Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Claudio ****ing Marchisio.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Its unreal that Juve got Vidal for around 10 Million. He was very good so was whole Juve team. They could have scored lot earlier, but somehow they messed up final ball. Liked Vucinic game, he was very lively.

This is very interesting (and surprising).

Juve's complaint
    UEFA asks for clarification from the FIGC

Milano, 05 October 2011
    By 19 October the Italian FA must reply to UEFA, as a result of Juve's request. These are the possible outcomes

UEFA today invited the Italian FA to clarify the situation regarding the complaint Juventus had made. This was done by means of a letter addressed to Giancarlo Abete, at FIGC and, for information, to Juventus president, Andrea Agnelli. It was signed by Pierre Cornu, chief legal advisor. The letter was dated 30 September.

THE LETTER — We have been able to reproduce the whole text in translation from French:

"Mr President and members of the Federazione italiana giuoco calcio (Italian FA), you will find enclosed a copy of the corrispondence sent to us on 2 September 2011 by the president of Juventus. As you can see, Juventus complain that the Italian Championship title for the 2005-2006 season was taken from them and argue that Internazionale Milano had committed actions of a similar nature during the same season, protests that the latter have not received sanctions and invites UEFA
    1) to comment on how the FIGC carried out their investigation into facts regarding Juventus and - in particular - Internazionale Milano;
    2) to sanction Internazionale Milano pronouncing that the club does not have the right to participate in the UEFA Champions League 2011/12;
    3) to inform Juventus on the measures it intends to take against Internazionale Milano and the FIGC;

In short Juventus is asking UEFA to verify that the FIGC did their job well. In the first place, we have no reason to doubt this. However it would probably be useful if you shared your position with us regarding what Juventus have stated, in order to avoid any future misunderstandings. We would require a reply from you by 19 October. Then we will decide on the most appropriate action to take. We thank you in advance and remain at your disposal for any further clarifications.

Our best sporting wishes, Perre Cornu, chief advisor on legal matters".

THE POINT — The letter is very clear. La Gazzetta dello Sport had already announced that after receiving the complaint from Juventus UEFA would have opened a file and asked for clarifications on the Italian FA's formal position on the matter. In any case, considering the topic and the terms used, UEFA want to set everything out in black and white before the Italian FA regarding Juventus' complaint and then ask for responses to each one individually.

WHAT NEXT? — What's going to happen now? What does Cornu mean exactly when he says "the most appropriate action to take?" UEFA, as Platini explained to the Gazzetta in a recent interview (”Agnelli could have saved the stamp”) have no intention whatsoever of going into the internal affairs of one of its federations, but are interested in protecting themselves from any doubts regarding teams who are playing in the Champions League.

JUVE'S STAMP — It's certain that there's an air of satisfaction around Juventus today: but, however this story unfolds, “Platini had to spend money on a stamp, too...”. In any case nothing has been filed away at this stage. So the dossier will be brought up again in the future.

http://english.gazzetta.it/Football/05-10-2011/juve-s-complaint-uefa-803173716297.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Another great result for Inter earlier, keep it up lads :pac::pac:

Milan currently being held scoreless by Palermo. I'm watching Napoli-Parma, also scoreless.

A point will send Napoli to the top.

Edit: A point will send Napoli joint top with Juve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Inter revert to type :D

Milan in front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

grenache wrote: »
    Another great result for Inter earlier, keep it up lads :pac::pac:

Milan currently being held scoreless by Palermo. I'm watching Napoli-Parma, also scoreless.

A point will send Napoli to the top.

Edit: A point will send Napoli joint top with Juve.

Is Cavani back tonight?

Parma leading at San Paolo 1-0 :(

Milan cruising 3-0 against Palermo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Derby day.

Lazio at full strength, Roma missing Totti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

6 games today, 2 goals, 5 0-0's. Disgraceful, the managers and players should be ashamed of themselves. Hopefully the derby tonight makes up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

6 games today, 2 goals, 5 0-0's. Disgraceful, the managers and players should be ashamed of themselves. Hopefully the derby tonight makes up for it.

Just saw the results there......unbelievable.

• Advertisement

That's an incredible set of results.

Juve were lacking the cutting edge to break down Chievo's massed defence today. None of the four wingers who appeared for Juve today did anything at all. Krasic is having a terrible season. Juve only started to create anything when Del Piero came on. Conte probably should have started with two up front against Chievo, but I can see why he didn't want to change the team that beat Milan so well.

The disallowed Chievo goal possibly shouldn't have been.

Shaping up to be a great derby, 1-1 so far, red card for Roma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Some disgusting playacting by Gago there. He hardly got touched and he went down clutching his face like someone threw acid on him. At least the ref didn't buy it. :mad:

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Some disgusting playacting by Gago there. He hardly got touched and he went down clutching his face like someone threw acid on him. At least the ref didn't buy it. :mad:

Brocchi dived for the penalty too.

Brocchi dived for the penalty too.

Absolutely. Football really is blighted by so much blatant cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Super finish by Klose! Great end to this match!!

Klose is a class act in fairness.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Some finish in Rome..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

One of the more entertaining derbies in world football without doubt. Lol at them parading the eagle around at the end!

How did Brocchi dive ? He got pulled back at full speed...

Great win, should have really put money on Klose to score.

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    How did Brocchi dive ? He got pulled back at full speed...

Great win, should have really put money on Klose to score.
    Kjaer only barely touched him and Brocchi kept going for a couple of steps before he decided to hit the deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

just to round up todays results then

Cesena 0 - 0 Fiorentina
    Atlanta 0 - 0 Udinese
    Cagliari 0 - 0 Siena
    Chievo 0 - 0 Juventus
    Genoa 0 - 0 Leece
    Novara 0 - 2 Bologna
    Lazio 2 - 1 Roma

exciting stuff!

Does anyone else smell a rat about the five 0-0 draws on Sunday? It screams of a fix to me. And given that we're not long after Calciopoli, nothing would surprise me.

Really happy with the point for Napoli tonight, especially after conceding so early. De Sanctis saved us in the second half with some brave goalkeeping. I expect us to beat Man City at San Paolo and earn at least a point in Villareal, if we get anything in Munich it would be a bonus. Either way, i think 9 points will qualify us for the second round. City have been poor so far, they were extremely fortunate to get three points tonight and i'm looking forward to a turkey shoot when their over-paid primadonnas come to Naples.

Does anyone else smell a rat about the five 0-0 draws on Sunday? It screams of a fix to me. And given that we're not long after Calciopoli, nothing would surprise me.
    I don't think it was a fix. It's too obvious. Also, the only one of the 0-0s that I watched was Chievo-Juve and if that was supposed to be fixed for 0-0, no one told the two teams. Both teams went for it with Juve hitting the post a couple of times at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Really happy with the point for Napoli tonight, especially after conceding so early. De Sanctis saved us in the second half with some brave goalkeeping. I expect us to beat Man City at San Paolo and earn at least a point in Villareal, if we get anything in Munich it would be a bonus. Either way, i think 9 points will qualify us for the second round. City have been poor so far, they were extremely fortunate to get three points tonight and i'm looking forward to a turkey shoot when their over-paid primadonnas come to Naples.

I briefly thought it might have been a fix, being a sceptic and a cynic, but as pinturrichio said it'd be too obvious!

I too hope napoli get through, but forza Milan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

What's "disgraceful" about that? Why should players be ashamed of themselves? :confused::confused:

So according to Andrea Agnelli, this is Del Piero's last season at Juve. We've heard that before, but it seems more certain this time. Whether he'll retire or head to the MLS remains to be seen. My money is on the MLS.

So according to Andrea Agnelli, this is Del Piero's last season at Juve. We've heard that before, but it seems more certain this time. Whether he'll retire or head to the MLS remains to be seen. My money is on the MLS.

Hopefully he retires and is given some sort of coaching job at Juve. How about free kick coach? :D

I think he'll go to the States before coming back to Juve in an off field role. He's a big fan of American sports and always goes over there on holidays.

I'd say he's more likely to become something like a director than a coach. Although that didn't go too well for Nedved.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Another boring day in Serie A with Milan coming back from 3-0 down to beat Lecce and Genoa fighitng back for a point at Juventus from two down.

Another boring day in Serie A with Milan coming back from 3-0 down to beat Lecce and Genoa fighitng back for a point at Juventus from two down.

i think Genoa came from 2-1 down rather than 2-0 down. Didn't Rossi equalise for them after Matri put Juve ahead? That was an incredible comeback from Milan. That game apart though, like you say, it was another day lacking in goals. Napoli would really want to start putting some wins together. They really do flatter to deceive. Not much good beating the Milanese teams if you can't do the same to Chievo and Cagliari.

It was getting bad press in England, here's a good article:

http://ghostgoal.co.uk/2011/10/05/whats-the-truth-about-serie-a/

I saw the name Shaun Custis and stopped reading.

Juve one nil up against Fiorentina at half time.
    Absolute domination by Juve, if the don't win this i'll be annoyed.

• Advertisement

Somewhat unconvincing, but Juve got there in the end. Good to see De Ceglie back.

Inter on Saturday. :D

Somewhat unconvincing, but Juve got there in the end. Good to see De Ceglie back.

Inter on Saturday. :D

Not as good in the second half, but a deserved win overall. Matri and Vucinic could have had a hat trick each.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

Just in regards to Milan's game over the weekend, and Kevin Prince Boateng's performance - article here about Prince KPB, A player fit for a Prince

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

Fiorentina's first goal away from home this season I think.

• Advertisement

Such a talented player.
    chillian17 wrote: »
    Fiorentina's first goal away from home this season I think.

Yep.

Nice goal, reminds me of Pro Evo

Such a talented player.

Yep.

Admittedly I've not watched much of him or Fiorentina bar the odd big Seria A game since his bad injury a couple of seasons ago. Has he fully recovered from that do you know? I remember the game when Liverpool came to visit in the CL, and saying to my mate that Jovetic reminds me of Baggio in his prime. Perhaps a tad OTT :P He was sensational against us though.

Admittedly I've not watched much of him or Fiorentina bar the odd big Seria A game since his bad injury a couple of seasons ago. Has he fully recovered from that do you know? I remember the game when Liverpool came to visit in the CL, and saying to my mate that Jovetic reminds me of Baggio in his prime. Perhaps a tad OTT :P He was sensational against us though.

I don't think he has been quite the same since the injury. Then again, Fiorentina aren't as good as they were then either.

He's still only 21. He seems to have been around for so long. I think he was Partizan captain when he was 17.

I don't think he has been quite the same since the injury. Then again, Fiorentina aren't as good as they were then either.

He's still only 21. He seems to have been around for so long. I think he was Partizan captain when he was 17.

You're right, honestly thought he was around 23.

Just had a look at their squad, at the very least should be midtable. Gilardino not getting any game time it seems. Unless he's been injured, rather odd I would have thought. Prandelli leaving for the national team was surely a massive blow for them now I think about it.

You're right, honestly thought he was around 23.

Just had a look at their squad, at the very least should be midtable. Gilardino not getting any game time it seems. Unless he's been injured, rather odd I would have thought. Prandelli leaving for the national team was surely a massive blow for them now I think about it.

Gilardino is just coming back from injury. He would definitely be starting otherwise.

The business with Mutu was a blow (:pac:) to them as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Looking forward to tonight. We've been good against the big teams, poor against the smaller teams. Given that Udinese tend to fluctuate between the two, I don't know what to expect!

I also get to watch it on TV as opposed to a ****ty stream which will be a rare treat for serie A matches for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I expect it will take a little time for his full confidence to return after such a bad injury. I can imagine him playing with some fear of another.

carlop wrote: »
    Looking forward to tonight. We've been good against the big teams, poor against the smaller teams. Given that Udinese tend to fluctuate between the two, I don't know what to expect!

I also get to watch it on TV as opposed to a ****ty stream which will be a rare treat for serie A matches for me.

- Antonio Di Natale won't play tonight at Napoli beacause of an injury.

- Since 2009/10 Udinese won just one of their eight league games where Antonio Di Natale did not start, losing six of them.

- That win though, was at Napoli in their last league fixture against the Partenopei. Udinese won 2-1 and one of their two goals were scored by Gokhan Inler, now at Napoli.

- In 75 Serie A games where Di Natale started, Udinese have scored on average 1.65 goals and picked up 1.20 points per game. In those eight games where he did not start the Friulani have scored 0.63 goals and collected on average 0.50 points per game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

A few Line-ups for tonight.

Atalanta v Inter:

Atalanta: Consigli; Masiello, Capelli, Lucchini, Peluso; Schelotto, Cigarini, Padoin, Bonaventura; Moralez; Denis

Inter: Julio Cesar; Maicon, Lucio, Chivu, Nagatomo; Zanetti, Cambiasso, Stankovic; Sneijder; Milito, Zarate

Milan v Parma:

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Bonera, Thiago Silva, Taiwo; Aquilani, Ambrosini, Nocerino; Boateng; Ibrahimovic, Cassano

Parma: Mirante; Zaccardo, Paletta, Feltscher, Gobbi; Valiani, Morrone, Nwankwo, Modesto; Giovinco; Valdes

Napoli v Udinese:

Napoli: De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica; Maggio, Dzemaili, Inler, Dossena; Hamsik, Lavezzi; Cavani

Udinese: Handanovic; Benatia, Danilo, Ferronetti; Basta, Pinzi, Asamoah, Badu, Armero; Torje, Floro Flores

• Advertisement
Advertisement