Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Inter v Udinese kicks off in 45 mins, Line-ups are:

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 4 Zanetti, 23 Ranocchia, 25 Samuel, 26 Chivu; 37 Faraoni, 8 Thiago Motta, 19 Cambiasso, 11 Alvarez; 7 Pazzini, 22 Milito.
    Bench: 12 Castellazzi, 2 Cordoba, 5 Stankovic, 18 Poli, 28 Zarate, 30 Castaignos. 55 Nagatomo.

Udinese: 1 Handanovic; 17 Benatia, 5 Danilo, 32 Ferronetti; 8 Basta, 3 Isla, 66 Pinzi, 20 Asamoah, 27 Armero; 25 Torje; 10 Di Natale.
    Bench: 21 Padelli, 7 Badu, 24 Ekstrand, 26 Pasquale, 30 Doubai, 31 Fabbrini, 83 Floro Flores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Just watched Napoli - Juventus.

Horrific defending throughout by Juve. I'm not quite sure what was going on with Juve's formation either. Most of the time it looked like
    Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini

Lichtsteiner Vidal Pirlo Pepe Estigarribia

Vucinic Matri

Lichtsteiner was destroyed by Zuniga. Bonucci and Chiellini were at fault for goals. It was bad positioning and a stupid tackle by Pirlo for the penalty.
    Pepe was decent running forward with the ball, but didn't know what to do when Napoli had the ball. He's not a central player.
    Vucinic and Matri were fairly good in the second half after not getting any supply for the first half.
    It's sad to see Del Piero reduced to playing 2 minutes a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Some finish to the Inter match, Zanetti sent off and gives away a peno, Di Natale misses it, ball goes down the other end, peno Inter, Pazzini slips taking it and blazes it over, then another sending off :eek:

What an end to the game, in the last 5 mins 2 pens, one saved by Cesar and one missed by Pazzini, 2 sending offs, Zanetti and Ferronetti. And still 2 mins of stoppage time to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Some finish to the Inter match, Zanetti sent off and gives away a peno, Di Natale misses it, ball goes down the other end, peno Inter, Pazzini slips taking it and blazes it over, then another sending off :eek:

And they say the Italian League is boring!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Blatter wrote: »
    And they say the Italian League is boring!:pac:

It was unbelievable!

And thats how it finished, 1-0 to Udinese, Inters season just keeps getting worse, but what can be done to change things? Can't blame Ranieri,the problems have been there since before he took over, the players have to take the blame at this stage. It just goes to show how good of a job Leonardo did really, and how much of a mistake selling Eto'o was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

2 penalties missed at the end.

That definitely wasn't fixed :pac:

dor83 wrote: »
    And thats how it finished, 1-0 to Udinese, Inters season just keeps getting worse, but what can be done to change things? Can't blame Ranieri,the problems have been there since before he took over, the players have to take the blame at this stage. It just goes to show how good of a job Leonardo did really, and how much of a mistake selling Eto'o was.

Awful transfers too. Pandev being allowed to go to Napoli on loan was a strange one. Easy picking on Pazzini after tonight but he is useless. Milito is showing signs of coming back to some sort of form, but when you look at the goals they are lacking from and top-form Milito, Eto'o gone and Sneijder getting injured more often and not chipping in with as many goals as he used to anyway they are going to struggle. I can't see them even making the Europa League places this season.

Awful transfers too. Pandev being allowed to go to Napoli on loan was a strange one.

Pandev was shite for Inter.

I think they'll end up in the top 7 or 8 this season.

Very rare red card for Zanetti today.

• Advertisement

Awful transfers too. Pandev being allowed to go to Napoli on loan was a strange one.
    Pinturicchio is right, he was beyond useless for us last season, nearly as bad as Muntari, I was glad to see him go.
    Easy picking on Pazzini after tonight but he is useless.
    Pazzini is Inters best forward, he is in bad form(who isn't for us) but he also needs better service than he's getting at the moment.
    Milito is showing signs of coming back to some sort of form, but when you look at the goals they are lacking from and top-form Milito, Eto'o gone and Sneijder getting injured more often and not chipping in with as many goals as he used to anyway they are going to struggle.
    Milito was poor last year and has been poor this year, if he doesn't improve drastically by the end of the season he should be sold for whatever we can get. I don't like Milito anyway, loved him in his first season but when he demanded a pay rise after only one season I started to dislike him, that is exactly what is wrong with modern football imo, too many players are all about the money.

While Eto'o is a huge loss there are bigger problems with the team as a whole than just not scoring, Samuel and Lucio look like they have forgotten how to defend, Ranocchia still has plenty to learn, and Chivu is not good enough as a LB. As for Sneijder, I wish he had been sold instead of Eto'o, Sneijder is paid way too much and doesn't work half as hard for the team as Eto'o did, at least Eto'o gave his all and earned his high wages.
    I can't see them even making the Europa League places this season.
    Like Pinturicchio, I reckon we'll end up in the top 8, but that is not good enough for a team like Inter, no more than it was for Juve the last couple of years.

Well Inter are only 8 points off 4th place so you never know what could happen. It's a gap that could be closed significantly in a few weeks after a run of wins.

Unfortunately for Inter, they don't look like putting together a run of wins at the moment but things can change in football very quickly as we all know. They just need something to click and build on from there.

Pinturicchio is right, he was beyond useless for us last season, nearly as bad as Muntari, I was glad to see him go.
    Pazzini is Inters best forward, he is in bad form(who isn't for us) but he also needs better service than he's getting at the moment.
    Milito was poor last year and has been poor this year, if he doesn't improve drastically by the end of the season he should be sold for whatever we can get. I don't like Milito anyway, loved him in his first season but when he demanded a pay rise after only one season I started to dislike him, that is exactly what is wrong with modern football imo, too many players are all about the money.

While Eto'o is a huge loss there are bigger problems with the team as a whole than just not scoring, Samuel and Lucio look like they have forgotten how to defend, Ranocchia still has plenty to learn, and Chivu is not good enough as a LB. As for Sneijder, I wish he had been sold instead of Eto'o, Sneijder is paid way too much and doesn't work half as hard for the team as Eto'o did, at least Eto'o gave his all and earned his high wages.
    Like Pinturicchio, I reckon we'll end up in the top 8, but that is not good enough for a team like Inter, no more than it was for Juve the last couple of years.

Milito probably deserved a pay rise at the time. What did you expect, him to be different from every other footballer?. He was one of the top 5 finishers in Europe for that season, it just turns out he's gone severely downhill since. We'll have to disagree on Pazzini, i think he is poor. Have Inter been linked with any other forward in the transfer window?. Even getting in someone on loan till the summer would be better than sticking with what they have. Eto'o already in his 30's, i don't know what exact transfer fee Inter received but it was rumoured to be around €25 million, not a bad bit of business considering his age, but its crucial for a club of Inter's stature to replace him properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Always had an interest but only started following Serie A closely recently, was on holidays and saw a lot of it and got kinda hooked....FAR superior to la liga, better all round standard, as opposed to real,barca and the rest in spain.

Really impressed with Udinese, they've come a long way since losing to Arsenal, Di Natale is still scoring for the craic and Isla looks class. Some game last night, what a finish to it too, its sad to see Inter go into such decline though, though Moratti being more impatient than Abramovic if he was on the board of real Madrid doesnt help..Wouldnt be a bit surprised if Ranieri gets scapegoated and loses his job too. Not his fault either in the slightest, if he had maicon and sneijder fit and eto'o wasnt sold they wouldnt be in near as big a mess... They really didn't know how good they had it even with Bobby Manc before Mourinho though...

Milito probably deserved a pay rise at the time. What did you expect, him to be different from every other footballer?. He was one of the top 5 finishers in Europe for that season, it just turns out he's gone severely downhill since.
    It wasn't that he asked for or got the pay rise that bothered me, it was the way he went about it. He signed a contract and then only a year later he threatened to leave if he didn't get more money and, for me, any player who treats the club like that should be sold, regardless of how good they are. It is something that really bothers me about modern football, players thinking they are bigger than the club.
    We'll have to disagree on Pazzini, i think he is poor. Have Inter been linked with any other forward in the transfer window?. Even getting in someone on loan till the summer would be better than sticking with what they have.
    When, or if, the team starts playing well again and providing chances for the forwards we have, it won't be a problem imo. While we don't have a top world class forward, we do have good players, Pazzini and Milito just need to find form again, Forlan is still a good player, and Zarate can be a very good player if he actually works for it.
    Eto'o already in his 30's, i don't know what exact transfer fee Inter received but it was rumoured to be around €25 million, not a bad bit of business considering his age, but its crucial for a club of Inter's stature to replace him properly.
    We can't afford a top player, Moratti is trying to set the club up so we are ok when the FFP comes in and unfortunately we don't have the revenue to be able to get the top players at the moment. The most likely thing to happen will be we that next summer Sneijder is sold and with the money saved by that, and all the dead wood like Muntari leaving, we should be able to start to rebuild the team from there.

Watching Fiorentina v Roma, another bizarre game this weekend, Roma down to 8 men!

Watching Fiorentina v Roma, another bizarre game this weekend, Roma down to 8 men!
    Things just keep getting worse for them too, who would have predicted that after 12 and 13 games played Inter and Roma would have 6 losses each.

Apparently Zarate and Alvarez went straight to a nightclub right after the loss to Udinese and were there until almost dawn. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Have to say its a great night for people who love Serie A and have to deal with the usual "Serie A is rubbish", "Serie A is boring", "Theres no money Bill, the crowds arent going to games" etc etc etc :D

To think as well, Udinese really should have knocked Arsenal out in the qualifiers if they took their chances.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Best League in the world my arse! Forza Calico! Forza Italia! Well done Napoli!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

More teams in the last 16 than La Liga and EPL. :D

Inter v Fiorentina kicks off in about 40 mins, line-ups are:

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar, 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 55 Nagatomo; 37 Faraoni, 8 Thiago Motta, 19 Cambiasso, 29 Coutinho; 7 Pazzini, 22 Milito.
    Subs: 12 Castellazzi, 2 Cordoba, 11 Alvarez, 18 Poli, 28 Zarate, 30 Castaignos, 77 Muntari.

Fiorentina: 1 Boruc; 29 De Silvestri, 5 Gamberini, 14 Natali, 23 Pasqual; 85 Behrami, 20 Munari, 21 Lazzari, 6 Vargas; 22 Ljajic; 11 Gilardino.
    Subs: 89 Neto, 10 Silva, 13 Kharja, 15 Nastasic, 17 Salifu, 28 Romizi, 92 Romulo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Inter v Fiorentina kicks off in about 40 mins, line-ups are:

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar, 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 55 Nagatomo; 37 Faraoni, 8 Thiago Motta, 19 Cambiasso, 29 Coutinho; 7 Pazzini, 22 Milito.
    Subs: 12 Castellazzi, 2 Cordoba, 11 Alvarez, 18 Poli, 28 Zarate, 30 Castaignos, 77 Muntari.

Fiorentina: 1 Boruc; 29 De Silvestri, 5 Gamberini, 14 Natali, 23 Pasqual; 85 Behrami, 20 Munari, 21 Lazzari, 6 Vargas; 22 Ljajic; 11 Gilardino.
    Subs: 89 Neto, 10 Silva, 13 Kharja, 15 Nastasic, 17 Salifu, 28 Romizi, 92 Romulo.

Is Montolivio injured for Fiorentina?

grenache wrote: »
    Is Montolivio injured for Fiorentina?

Yeah, think it's a thigh injury and he could miss next weeks game for them too.

Jaysus the ref today was piss, clear hand ball by Seedorf and no penalty given and then 10 seconds later on the other end a Milan player knocked over in the box and again nothing, Ramírez sent off for nothing, he was absolutely shocking. Game was very exciting, first tow goals were cracking from Seedorf and Di Vaio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Seaneh wrote: »
    Jaysus the ref today was piss, clear hand ball by Seedorf and no penalty given and then 10 seconds later on the other end a Milan player knocked over in the box and again nothing, Ramírez sent off for nothing, he was absolutely shocking. Game was very exciting, first tow goals were cracking from Seedorf and Di Vaio

Ref was indeed shocking. Ameila deserved red for his tackle on Di Vaio when he scored, and then he turned down two penalties for Bologna, while dishing out yellow cards and giving very few to Milan. Another clear case of ref bias. At least it didnt ruin the game totally.
    Ramírez sent off for nothing

He got a yellow. Not a red.

What does it have to do with football besides it happening near the stadium and the idiots chanting?

Not really surprising, in northern Italy there is a major issue with illegal gypsy sites and people like The Northern League have a lot of support.

What does it have to do with football besides it happening near the stadium and the idiots chanting?

Not really surprising, in northern Italy there is a major issue with illegal gypsy sites and people like The Northern League have a lot of support.

"Paola Bragantini, Turin secretary for Italy's centre-left Democratic party, said the mob that attacked the camp at the weekend was made up of hardcore, or "ultra", Juventus supporters."

I don't know if that's true or not, but I woudn't be that surprised if it was. A high proportion of Juventus ultras seem to be complete fuckwits.

• Advertisement

I'd say it has a lot more to do with the fact that their are nationalist northern Italians than being football fans.

Roma v Juve kicks off in a few mins, Line-ups are:

Roma: Stekelenburg; Taddei, De Rossi, Heinze, Josè Angel; Pjanic, Viviani, Greco; Lamela, Totti, Osvaldo
    Bench: Lobont, Cicinho, Rosi, Simplicio, Perrotta, Caprari, Borriello

Juventus: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio; Estigarribia, Matri, Pepe
    Bench: Storari, Pazienza, De Ceglie, Elia, Giaccherini, Del Piero, Quagliarella

Genoa v Inter kicks off at 7:45, a win would put Inter up to 7th and only 1 point behind Napoli in 5th, which would be a good start to the recovery considering how far behind we were a few weeks ago. Line-ups are:

Genoa: 1 Frey; 3 Dainelli, 5 Granqvist, 13 Kaladze, 24 Moretti; 20 Mesto, 7 Rossi, 4 Veloso, 27 Constant; 52 Merkel, 9 Ze Eduardo.
    Subs: 22 Lupatelli, 2 Pratto, 11 Jankovic, 14 Seymour, 19 Jorquera, 32 Marchiori, 99 Caracciolo.

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 4 Zanetti, 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 55 Nagatomo; 37 Faraoni, 8 Thiago Motta, 19 Cambiasso, 18 Poli; 22 Milito, 7 Pazzini.
    Subs: 12 Castellazzi, 2 Cordoba, 9 Forlan, 11 Alvarez, 20 Obi, 28 Zarate, 77 Muntari.

Milan v Arsenal
    inter v Marseille
    Napoli v Chelsea

i think all 3 of the italian sides have a good chance of going through!

Chelsea - yessssssss!

Having a good giggle at the posts on the Chelsea thread. All agree that Napoli were one of the most difficult draws they could get after Barca, yet all of them still think they'll win the tie :pac:

You've got to have nothing but disdain for any team containing Cole and that diving cheat Drogba. Hopefully he'll be off to China in January anyway, being the shallow money obsessed individual that he is.

The game at San Paolo should be fun. I hope to be there. Sincerely hope we rip them several new ones.

Forza Grande Napoli!

Line-ups for Cesena v Inter:

Cesena: 1 Antonioli; 16 Comotto, 25 Von Bergen, 2 Rodriguez, 6 Lauro; 18 Parolo, 5 Guana, 77 Ceccarelli; 10 Mutu, 8 Candreva; 7 Eder.
    Substitutes: 88 Ravaglia, 4 Ricci, 17 Malonga, 23 Djokovic, 28 Benalouane, 32 Ghezzal, 70 Bogdani.

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 23 Ranocchia, 55 Nagatomo; 4 Zanetti, 8 Thiago Motta, 19 Cambiasso, 29 Coutinho; 7 Pazzini, 22 Milito.
    Substitutes: 12 Castellazzi, 5 Stankovic, 9 Forlan, 11 Alvarez, 20 Obi, 25 Samuel, 28 Zarate.

And Juve v Novara:

Juventus: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, De Ceglie; Giaccherini, Pirlo, Marchisio; Pepe, Quagliarella, Del Piero

Novara: Ujkani; Morganella, Dellafiore, Ludi, Centurioni, Gemiti; Marianini, Radovanovic, Rigoni; Meggiorini, Rubino

• Advertisement

Two big games tonight, Napoli v Roma(Live on ESPN):

Napoli: De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica; Maggio, Inler, Gargano, Dossena; Hamsik, Lavezzi; Cavani
    Bench: Rosati, Fernandez, Zuniga, Dzemaili, Santana, Pandev, Mascara

Roma: Stekelenburg; Rosi, Juan, Heinze, Taddei; Simplicio, De Rossi, Greco; Totti; Osvaldo, Lamela
    Bench: Curci, Jose Angel, Rosi, Cicinho, Perrotta, Viviani, Borriello, Bojanht,

And Lazio v Udinese(Live on Setanta Ireland):

Lazio: 1 Bizzarri; 21 Diakitè, 3 Dias, 26 Radu; 39 Cavanda, 15 Gonzalez, 24 Ledesma, 19 Lulic, 7 Sculli; 25 Klose, 9 Rocchi
    Bench: 84 Carrizo, 5 Scaloni, 33 Stankevicius, 27 Cana, 18 Kozak, 8 Hernanes, 99 Cissè

Udinese: 1 Handanovic; 17 Benatia, 5 Danilo, 32 Ferronetti; 8 Basta, 3 Isla, 66 Pinzi, 20 Asamoah, 26 Pasquale; 83 Floro Flores; 25 Torje
    Bench: 21 Padelli, 11 Domizzi, 27 Armero, Sissoko, 23 Abdi, 31 Fabbrini, 10 Di Natale

What the hell were Napoli playing at there? 1-0 Roma, De Sanctis O.G.

I didn't see the game, but that's a most disappointing result for Napoli. 1 win in 7 now, there will be no top 3 finish this year. Mazzari badly needs to buy a solid centre half in January. Aronica is a walking liability, and Dossena at wing back simply cannot defend.

If there is a true definition of "lucky", Roma were it on Sunday night.

On another day Napoli could have scored 6.

The big game for tonight kicks off in 15 mins, line-ups are:

Udinese: Handanovic; Ferronetti, Danilo, Domizzi; Basta, Isla, Pinzi, Asamoah, Armero; Abdi; Di Natale
    Bench: Padelli, Neuton, Doubai, Pereyra, Pasquale, Fabbrini, Floro Flores

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal, Estigarribia; Pepe, Matri
    Bench: Storari, De Ceglie, Pazienza, Elia, Giaccherini, Del Piero, Quagliarella

• Advertisement

The big game for tonight kicks off in 15 mins, line-ups are:

Udinese: Handanovic; Ferronetti, Danilo, Domizzi; Basta, Isla, Pinzi, Asamoah, Armero; Abdi; Di Natale
    Bench: Padelli, Neuton, Doubai, Pereyra, Pasquale, Fabbrini, Floro Flores

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal, Estigarribia; Pepe, Matri
    Bench: Storari, De Ceglie, Pazienza, Elia, Giaccherini, Del Piero, Quagliarella
    Good first half. I love how tactically flexible Juve are under Conte. When Ferrara and Zaccheroni tried changing formations it went horribly wrong. Conte's team shifts between 4-3-3, 3-5-1-1, 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 seamlessly.

I wondered why Estigarribia was signed when there were already so many wingers in the squad, but it seems he was signed to play left wing back.

Good first half. I love how tactically flexible Juve are under Conte. When Ferrara and Zaccheroni tried changing formations it went horribly wrong. Conte's team shifts between 4-3-3, 3-5-1-1, 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 seamlessly.

I wondered why Estigarribia was signed when there were already so many wingers in the squad, but it seems he was signed to play left wing back.
    Yeah it has been a decent game, needs a goal or two though.

Conte has made a big difference alright, and it's surprising that he has been doing it without Quagliarella and very little use of Krasic and Del Piero too. I never would have thought that Pepe would be a regular starter this season, I also have to admit I seriously doubted that Matri was good enough for them too.

Yeah it has been a decent game, needs a goal or two though.

Conte has made a big difference alright, and it's surprising that he has been doing it without Quagliarella and very little use of Krasic and Del Piero too. I never would have thought that Pepe would be a regular starter this season, I also have to admit I seriously doubted that Matri was good enough for them too.
    Matri was really poor tonight. I'm not 100% sure about him yet.

Pepe has been excellent.

He's been forced to work without Quagliarella until recently. I think he'll feature a lot more from now on. Krasic has just been useless whenever he has played. He hasn't even been making the bench recently.

It has been hard for Del Piero to get a chance when it has mostly been one striker formations.

Matri was really poor tonight. I'm not 100% sure about him yet.

Pepe has been excellent.

He's been forced to work without Quagliarella until recently. I think he'll feature a lot more from now on. Krasic has just been useless whenever he has played. He hasn't even been making the bench recently.

It has been hard for Del Piero to get a chance when it has mostly been one striker formations.
    Yeah, I understand the reasons for it but it's just that if you told me at the end of last season that Juve would be in the position they are now with Pepe and Matri as starters I would have said you were crazy. It just shows how good some of their summer transfers were, Lichtsteiner, Pirlo and Vidal in particular were excellent signings.

On another note, Inter v Lecce kicks off at 7:45, should be a win for Inter but I have a bad feeling about this for some reason. Line-ups are:

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 55 Nagatomo; 37 Faraoni, 4 Zanetti, 8 Thiago Motta, 11 Alvarez; 9 Forlan, 7 Pazzini.
    Bench: 12 Castellazzi, 2 Cordoba, 19 Cambiasso, 20 Obi, 22 Milito, 29 Coutinho, 30 Castaignos.

Lecce: 1 Gabrieli; 30 Oddo, 40 Tomovic, 13 Ferrario; 7 Cuadrado, 18 Giacomazzi, 8 Obodo, 10 Olivera, 28 Brivio; 24 Muriel, 17 Di Michele.
    Bench:50 Turbacci, 9 Corvia, 16 Diamoutene, 20 Bergougnoux, 21 Grossmuller, 22 Piatti, 77 Pasquato.

It should be easy for Inter. I haven't seen Lecce yet this season but they look very weak on paper.

Faraoni preferred to Cambiasso?

Faraoni preferred to Cambiasso?
    He has been playing 4-4-2 lately, instead of the 4-3-1-2 he was playing, so he is using Faraoni and Alvarez on the wings, and also uses Coutinho and Obi there too. It will be interesting to see what happens when Sneijder is fit again because I don't think he suits 4-4-2.

I'm glad to see Forlan starting too, Milito has been useless and I also think Forlan will suit Pazzini better too.

The San Siro is looking really empty.

The San Siro is looking really empty.
    Yeah, but it is Lecce so you wouldn't exactly expect a big crowd, and it is an 80,000 seater so 25-30k would look like a very small crowd.

1-1 at half time, Lecce took the lead and Inter hit the woodwork 4 times before Pazzini leveled it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement