Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It's Dundalk who have the bouncy castle pitch.

Its Drogheda isnt it? I've played on it and thought it was in Drogheda.

He's had a shocker. There is something going on in the background. You should see the player ratings from last nights game. Never seen them so bad.

Front runner at the moment is Claudio Ranieri and Carlo Ancelotti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Thanks for all your replies, looks like Cesena get the vote!

I had no idea I'd be so close to San Marino either. Must check that out!

Ya might get a game for the next international:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

So who for Inter now?

Benitez? Does he have a job?

No top coach will want to touch the job in my opinion. Maybe Figo?
    Delio Rossi or Ranieri are probably the best options available to them IMO.

godtabh wrote: »
    Its Drogheda isnt it? I've played on it and thought it was in Drogheda.
    I've been to both Oriel Park and United Park several times. The plastic pitch is in Oriel (Dundalk).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Wenger for Inter?

I imagine Moratti will hope for Capello at winter break, or Guardiola in the Summer, so whoever goes in now is likely to be on short contract. Maybe Ranieri as Pinturichio suggests, though I suspect a caretaker until end of year could be Figo or similar ex-player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,346 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

iregk wrote: »
    It's not plastic and many top teams around the world use it now. Its 75% grass, 25% synthetic with a synthetic base layer. The result is a much quicker draining pitch that's also a lot harder wearing.
    Croke Park also has the exact same pitch as does the Juventus Arena, Ajax Arena, Stamford Bridge, Emirates etc... the SanSiro is also due to have it soon. Moscow and Drogheda now there is a completely synthetic surface.
    Those pitches use Desso grass technology which is actually only 3% synthetic grass fibre .
    20 million artificial grass fibres injected 20 cm deep into the pitch which is standard grass base.
    http://www.dessosports.com/en/desso-grassmaster/what-is-desso-grassmaster/

The pitch in Novara though is completely artificial like the one in Moscow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I don't think Mazzari really grasps the concept of squad rotation. 7 changes to the team tonight and no Cavani, Hamsik or Lavezzi! Against a team that did the double over us last season. Naive to say the least, but at least Juve and Milan also dropped points. This is going to be a very close Serie A.

Inter have officially hired Ranieri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Bologna v Inter kicked off a few mins ago, Ranieris first game in charge, line ups are:

Bologna: 1 Gillet; 16 Casarini, 90 Portanova, 5 Antonsson, 3 Morleo; 15 Perez, 26 Mudingayi, 33 Konè; 10 Ramirez, 23 Diamanti; 9 Di Vaio
    Bologna bench: 25 Agliardi, 4 Krhin, 13 Pulzetti, 19 Vitale, 35 Paponi, 51 Loria, 99 Acquafresca

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 55 Nagatomo, 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 26 Chivu; 29 Coutinho, 4 Zanetti, 19 Cambiasso, 20 Obi; 7 Pazzini, 9 Forlan
    Inter bench: 12 Castellazzi, 11 Alvarez, 22 Milito, 28 Zarate, 30 Castaignos, 42 Jonathan, 77 Muntari

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Inter 1-0 up. Pazzini

Thrill wrote: »
    Inter 1-0 up. Pazzini
    First start of the season and he scores, nice assist from Cambiasso. From what I've seen, on the dodgy stream I'm watching, Inter have looked better than any game under Gasp but have still given Bologna a few chances.

1-1, Diamanti with a pen. Bologna have been the better team in the 2nd half.

Finished 3-1 to Inter, Milito with a pen and Lucio with the 3rd goal. Good start for Ranieri, lets hope it keeps up.

EDIT: Line up's for Milan v Cesena are:

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Thiago Silva, Yepes, Taiwo; Nocerino, Van Bommel, Seedorf; Emanuelson; Cassano, El Shaarawy

Cesena: Ravaglia; Comotto, Von Bergen, Rodriguez, Marco Rossi; Martinez, Parolo, Guana; Martinho, Candreva, Mutu

Line up's for Napoli v Fiorentina:

Napoli: De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Fideleff; Zuniga, Inler, Gargano, Dossena; Hamsik, Lavezzi; Cavani

Fiorentina: Boruc; Cassani, Gamberini, Natali, Pasqual; Behrami, Montolivo, Munari; Cerci, Jovetic, Vargas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

carlop wrote: »
    I don't think Mazzari really grasps the concept of squad rotation. 7 changes to the team tonight and no Cavani, Hamsik or Lavezzi! Against a team that did the double over us last season. Naive to say the least, but at least Juve and Milan also dropped points. This is going to be a very close Serie A.

absolutely ridiculous on Wednesday night, i have no idea what Mazzari is playing at! Disappointing result, as it was last night again. Although i thought Montolivio was outstanding for Fiorentina and De Sanctis made some key saves. That said, Cavani really needs to start taking these chances, the one where he was one on one with the keeper and dragged it just wide of the far post was a guilt edged chance.

Juve still need what they've needed since 2006. A left back.

No champions league general thread so i'm just gonna stick my congrats to Naples finest in here. A brilliant victory tonight and rather lucky too, given that Villareal created nearly all of the games chances. I've said it at the start and i'll say it again - Napoli will qualify from the group, City will not get through.

grenache wrote: »
    No champions league general thread so i'm just gonna stick my congrats to Naples finest in here. A brilliant victory tonight and rather lucky too, given that Villareal created nearly all of the games chances. I've said it at the start and i'll say it again - Napoli will qualify from the group, City will not get through.

I hope you're right. I had both the United and Napoli games up so I might have missed a few things but while Villareal had most of the ball, at least in the second half, Napoli carved out the better chances.

If City fail to get maximum points against Villareal then we have a great chance.

• Advertisement

It's starting to look like Napoli and Bayern will go through alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

It's starting to look like Napoli and Bayern will go through alright.

Given Napoli and Bayern have to face each other twice, it certainly isn't over.

Bayern definitely look the stronger of the two, so it will probably hinge on the Napoli-City fixture in Naples.

Teams for tonight's big game at San Siro:

Inter:

Julio Cesar
    Nagatomo, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu
    Zanetti, Cambiasso, Obi
    Forlan
    Zarate, Milito

Napoli:

De Sanctis
    Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica
    Maggio, Inler, Gargano, Dossena
    Hamsik, Pandev
    Lavezzi

No Motta or Sneijder for Inter, two big losses, and they're already without Stankovic. Napoli head north without Cavani who injured himself against Villareal on Wednesday. I think Lavezzi might play more a withdrawn role with Pandev further up the field.

FORZA NAPOLIIIII!!!

Kick off in about 40 mins, line ups are:

Inter: Julio Cesar; Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu; Zanetti, Cambiasso, Obi; Alvarez; Forlan, Pazzini
    Bench: Castellazzi, Nagatomo, Stankovic, Coutinho, Castaignos, Muntari, Zarate.

Napoli: De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica; Maggio, Inler, Gargano, Zuniga; Hamsik, Pandev; Lavezzi
    Bench: Rosati, Fideleff, Dossena, Mascara, Santana, Fernandez, Chavez.

Glad to see Zuniga in there instead of Dossena, at least we'll have some defensive cover on the left now!

All Inter so far, what a difference having Maicon back in the team.

• Advertisement

Napoli slowly finding their way back into the game after a lot of early Inter pressure. Maggio getting a lot of space down the right, the good thing about Inter is that they'll always let you play.

Never a penalty. Now Inter know how it feels. Hard luck on Cesar.

Ah but that sort of decision is allowed against Inter!

What a follow up from Campagnaro after the missed pen

Come on Napoli!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great half of football but the ref has been useless, never a pen, the first yellow for Obi was a joke and he should have sent Cesar off, but we need to calm down in the second half and try to get back in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if we have another player sent off though.

Really enjoyed the 1st half.

Great weekend of Serie A action with this game then Juve vs Milan tomorrow.

Just listening to the commentator during the 1st half saying that a lot of people thin Hamsik is overrated.

What would be your opinion of Hamsik?

• Advertisement

I'd happily let Sneijder go if we could get Hamsik for the same price, that's the best way I can show how highly I rate him.

awful defending from the Nagatomo there, but brilliant persistence from Maggio. We'll take any kind of goal :D

As for Hamsik, he is a match winner and an absolute live-wire. No way is he over-rated.

Stankovic can't be fully fit surely?

miss of the season so far from Zuniga?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

b00m

Now who's over-rated ;);)

Great stuff. Big assist from the ref for the first penalty but good performance nonetheless. Who needs Cavani?:D

Now, after that delightful victory i'm going to pop open a bottle i've been saving for a while, Campania's finest Lacryma Cristi wine, so named after the beautiful bay of Naples that Christ himself wept over.

If he had seen Inter's play tonight, he probably would have wept too, but for totally different reasons.

FORZA NAPOLI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

Really enjoyed the 1st half.

Great weekend of Serie A action with this game then Juve vs Milan tomorrow.

Just listening to the commentator during the 1st half saying that a lot of people thin Hamsik is overrated.

Fondly know as ham**** around this way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

We was robbed, officials were an utter disgrace :mad:

• Advertisement

Pirlo doubtful for the match tonight :(

Pirlo doubtful for the match tonight :(

That would be a huge blow for Juve.

It'll be interesting to see how the defence lines up with De Ceglie out again.

Most places are saying Juve will play 4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1.

A back four of Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini and either Bonucci or Grosso.

Then the rest of the team will probably be Pirlo, Marchisio, Krasic, Vidal, Pepe and Vucinic.

Most sources seem to agree this is Milan's most likely team.
    Milan (4-3-1-2): Abbiati; Bonera, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta; Nocerino, Van Bommel, Seedorf; K.P. Boateng; Ibrahimovic, Cassano.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Think Setanta are showing the Juve game tonight.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Think Setanta are showing the Juve game tonight.

Setanta and ESPN 7.45.

Excellent first half by Juve. Vidal and Marchisio are giving Milan no time on the ball. Seedorf, Van Bommel and Nocerino haven't gotten into the game at all and Milan have barely gotten the ball to Ibra, Cassano or Boateng.

I just wish Juve had taken one of those chances while they were on top. Vucinic is looking dangerous though. Pepe and Krasic need to get into the game more.

Well deserved by Juve.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I had no confidence going into it, never think we will win when either of Zambrotta or Bonera start as fullbacks thesedays, Bonera is a decent centre back but he is hopeless on the right, we badly need to buy new fullbacks as backup for the starting 2/3, Zambrotta should be allowed leave for free, bonera should never play there again, he's not a fullback.
    When Abate is injured we are fecked at right full.

Wow Vidal really gets around the pitch. Seemed to be making tackles everywhere.

Love watching Pirlo play. His passing is a joy to watch.

Great win :)

• Advertisement

Definitely want to plan a trip to the new stadium.

Advertisement