Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Fantastic goal. 1-1, Ibra

That was lovely, Robinhos pass was beautiful, thought Seedorf might have taken a touch too much, but no. Lovely stuff.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

2-1 to Milan! Boetang with the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

KPB has had a cracking game, really is becoming the lungs of this Milan team.

I really wish players would stop surrounding the referee everytime a card is given out.

Seedorfinho :D

• Advertisement

Inter look in trouble to me this season. Eto'o was never even arsed today and Sneijder only seemed interested in the game in bits. Worrying to see players roaring at Gasperini

Milan win.

Highly entertaining game. Milan deserved it based on their 2nd half performance but can consider themselves very lucky Gattuso wasn't sent off early in the first half.

Hopefully this is a sign to come to for the league season what with a good few teams in the top 6 having strengthened this summer and in the main, not many of them losing many players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

h74mgoxj:iphone

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Juve will open their stadium with a game against Notts County. Nice gesture, and so refreshing to see them go with a historically significant fixture rather than some soulless money spinner. Top marks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Juve will open their stadium with a game against Notts County. Nice gesture, and so refreshing to see them go with a historically significant fixture rather than some soulless money spinner. Top marks.

It was originally supposed to be a soulless money spinner against Man Utd. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

The strike is going ahead so we have to wait another couple of weeks unfortunately.
    The new Serie A season will not kick off this weekend after last minute talks to avert strike action failed.

In an ongoing dispute between the Players’ Association (AIC) and the Lega over a collective bargaining agreement, no resolution was reached.

A strike has been on the cards since Wednesday and, after three days of fruitless negotiations, Week 1 of the new top-flight campaign has been called off.

"We tried right up until the end, but all the attempts were in vain," stated AIC President Damiano Tommasi.

“The players are disappointed as they can’t take to the field. But the Lega has been after this for 18 months.”

The dispute revolves around two key points in the collective contract that all players sign up to.

The first is regarding the wording in the contract that gives Coaches the power to freeze out players from training, with the first team squad, if they are deemed as surplus to requirements.

The second problem is to do with a new solidarity tax that clubs want high earning players to contribute to.

Yesterday the Italian Football Federation offered to hand over €20m to help with the issue of the solidarity payment.

And this morning Tommasi offered to sign a temporary contract until June 2012, with the two key points omitted, in order for the season to start.

Neither step seemed to make any difference in the attempts to find a resolution.

“It is not clear why we should sign an agreement modelled on the bridge of the original dispute,” Lega chief Maurizio Beretta stated.

The campaign is now set to begin in Week 2 on September 10, after the international break, but that is by no means certain.

“The possibility of a longer strike is a problem to be resolved,” stated FIGC chief Giancarlo Abete. “There is that risk when thinking about future games.”

Tommasi added: “I get the impression that if a solution is not found soon then it won’t take 15 days to resolve, the gap in between Week 1 and 2, but months.”

Suits me. Krasic would've missed the first week through injury. :)

Suits me. Krasic would've missed the first week through injury. :)
    I was just looking forward to the season starting and with the international break it's going to be at least another 2 weeks, and they don't look like either side will compromise so could be even longer. Hopefully they sort it out soon and we get calcio back in 2 weeks.

I don't think you would miss Krasic as much as last season, Juve have made a lot of good signings and spent well so should have a good season. I still expect Milan to win again with Inter, Juve and Napoli fighting it out for the other 2 CL spots, which would be a good step forward from the last couple of years for Juve, imo.

dor83 wrote: »
    I was just looking forward to the season starting and with the international break it's going to be at least another 2 weeks, and they don't look like either side will compromise so could be even longer. Hopefully they sort it out soon and we get calcio back in 2 weeks.

I don't think you would miss Krasic as much as last season, Juve have made a lot of good signings and spent well so should have a good season. I still expect Milan to win again with Inter, Juve and Napoli fighting it out for the other 2 CL spots, which would be a good step forward from the last couple of years for Juve, imo.
    Juve still only have one decent winger and it looks like Conte is set on using wingers, so we would really miss Krasic.

Buffon probably won't last a full season so I hope we don't sell Storari. I'm not entirely convinced by Bonucci, De Ceglie or Ziegler. Marotta also hasn't managed to offload Grosso, Amauri or Iaquinta, who are getting the guts of 10 million a year between them.

I can't really see Juve finishing any higher than about 6th. Milan, Inter, Napoli look like being the top three unless the CL hurts Napoli's league form. Fiorentina and Lazio look strong. Then there's Palermo and Roma (who look like they're falling apart, but still have good players).

Reports that Inter have agreed a deal with Samp for Poli, a loan with option to buy at the end of the season for €6m. If this is true I think it's a very good deal, the midfield is getting a bit old and could do with a bit of youth and I think he is a very good player with over 50 Serie A games already.

Half time in the first match in Juventus' new stadium. 0-0 with Notts County.

The opening ceremony was so much better than the first half. Stadium is very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol what an awful display by Juve

Are they missing many players?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

It's a friendly game, hardly gonna go all out (especially out of respect for Notts County).
    1-0 btw, Toni with a penalty.

Glad it starts again tomorrow.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    It's a friendly game, hardly gonna go all out (especially out of respect for Notts County).
    1-0 btw, Toni with a penalty.

Glad it starts again tomorrow.

hardly?

Its embarrassing tbh. A new stadium, a celebration for the fans and to put in that performance, it shows disrespect in my eyes

drawing 1-1 against a league 1 team...

Horrendous performance by Juve. The second half team was a reserve team but still.

• Advertisement

Very much looking forward to this.

Milan v Lazio kicks off the Seria A season.

Milan: Abbiati, Abate, Nesta, Silva, Antonini, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Aquilani, Boateng, Ibrahimovic, Cassano

Lazio: Bizzarri, Konko, Biava, Dias, Zauri, Ledesma, Brocchi, Hernanes, Mauri, Cisse, Klose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Any streams?

It's not on LOF or ESPN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

What a touch from Ibra!

Opr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Milan and Lazio's line ups.

Milan: Abbiati, Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Antonini; Gattuso, Ambrosini, Aquilani; Boateng; Ibrahimovic, Cassano

Lazio: Bizzarri; Konko, Biava, Dias, Zauri; Ledesma, Brocchi; Cissè, Hernanes, Mauri; Klose

1-2, can't watch the game as my connection is much the the live score updates seem exciting!

Klose and Cisse for Lazio, Ibra for Milan.

2-2 now, Cassano scores a header in the 33rd minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Milan lacking width it seems, don't think they'll win it this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Great start to the season, entertaining game tonight between Milan and Lazio. The latter are surely a decent bet for a Champions League spot with Klose up front now. And what a night for County! I know Juve made many changes at half time but it's still a great achievement to come away with a draw. An Italian friend of mine was at the game, said he'd never experienced that type of special atmosphere before any Juve match.

My team Napoli make the trip to Emilia Romagna tomorrow evening to face Cesena. Really excited about this one, Dzemaili will make his debut and Goran Pandev should be introduced at some stage. Inler signing from Udinese gives us a great playmaker in midfield. We have a good record against these guys so anything other than a win will be disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Brilliant first half hour for Lazio, who then just give it away and settled for a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Yeah that 1st half was excellent, could have been many more goals. Shouldn't a new thread be started for the new season?

1 Buffon
    2 Motta
    3 Chiellini
    5 Pazienza
    6 Grosso
    7 Pepe
    8 Marchisio
    9 Iaquinta
    10 Del Piero
    11 De Ceglie
    13 Manninger
    14 Vucinić
    15 Barzagli
    17 Elia
    18 Quagliarella
    19 Bonucci
    20 Toni
    21 Pirlo
    22 Vidal
    24 Giaccherini
    26 Lichtsteiner
    27 Krasić
    28 Estigarribia
    30 Storari
    32 Matri
    33 Sorensen
    34 Marrone
    38 Amauri

Hahaha

They should have just let him leave for free, he had a good 6 months at Parma, he would be great for a club like them, keeping him is stupid.

Seaneh wrote: »
    They should have just let him leave for free, he had a good 6 months at Parma, he would be great for a club like them, keeping him is stupid.

