Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

carlop wrote: »
    Looking forward to tonight. We've been good against the big teams, poor against the smaller teams. Given that Udinese tend to fluctuate between the two, I don't know what to expect!

I also get to watch it on TV as opposed to a ****ty stream which will be a rare treat for serie A matches for me.

- Antonio Di Natale won't play tonight at Napoli beacause of an injury.

- Since 2009/10 Udinese won just one of their eight league games where Antonio Di Natale did not start, losing six of them.

- That win though, was at Napoli in their last league fixture against the Partenopei. Udinese won 2-1 and one of their two goals were scored by Gokhan Inler, now at Napoli.

- In 75 Serie A games where Di Natale started, Udinese have scored on average 1.65 goals and picked up 1.20 points per game. In those eight games where he did not start the Friulani have scored 0.63 goals and collected on average 0.50 points per game.
    And how Udinese missed him! With Di Natale not playing I was confident of a Napolitan victory. Delighted that Napoli are back to winning ways - Lavezzi's goal I thought was a bit special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

grenache wrote: »
    And how Udinese missed him! With Di Natale not playing I was confident of a Napolitan victory. Delighted that Napoli are back to winning ways - Lavezzi's goal I thought was a bit special.

Yeah it was a lovely goal. Two great saves from De Sanctis in the first half at 1-0 too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Game of the season so far tonight. Hopefully Inter can ditch their abysmal form and win the derby tonight. Ranieri will be out for revenge against his former team, regardless of what he says.

Forza Inter!

Derby d'Italia day and all i can say is come on Juve!! Hopefully another bad penalty decision will go against Inter - give them a dose of their own medicine. After the shameful treatment of Juve in 2006, it's good to see them back amongst the leading pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Not feeling confident about tonight. Juve's form has dipped recently and I think Inter will catch them out tonight.

Napoli in trouble. Losing 2-1 and down to ten men. Idiotic stuff by Santana for the red card.

The cavalry is on now but it's not looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

3915.jpg
    Line-ups are:
    Inter: 12 Castellazzi; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 26 Chivu, 55 Nagatomo; 4 Zanetti, 19 Cambiasso, 20 Obi; 10 Sneijder; 28 Zarate, 7 Pazzini.
    Bench: 21 Orlandoni, 2 Cordoba, 5 Stankovic, 11 Alvarez, 22 Milito, 30 Castaignos, 42 Jonathan.

Juventus: 1 Buffon; 26 Lichtsteiner, 19 Bonucci, 15 Barzagli, 3 Chiellini; 21 Pirlo; 7 Pepe, 22 Vidal, 8 Marchisio, 14 Vucinic; 32 Matri.
    Bench: 30 Storari, 5 Pazienza, 10 Del Piero, 11 De Ceglie, 17 Elia, 18 Quagliarella, 28 Estigarribia.

carlop wrote: »
    Napoli in trouble. Losing 2-1 and down to ten men. Idiotic stuff by Santana for the red card.

The cavalry is on now but it's not looking good.
    Story of the season so far :( Absolutely no consistency. Even without the red card i don't think we would have won. Catania pressed us well and took the chances, threw the kitchen sink at them in the end. Too little too late though. We never got in behind them tonight and when we did their keeper was inspired. They got a bit of luck for the equaliser. Lavezzi had a great game in fairness but Cavani looked very laboured at times, shouldn't have played tonight at all with the Bayern game coming up.

I'll throw out the old chestnut that we probably scored too early as well :o

Hopefully Juve can give me some comfort by beating Inter.

Story of the season so far :( Absolutely no consistency. Even without the red card i don't think we would have won. Catania pressed us well and took the chances, threw the kitchen sink at them in the end. Too little too late though. We never got in behind them tonight and when we did their keeper was inspired. They got a bit of luck for the equaliser. Lavezzi had a great game in fairness but Cavani looked very laboured at times, shouldn't have played tonight at all with the Bayern game coming up.

I'll throw out the old chestnut that we probably scored too early as well :o

Hopefully Juve can give me some comfort by beating Inter.

Yeah it's been ridiculous. We'll probably go out and beat Bayern now. I guess a draw is the best result in the derby.

• Advertisement

What the fcuk is Pirlo doing playing fancy football on the edge of his box!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Stunning equaliser from Maicon.:eek:

Great strike from Maicon but you would have expected a keeper of Buffon's ability to get a hand to it. Looks like the power of the shot took him by surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Great strike from Maicon but you would have expected a keeper of Buffon's ability to get a hand to it. Looks like the power of the shot took him by surprise.

Got a little deflection too.

Merda!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

This is a great game. I think. Maybe the commentator is just making me think it is, he's so dramatic! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

They just showed a replay from another angle, took a fairly big deflection actually.

Great game so far.

• Advertisement

2-1 Juve Marchisio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game.

Only bad thing is Beppe Bergomi commentating. Arrrggh...

the most blatant foul on marchisio! Stone wall penalty.

Maicon's shot took a huge deflection off Bonucci.

Great goal by Marchisio.

Pirlo is so incredibly elegant.

Surely that had to be a foul by Castellazzi on Marchisio? Even if Marchisio probably wouldn't have gotten to the ball.

Great 1st half!

Cant see this match ending without Juve scoring another goal or two. Ripping Inters defence apart.

I love watching Pirlo play!

the most blatant foul on marchisio! Stone wall penalty.
    Makes up for the one of quite a few awful decisions that have gone against us so far this season.

Very good game so far, shocking defending from Inter is no surprise really but we have been pretty decent going forward and could have scored more if the finishing was better. I have a feeling there'll be a red tonight, it's not been a dirty game but I just have a feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Anyone have a stream for this?

Bring Milito on!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

This one looks set for Inter to win. Juventus profligate in front of goal - bound to pay.

Great fun though :D

Ripping Inters defence apart.

Even though most of the space is in the centre, I think Maicon is the problem. He's getting caught too far forward. Matri and Vucinic are moving into the space left behind him which is dragging the centre halves over to the right.

That and Ranieri's trademark dodgy high line.

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Anyone have a stream for this?

Bring Milito on!!!
    Try here for a stream.

Milito has been useless this season and I'd rather have Castaignos brought on if it's needed.

Even though most of the space is in the centre, I think Maicon is the problem. He's getting caught too far forward. Matri and Vucinic are moving into the space left behind him which is dragging the centre halves over to the right.

That and Ranieri's trademark dodgy high line.

Yeah completely agree. Hes been caught too high up the pitch on a couple of occasions.

Yeah completely agree. Hes been caught too high up the pitch on a couple of occasions.
    It's nothing new though, he was useless last season and I'd actually say he has been better this season than he was last, still not good enough defensively though.

I hope Del Piero gets on at some stage.

Just saw the Marchisio incident again.

What a ridiculous decision. Incredible. Penalty and red card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Jesus, that commentator would want to calm down

Lichsteiner and Chiellini have been absolute rocks for Juve tonight. Inter have been disappointing in the final third though.

• Advertisement

brilliant play by del piero

As much as it pains me to say it, that was deserved win for Juve, Inter were awful in the second half and I'm actually starting to worry about our season now.

dor83 wrote: »
    As much as it pains me to say it, that was deserved win for Juve, Inter were awful in the second half and I'm actually starting to worry about our season now.

Don't blame you. 1 pt from relegation zone. :eek:

Juve should have scored 4 or 5 not to mention the penalty not given.

Vucinic, Vidal, Marchisio and Barzagli and Bonucci had very good games.

Conte looks like the real deal.

Barzagli and Pirlo are having amazing seasons. Marchisio scores so many vital goals against big teams.

It was great to see Del Piero come on and win a free kick with almost every touch he had.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Di Natale is some hero.

Barzagli and Pirlo are having amazing seasons. Marchisio scores so many vital goals against big teams.

It was great to see Del Piero come on and win a free kick with almost every touch he had.

Marchisio is probably juventus' most valuable player now. His development over the last two years is stellar!

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadre/Milan/30-10-2011/milan-sotto-segno-ibra-803505165422.shtml

Cassano is in hospital. Link is in Italian but basically he fainted when he got off the plane taking the team back from Rome, and when he came to he had problems with speech and vision so he was rushed to hospital.

He's apparently ok now, but they're keeping him in for another 48 hours to run some tests.

Hopefully it's nothing serious and he makes a full recovery. Despite the fact he's played for both Real Madrid and AC Milan, I've always had a soft spot for Cassano and I think in terms of pure ability he could have been one of the very best in the world if it weren't for the night clubs of Madrid.

Marchisio is probably juventus' most valuable player now. His development over the last two years is stellar!
    I actually think Matri is the one who makes Juve tick. He creates so many opportunities for guys around him, Saturday night being a case in point.

I actually think Matri is the one who makes Juve tick. He creates so many opportunities for guys around him, Saturday night being a case in point.

True, he never stops running which creates space for others around him. He also has a surprisingly good goal scoring record for Juve.

• Advertisement

Stuck a few quid on Napoli at 8/1. Fcuking hell, those are crazy odds, i know Munich are nearly unbeatable at the Allianz, but 8/1 is downright disrespectful in a two horse race whereby the opposition team finished 3rd in Serie A last year. And especially the way Napoli set themselves up away from home to hurt teams on the counter. Put a tenner on the draw at 4/1 to cover myself.

During the ongoing Telecom Italia trial, former employee Agata
    Plateo said under oath that:

"Yes, we controlled the telephone of Juventus FC, a telephone
    line belonging to (referee) Mr. De Santis, and many FIGC lines. I could do this by entering into the radar system: they gave me the opportunity to see
    the telephone contacts, to take notes without being in any way
    traceable and prohibiting the printing of those records which then I
    used to pass on to my superiors".

Note that Telecom Italia belongs to Tronchetti Provera, who happens
    to be Inter's second major shareholder and board member.

http://www.torinotoday.it/sport/calciopoli-processo-telecom-moggi-testimone-plateo.html

That's hardly surprising at this stage. Inter, Telecom Italia and La Gazetta are/were all in bed together. I don't think anything will ever be done to punish Inter though.

The Prosecutor used "evidence" in court against Juve such as "Gazetta said that goal was offside, so Juve must have been cheating".

The Elkanns (who now control Exor and therefore control Juve) don't exactly smell of roses either. As the saying goes, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Napoli-Juve has been postponed due to bad weather & will be played on December 14

Shame, was looking forward to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Does anyone know when the Genoa V Inter match will be replayed?

It hasn't been confirmed for Dec 14th. Andrea Agnelli has asked to play it tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Crap! Was really looking forward to the match tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Milan were coasting all game against Catania today, played really well, Robinho was fantastic, Ibra was amazing too. Zambrotta scored a rare goal and something pretty special happened atound the 80th minute.

Robinho came off for Inzaghi and the crowd gave him a cheer and a clap, standard stuff, he had a good game and deserved it but what happened after that was fantastic.

The second Inzaghi crossed the touchline the fans went insane, I'd never heard a bigger cheer to a player coming onto a a pitch, was a fantastic welcome and reminded that he is still loved for a man struggling to get minutes this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Seaneh wrote: »
    Milan were coasting all game against Catania today, played really well, Robinho was fantastic, Ibra was amazing too. Zambrotta scored a rare goal and something pretty special happened atound the 80th minute.

Robinho came off for Inzaghi and the crowd gave him a cheer and a clap, standard stuff, he had a good game and deserved it but what happened after that was fantastic.

The second Inzaghi crossed the touchline the fans went insane, I'd never heard a bigger cheer to a player coming onto a a pitch, was a fantastic welcome and reminded that he is still loved for a man struggling to get minutes this season.

Yeah, Pipo's some lad alright. Love how he'll be offside ten times in a game, with his side 4-0 up in an absolute dead rubber, then taps in number 5 on the goalline, then celebtrates like he's scored the winner in the 89th minute of a world cup final. He just loves scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Seaneh wrote: »

Great to see him back. Lots of players wouldn't have bothered trying to get back at his age. Hopefully he can score a couple more goals and celebrate like a lunatic as ony he can.

Anyone following the trial in Naples?

Luciano Moggi, Fiorentina owners Diego and Andrea Della Valle and Lazio President Claudio Lotito were all found guilty of sporting fraud. None of them will actually serve their jail time though. Moggi's lawyers are going to appeal.

Here is the Juventus statement on the outcome of the trial:

"Today’s decision stated Juventus’ non involvement with the matters charged.

The Club was taken to the court of Naples as civilly liable entity by way of objective liability according to Art. 2049 Italian Civil Code. The decision emerged from the result of a thorough hearing and from the analysis of all evidences, clashed with the reality of an inaccurate sports law which severely penalized Juventus, the sole club damaged due to the removal of two titles - following the victories achieved on the pitch - with consequent relegation and related extensive losses.

Juventus will continue their legitimate campaigns in order to restore the equality of treatment."

Juventus were cleared of any responsibility regarding Moggi's (confirmed by the court) wrongdoings.

The club was not to be held responsible for what one of its employees was doing. This seems very convenient for Inter and Milan. It sets it up for them not to be punished for what their employees were doing (even though Juventus were already punished).

On the other hand, in a logical world this would seem to greatly improve Juve's chances of getting the stripped titles back. We are dealing with the Italian "justice" system here though.

As far as I understand, the judge in this trial refused to consider the new evidence that Moggi brought up in this trial. This included wiretaps implicating other clubs (including Facchetti of Inter). These wiretaps were never made available at the original kangaroo court that relegated Juve and stripped the two titles.

It's clear that the people now running Juve are intent on distancing themselves from Moggi. They have celebrated this verdict despite Moggi being convicted. They didn't invite Moggi to the opening of the new stadium (even Moratti was invited!!).

• Advertisement
Advertisement