Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Looks like Napoli pulled the wool over the FIGC's eyes regarding the "flooding" situation in Naples last weekend. You don't need to know Italian to understand the evidence here! Good old De Laurentis, why play an on-fire Juve when you don't have to :D

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=IE#/watch?v=XLAxpPSmIg8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

grenache wrote: »
    Looks like Napoli pulled the wool over the FIGC's eyes regarding the "flooding" situation in Naples last weekend. You don't need to know Italian to understand the evidence here! Good old De Laurentis, why play an on-fire Juve when you don't have to :D

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=IE#/watch?v=XLAxpPSmIg8

I've seen those allegations alright. :P

There were actually floods in other areas though. The reason given for calling off the match was that the emergency services were busy with the floods so couldn't guarantee safety at the match. I don't know if that's true or not but it is convenient for Napoli! Especially after playing Bayern a couple of days earlier.

Press release:

Today, JUVENTUS FOOTBALL CLUB S.p.A. have appealed to the Regional Administrative Court of Lazio, according to Art. 30 of the Code of Administrative Procedure, against FIGC [Italian Football Federation] and towards F.C. INTERNAZIONALE s.p.a., claiming for a sentence concerning the unfair damages due to the unfounded practice of the administrative activity and to the non-practice of the compulsory activity related to the provisions adopted by FIGC in the summer 2006 and 2011. Through this action, JUVENTUS intend to ascertain the inequality of treatment and the illegal behaviours which generated the same, thus obtaining the compensation for the severe damages which are conservatively valued several hundred million Euros for minor revenue, brand depreciation, opportunity and chance losses, costs and expenses.

The appeal follows the decision by the President of TNAS [National Sports Arbitration Court] dated 9 September 2011, which remitted the club to the Regional Administrative Court as far as the damages are concerned and within the broadest strategy of Juventus’ safeguard, as announced in the press conference occurred on 10 August 2011.

Juve are suing the FIGC and Inter for €443,700,000.

79.1 (Lack of participation in European cups) + 60 (transfers of players written down below cost) + 41.6 (missed television rights) + 110 (loss of brand value) +20 (two-year delay in building new properties) + 133 (a decrease of the shares of Juventus) = 443.7 Million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Inter v Cagliari kicks off in about half an hour, line-ups are:

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 42 Jonathan, 23 Ranocchia, 25 Samuel, 4 Zanetti; 5 Stankovic, 8 Thiago Motta, 19 Cambiasso; 10 Sneijder; 28 Zarate, 7 Pazzini.
    Subs: 12 Castellazzi, 2 Cordoba, 18 Poli, 20 Obi, 22 Milito, 29 Coutinho, 37 Faraoni.

Cagliari: 1 Agazzi; 14 Pisano, 21 Canini, 3 Ariaudo, 31 Agostini; 8 Biondini, 5 Conti, 4 Nainggolan; 20 Ekdal; 19 Thiago Ribeiro, 18 Nené.
    Subs: 25 Avramov, 2 Gozzi, 9 Larrivey, 23 Ibarbo, 24 Parico, 30 Rui Sampaio, 32 Ceppelini.

Good first half between Juve and Palermo. Buffon seems to be back to his best. Chiellini and Bonucci still shaky though.

Currently in Italia for a week visiting some Italian friends. Heading to Lazio - Juve game on Saturday in Rome with two Juve friends. Hope to take some good pictures. Should be fun.

Watched the Napoli - City game on Tuesday with some other Napoli fans in Irish pub in Siena. Incredible performance from the team, backed by the most vociferous tifosi in Europe. Gonna stick up some classic Napolitan commentary of the game when i get the chance, it's absolutely priceless :D

Milan can consider themselves unlucky against Barca. Did quite well with limited possession, lovely goal from Ibra and very soft penalty decision.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Milan can consider themselves unlucky against Barca. Did quite well with limited possession, lovely goal from Ibra and very soft penalty decision.

Boateng's wasn't bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I see Milan have opened talks with Carlos Tevez.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Currently in Italia for a week visiting some Italian friends. Heading to Lazio - Juve game on Saturday in Rome with two Juve friends. Hope to take some good pictures. Should be fun.

Watched the Napoli - City game on Tuesday with some other Napoli fans in Irish pub in Siena. Incredible performance from the team, backed by the most vociferous tifosi in Europe. Gonna stick up some classic Napolitan commentary of the game when i get the chance, it's absolutely priceless :D

Hope your mates will be sad come saturday evening :D
    Should be a good game, big crowd (5000 Juventus fans), fantastic atmosphere,...

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

soft pen ? LOL. They were lucky not to be rightfully down to 10 men.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Luis21 wrote: »

^This

But they did give a VERY good account of them selves over the two matches. I'd almost rate them ahead of the top Prem teams at this stage :/

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Hope your mates will be sad come saturday evening :D
    Should be a good game, big crowd (5000 Juventus fans), fantastic atmosphere,...
    From a Napoli point of view i'm hoping for a draw, but I don't suspect. Juve fans will be going home sad this time. They're on a bit of a roll at the moment. Lazio defence is good though, they don't give away many goals. Does anyone know if Klose will be back? With Juve's momentum i will go for them to nick a 1-0 victory in a close game. Matri to score.

Luis21 wrote: »

There was minimal contact, i've seen many refs wave play on for such innocuous challenges.

From a Napoli point of view i'm hoping for a draw, but I don't suspect. Juve fans will be going home sad this time. They're on a bit of a roll at the moment. Lazio defence is good though, they don't give away many goals. Does anyone know if Klose will be back? With Juve's momentum i will go for them to nick a 1-0 victory in a close game. Matri to score.

Klose should be available yes.

Lazio v Juve kicks off in about 15mins, should be a good game, I'm hoping for a draw. Line-ups are:

Lazio: Marchetti; Konko, Diakite, Stankevicius, Radu; Ledesma, Brocchi, Lulic; Hernanes; Rocchi, Klose
    Bench: Carrizo, Biava, Scaloni, Cana, Gonzalez, Sculli, Cisse

Juve: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio; Pepe, Matri, Vucinic
    Bench: Storari, De Ceglie, Pazienza, Estigarribia, Giaccherini, Quagliarella, Del Piero

Pepe makes it 1-0 Juve, very good game so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Conte seems to be building a very, very good Juve side.

Should be 2-0 up.

The counterattack was perfection.

Lazio always dangerous though.

If Del Piero comes on it will be his 700th game for an Italian club. 686th for Juve.

Yeah, Conte seems to have them playing as a team, which they didn't do last year, and this combined with some very good business in the summer(Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo and Vucinic signed for a combined total of less than €40m) is what has made the difference imo.

This has been a great game, could easily have been a few goals more and I can't see it finishing like this.

What a save from Marchetti!

2-0 and the game would have been over.

• Advertisement

Juve win 1-0.

Pepe, Lichtsteiner, Matri, Pirlo, Vidal all excellent.

Only managed to see the last half hour, in which Lazio did **** all.

Juve had a brilliant first half and a much quieter second, but did enough overall to win IMO. Pirlo was struggling with a knee injury and didn't have a great game. He gave the ball away more than usual. Matri was excellent. He's really growing into that role in the centre of the front three.

For Lazio, Diakite had the best game I've ever seen him have. I've always thought he was rubbish.

Just arrived back in Tuscany from the game in Rome tonight. What a classic arena the Stadio Olimpico is. From a distance the blue v pink colours looked like boys v girls. Only the ones who played like girls were in the bright azzurri shirts! Juve should have won this game by 3 goals or more. In Barzagli and Chiellini they had two rocks at the back, gave nothing away all night. Vidal linked very well all night with goal-scorer Pepe, who was by some distance the MOM. Pirlo didn't look as sharp obviously and gave away the ball more often than usual, but most of Juve's good play revolved around him. I actually thought Matri had a below average performance, the one glorious chance that came his way was brilliantly saved by Marchetti.

Klose was as ineffective as i've ever seen him, his work rate didn't impress me, and he seemed to spend most of his time giving out to team mates and the linesman. Lazio's best guys were Diakitè, Rocchi and Brocchi, in that order. The rest were toothless.

Chant of the night came from the Juve fans when Cissé was introduced for Lazio. Basically how Cissé had spent a night in a private men's club with Totti's wife Ilaria Blasi.

*On a separate note, some of Lazio's "fans" showed themselves up again by firing a large banger into the Juve section. Mayhem insued around a small part of the South Stand for a few minutes. Don't think the tv cameras captured it.

Siena v Inter just kicked off, line-ups are:

Siena: 1 Brkic; 2 Vitiello, 13 Rossettini, 19 Terzi, 3 Del Grosso; 70 Mannini, 10 D'Agostino, 14 Gazzi, 23 Brienza; 11 Calaiò, 9 Larrondo
    Bench: 25 Pegolo, 6 Angelo, 18 Gonzalez, 27 Belmonte, 36 Bolzoni, 80 Contini, 83 Reginaldo

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 4 Zanetti, 23 Ranocchia, 25 Samuel, 55 Nagatomo; 8 Thiago Motta; 11 Alvarez, 5 Stankovic, 19 Cambiasso, 28 Zarate; 7 Pazzini
    IBench: 12 Castellazzi, 2 Cordoba, 16 Caldirola, 18 Poli, 20 Obi, 22 Milito, 30 Castaignos

Mutu's second goal was a beauty.

• Advertisement

And his first goal was just sheer cheek. Even more so because he ran up to the Genoa keeper to commisserate with him! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Anybody watching Napoli-Juve?

Hamsik scored a peno and ran to celebrate down in the underground tunnel. He appeared back after about 20 seconds to find out he has to take it again. Then he sent the 2nd peno miles over the bar :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Anybody watching Napoli-Juve?

Hamsik scored a peno and ran to celebrate down in the underground tunnel. He appeared back after about 20 seconds to find out he has to take it again. Then he sent the 2nd peno miles over the bar :pac:

ya, streaming it tho!

funny about the penalty alright, I hope napoli win, don't want juve running away with it

hamsik just made amends now tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Turned on just after the peno. Looks like domination from Napoli, juve just slowing it down and getting into it in the last 5 minutes.

Juve have been awful so far. Napoli have gotten lucky with their goals, offside for the 1st and the deflection to put Pandev through. Napoli have been the better team though.

• Advertisement

All Juve now!

What a goal from Pandev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

great goal by pandev!

Turned into a great game! COME ON JUVE!!!

BOO YEAH!

Cracking game, Pandev out of nowhere has got two decent goals.

Hang in there Napoli!!

Serie A is boring eh

that juve equaliser was coming. We just cannot defend.

Juve chances keep falling to Chiellini

Napoli players go down very easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Pretty annoying game to only see the second half. My stream also froze for Pandev's second so all I got to see were three Juve goals:mad:

Based on the second half they were value for a point, but it's pretty devastating to give up a two goal lead twice at home.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Napoli players go down very easy
    I prefer to think of it as them putting their body in the way of the ball :D

http://www.gqitalia.it/sport/articles/2011/11/cavani-segna-terremoto-a-napoli-scossa-sismica-al-gol-del-matador-durante-napoli-manchester-city

it's in Italian, but if you click on the link you'll see the literally seismic effect of Cavani's goals for Napoli against City last week. Quite amazing, only in Naples could this happen.

http://www.gqitalia.it/sport/articles/2011/11/cavani-segna-terremoto-a-napoli-scossa-sismica-al-gol-del-matador-durante-napoli-manchester-city

it's in Italian, but if you click on the link you'll see the literally seismic effect of Cavani's goals for Napoli against City last week. Quite amazing, only in Naples could this happen.

Sounded like bombs going off after the second Napoli goal tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

It is just impossible to hold on to a lead when we are constantly looking to play on the counter and we are constantly having to deal with having Aronica in our starting 11.

Bit miffed with the result but in fairness to Pepe he kept going and took his chance very well.

Agree, solo a Napule potrebbe succedere!

What a game tonight. Italian football is boring...yeah right! :rolleyes:

3-3 fair result overall.

Not many teams will take 3 points off Napoli at the San Paolo.

population wrote: »
    It is just impossible to hold on to a lead when we are constantly looking to play on the counter and we are constantly having to deal with having Aronica in our starting 11.

Bit miffed with the result but in fairness to Pepe he kept going and took his chance very well.
    Nail on the head, Mazzari is going to have to adapt his tactics or else face a mid-table finish. Aronica came up with the squad all the way from Serie C - and it definitely shows.

Nail on the head, Mazzari is going to have to adapt his tactics or else face a mid-table finish. Aronica came up with the squad all the way from Serie C - and it definitely shows.

I expect us to go on a pretty strong run over the non-European football period and be in the top 4 and closer to Juve and Milan by February. I'd agree though that a good defensive signing is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Rumours of Pippo heading to Napoli. Wouldn't mind but a bit of a strange one given Pandev has just come into form.

• Advertisement

population wrote: »
    Rumours of Pippo heading to Napoli. Wouldn't mind but a bit of a strange one given Pandev has just come into form.

Pointless signing but it'd be epic!

Advertisement