He's on huge wages. No club is willing to pay them so he was very reluctant to leave, therefore Juve would have had to pay him an awful lot for him to leave.

Juve v Parma kicks off in about 20 mins, Line ups are:

Juventus: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, De Ceglie; Marchisio, Pirlo; Pepe, Del Piero, Matri, Giaccherini
    Juventus bench: Storari, Bonucci, Toni, Vidal, Krasic, Elia, Vucinic

Parma: Mirante; Zaccardo, Paletta, A Lucarelli, Rubin; Valiani, Morrone, Galloppa, Modesto; Giovinco; Pellè
    Parma bench: Pavarini, Ze Eduardo, Feltscher, Blasi, Floccari, Crespo, Biabiany

• Advertisement

1-0 to Juve at half time. It's been all Juve, Parma haven't really had an attack. Pirlo has been very impressive. I don't think Matri's goal should have been disallowed. Del Piero was offside, but Matri wasn't.

Giaccherini has hardly touched the ball.

Yeah Matri's goal should have stood. Pirlo's assist for the first was excellent, Lichtsteiner took it well too. Who scored the 2nd goal? any good? I switched over to the F1 at half time.

dor83 wrote: »
    Yeah Matri's goal should have stood. Pirlo's assist for the first was excellent, Lichtsteiner took it well too. Who scored the 2nd goal? any good? I switched over to the F1 at half time.

Pepe got the second, assist by Del Piero.

Full time 4-1. The Pirlo & Del Piero combination is a joy to watch. Vidal's goal was a nice strike, but Marchisio's was really special. Brilliant ball by Pirlo for it too. The attack and midfield was excellent all game. The defence and Buffon didn't have much to do until the last minute.

The penalty and red card for De Ceglie right at the end took the gloss off the performance somewhat. Giovinco had to score though, he always does against Juve. I wonder who'll play left-back for Juve next week? Loaning Ziegler out was a mistake IMO.

x610.jpg

Couldn't understand why they loaned out Ziegler myself, he's not the best in the world but he's not bad and they don't have great full backs anyway.

Palermo v Inter kicks off in just over a half hour, line ups are:

Palermo: 33 Tzorvas; 31 Pisano, 3 Silvestre, 8 Migliaccio, 42 Balzaretti; 90 E. Alvarez, 5 Barreto, 7 Della Rocca, 27 Ilicic; 11 Hernandez, 10 Miccoli
    Palermo bench: 99 Benussi, 2 Mantovani, 4 Cetto, 14 Bertolo, 20 Acquah, 16 Zahavi, 51 Pinilla

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 4 Zanetti; 42 Jonathan, 5 Stankovic, 19 Cambiasso, 55 Nagatomo; 28 Zarate, 22 Milito, 9 Forlan
    Inter bench: 21 Orlandoni, 23 Ranocchia, 20 Obi, 11 Alvarez, 10 Sneijder, 30 Castaignos, 7 Pazzini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Lovely finish from Marchisio at 2:45

• Advertisement

Sneijder on the bench for Inter.

Thankfully the transfer window is closed or tomorrow's papers would be something like "Sneijder left on bench for Inter - Set to sign for Man Utd"

I thought Pirlo was an absolute joy to watch in the Juve match earlier.

I think Vidal will turn out to be an excellent signing as well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Pirlo and Del Piero - the Lemmon and Matthau of Serie A.

Inter leading 1-0 at half time with the goal from Milito, Inter have been poor, but they did improve a little after Sneijder came on for Zarate.

Forlan hasnt been good for some time now

What a game, unreal stuff

4-2 Palermo, 1 min left, Gasp really needs to re evaluate this formation, we just don't have the players for it.

EDIT: Finished 4-3, these players need to learn how to defend, they couldn't do it last season and they are no better now with Samuel back. If we play like that all season we will not have a chance of getting a CL spot never mind winning the scudetto.

Best game of the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Only caught the second half but what a game!

Surely Inter cant continue with the 3-4-3 formation? They looked lost at times.

I think 4-3-1-2 with Sneijder behind Forlan and Milito would be much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That Palermo-Inter match was the usual cagey Italian football...not !
    End to end stuff ,great to watch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement