Juve-4577.jpg

dscn0149.jpg

dscn0159bc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Yep, it truly looks fantastic.

If only more Italian grounds would follow their example.

• Advertisement

Inter to keep controversial 2006 title-reports

ROME, July 18 (Reuters) - The saga over the fate of the 2006 Italian title appears to be finally over after the football federation (FIGC) decided it did not have the authority to take the scudetto away from Inter Milan, Italian media reported on Monday.
    Inter, who were handed the 2006 title by default after table-toppers Juventus were demoted and second-placed AC Milan docked points for influencing the selection of referees, had been under investigation since last year after new evidence emerged in the criminal case into the match-fixing scandal.
    Lawyers said phonetaps also implicated Inter in the affair for the first time but the club denied wrongdoing.
    Despite the presentation of a report by FIGC prosecutors accusing Inter of sporting fraud, the FIGC's executive committee voted by a majority decision in Rome on Monday that a ruling to revoke the 2005/6 scudetto was beyond its jurisdiction, reports said.
    The federation was not available for comment.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/9749911

In
    188385_254053114621925_171522852874952_1079247_3224155_n.jpg

Out
    f4UHFdp5gF.jpg

In
    188385_254053114621925_171522852874952_1079247_3224155_n.jpg

What was the reported fee in the end? Cracking bit of business by Juve.

What was the reported fee in the end? Cracking bit of business by Juve.

€5m now
    €3m in June 2012
    €2.5m December 2012

+

A possible €2m in bonuses

5 year contract. Salary €2.5m - €3m.

That's a bargain, I can't believe some of the prices this year, there are some real bargains while some players are hugely overvalued.

Juve are playing Sporting Lisbon in Toronto at midnight tonight Irish time. First proper friendly after a couple of easy wins against amateur teams.

• Advertisement

Finished 2-1 to Sporting.

Beautiful goal by Del Piero.

Viviano has done his cruciate.
    Italy and Inter goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano could miss the entire season after suffering the “complete lesion of the anterior cruciate ligament.”
    The shot-stopper had only just completed his transfer to the Nerazzurri after a blind auction resolved the co-ownership deal with Bologna.

It was announced this evening that Viviano has suffered a devastating injury during pre-season training.

“Viviano underwent tests with Professor Franco Combi, medical director at F.C. Internazionale.

“The tests showed the complete lesion of the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

“Over the next few days the necessary surgery will be planned out.”

This is a serious injury and could keep Viviano out of action for around five months.
    I feel really sorry for him, but is a way it could be good for him if Cesar has another season like last season and Viviano comes back well in the second half of the season he could take Cesars place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/9764701
    ROME, July 26 (Reuters)-Serie A clubs Chievo Verona and Atalanta along with former Italian internationals Giuseppe Signori and Cristiano Doni have been cited for suspected match-fixing by the Italian football federation's sporting prosecutor, the governing body reported on its website figc.it on Tuesday.

The top-flight clubs are joined by Serie B's Ascoli, Verona and Sassuolo and another 13 clubs from Italy's lower leagues with potential punishments decided by the FIGC's disciplinary commission at an undisclosed date.

Twenty-four footballers, coaches and directors from Italy's lower leagues have also been cited by the body.

Wow, Zamparini confirms Pastore to PSG will happen and an announcement will be made early next week. as massive as it is a loss for Seria A, it's a massive step forward for French league football let alone PSG. Pastore is/was one of my favourite players in Seria A. Absolutely adore the guy as a player. Immensely talented. The reported fee is around 43 million euros.

• Advertisement

screenshot20110803at749.png

Roma agree fee for Nilmar. Would be a brilliant signing for Roma. Lamela supporting Nilmar is the way to go, assuming the transfer goes ahead without any issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

screenshot20110803at749.png

Speaking of the new Arena....
    Juventus have announced the sale of 23,000 season tickets ahead of the 2011-12 campaign. This will prove welcome among the hierarchy at the Turin giants, as just 14,600 season tickets were sold in 2010-11, as the club finished in 7th place in Serie A.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2011/08/04/2604437/juventus-announce-23000-season-tickets-sold-for-2011-12

Supercoppa kicks off in just under an hour, really looking forward to this match. Line-ups are:

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 23 Ranocchia, 25 Samuel, 26 Chivu; 4 Zanetti, 8 Thiago Motta, 5 Stankovic, 20 Obi; 11 Alvarez, 10 Sneijder, 9 Eto'o.
    Bench: 12 Castellazzi, 37 Faraoni, 44 Bianchetti, 77 Muntari, 7 Pazzini, 27 Pandev, 30 Castaignos.

Milan: 32 Abbiati; 20 Abate, 13 Nesta, 33 Thiago Silva, 19 Zambrotta; 8 Gattuso, 4 Van Bommel, 10 Seedorf; 27 Boateng; 70 Robinho, 11 Ibrahomivic.
    Bench: 1 Amelia, 76 Yepes, 25 Bonera, 23 Ambrosini, 28 Emanuelson, 99 Cassano, 7 Pato.

Really open game so far. Robinho should have done far better there, superb build up and flick by Ibra.

lovely play between ibra and robinho there, should have scored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Is Sneijder playing as one of the front three today?

Haha Gattuso. Should be sent off for a 2nd yellow on Obi.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Gattusso was a lucky boy there.

1-0 Sneijder free kick.

• Advertisement

Sneijder ! Free kick, 1-0 to Inter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Abbiati should have gotten to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Abbiati is a shockingly bad goalkeeper imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

An Citeog wrote: »
    Abbiati is a shockingly bad goalkeeper imo.
    Wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Milan losing this in the middle of the field. Van Bommel has done nothing and Gattuso seems to want to get himself sent off.

Ibra unlucky there, off the post.

Milan looking the better team this half. Seeing more of the ball and getting in dangerous positions. Pato coming on now it looks like.

Fantastic goal. 1-1.

Perfect ball over the top from Robinho for Seedorf to knock it across goal for Ibra to tap in.

edit - Pato on for Robinho

Chivu is useless, never should have let Seedorf get that ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I don't understand how Robinho is playing for such a massive club as AC I really think he's over rated

Advertisement