Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Inter v Lazio kicks off soon, line-ups are:

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 26 Chivu; 11 Alvarez, 4 Zanetti, 19 Cambiasso, 55 Nagatomo; 7 Pazzini, 22 Milito
    Bench: 12 Castellazzi, 10 Sneijder, 18 Poli, 20 Obi, 23 Ranocchia, 28 Zarate, 37 Faraoni

Lazio: 22 Marchetti; 78 Zauri, 20 Biava, 3 Dias, 26 Radu; 19 Lulic, 24 Ledesma, 15 Gonzalez; 8 Hernanes; 9 Rocchi, 25 Klose
    Bench: 1 Bizzarri, 5 Scaloni, 11 Matuzalem, 21 Diakitè, 29 Konko, 81 Del Nero, 99 Cissè

0-0 at half time in the Coppa Italia quarter-final between Napoli and Inter, not a bad game so far but Sneijder needs to be taken off before he gets sent off, he got a deserved yellow for shooting well after the whistle, should have got a straight red for a tackle on Gargano and could have been carded for two other challenges already. Alvarez should be brought on for him.

Finished 2-0 to Napoli, the second half was good and Inter could have had a goal or two but Napoli deserved the win. I hope they go on to win it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

dor83 wrote: »
    Finished 2-0 to Napoli, the second half was good and Inter could have had a goal or two but Napoli deserved the win. I hope they go on to win it now.
    Me tooooooooo!!!! I really enjoyed that victory. You just cannot beat Inter enough times in one season. Napoli were full value for their win, a few nervous moments late on (De Sanctis made some great stops) before Cavani wrapped up proceedings by doing a merry dance around the Inter back four. Was really not impressed with Milito's diving antics, he should stick to the football because a career in theatre would surely not suit him.

Avanti Napoliiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Balls to that :D

I'm hoping this is the year of the silver star!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

What a goal by Del Piero the last day. What a man.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

ESPN showing Milan v Cagliari..Iain Dowie relaying all the stats he ever found out about Cagliari and Milan about its defence:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ibra is such a sexy bastard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Nocerino has been, for me, the best signing for any team in Siere A this season! Man can't stop scoring screamers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Seaneh wrote: »
    Nocerino has been, for me, the best signing for any team in Siere A this season! Man can't stop scoring screamers!

Yeah, I don't think he'll sustain anything near his current strike rate long term but it's hard to argue that he's not the value signing of the year.

• Advertisement

Nocerino has been, for me, the best signing for any team in Siere A this season!

Apart from Pirlo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Has being class in the few games I've seen of him so far.
    How much was he signed for?

Is there a more frustrating side than Napoli currently in Serie A?!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

grenache wrote: »

It's painful stuff, isn't it? I don't think any team can have weirder results than Napoli this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

carlop wrote: »
    grenache wrote: »

It's painful stuff, isn't it? I don't think any team can have weirder results than Napoli this season.

Must be very frustrating. Turns out Champions league was a bit of a poison chalice for them this season, going to be really difficult to hang onto stars next season without CL football, despite the club being fianancially sound.

I think part of the problem is that teams are more wary of their counter attacking style this season and Napoli at times lack a "plan b" if things aren't going their way and find it difficult to break down a side who defend deep with lot of numbers. So they tend to do well against the bigger sides who'll always attack but are struggling against the minnows. Also many teams have copied their formation this season which neutralises it's effectivness. Add all this to complacency at times and it explains why a seemingly guaranteed top 3 team are underperforming so badly in the league.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Must be very frustrating. Turns out Champions league was a bit of a poison chalice for them this season, going to be really difficult to hang onto stars next season without CL football, despite the club being fianancially sound.

I think part of the problem is that teams are more wary of their counter attacking style this season and Napoli at times lack a "plan b" if things aren't going their way and find it difficult to break down a side who defend deep with lot of numbers. So they tend to do well against the bigger sides who'll always attack but are struggling against the minnows. Also many teams have copied their formation this season which neutralises it's effectivness. Add all this to complacency at times and it explains why a seemingly guaranteed top 3 team are underperforming so badly in the league.

Yeah I think teams have figured us out to an extent. We also lack a Plan B in terms of personnel too, especially in the centre of defence and midfield.

We're only 9 points off third, but Inter look ominous at the moment and every team above us is playing much better than we are.

The only way to get back into the CL will be winning it. What will probably will happen is that we'll beat Chelsea, Barca, Madrid and lose to Apoel in the final.

Apart from Pirlo.

Pirlo costs more in one months wages than we paid for Nocerino's transfer, he's several years older, injury prone and his wages are insane.

He's having a good year but Nocerino was a better value signing.

Juve's best signing in recent times is still Barzagli.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Has being class in the few games I've seen of him so far.
    How much was he signed for?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Lazio will probably sign Keisuke Honda for about 14m, great deal imo.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Very good bit of business by Inter in signing Guarin. Must not have long on his contract to be going for €11 million.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Lazio will probably sign Keisuke Honda for about 14m, great deal imo.

I like Honda, but he's very overrated especially on this forum (other threads namely).

Based on their reaction when he seemed close to signing for Juve a few weeks ago, Porto fans didn't seem to be overly concerned about the prospect of losing him.

Edit: Guarin, that is.

Edit again: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/01/20/2856427/a-warning-to-juventus-potential-january-signing-fredy-guarin-has-

Thiago Motta to PSG has been agreed, he'll be a big loos for Inter imo, he has been very important for the team and the results show that with him in the side the win rate is much higher.

On another note, why the hell do Milan want Muntari, glad he has finally been got rid of and will never play another game for Inter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Dont post often on this forum cos Samp. are in Serie B but Palombo to Inter makes me :(

I have a soft spot for Samp and I've always like Palombo. At this stage in his career he isn't a great signing for Inter though.

Juve have gotten rid of Amauri, Iaqutina, Motta and Toni. Unfortunately Sorensen is gone too.

• Advertisement

I have a soft spot for Samp and I've always like Palombo. At this stage in his career he isn't a great signing for Inter though.
    He is on loan until the end of the season, costing €1m, with a €4m option then so it's not a bad signing, whether he and Guarin combined can make up for the loss of Motta I'm not sure though. I really think the club have messed up letting Motta go, we're going to need the two new lads to settle in fast or it could end up costing us any chance we have of getting the 3rd CL spot.

Line-ups for Inter v Palermo:

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 23 Ranocchia, 55 Nagatomo; 4 Zanetti, 19 Cambiasso, 18 Poli; 10 Sneijder; 7 Pazzini, 22 Milito.
    Bench: 12 Castellazzi, 2 Cordoba, 26 Chivu, 17 Palombo, 20 Obi, 28 Zarate, 30 Castaignos.

Palermo: 1 Viviano: 6 Munoz, 2 Mantovani, 3 Silvestre, 42 Balzaretti; 31 Pisano, 23 Donati, 5 E. Barreto; 14 Bertolo; 9 Budan, 10 Miccoli.
    Bench: 33 Tzorvas, 13 Aguirregaray, 17 Vazquez, 20 Acquah, 24 Mehmeti, 27 Ilicic, 31 Pisano.

And Lazio v Milan:

Lazio: Marchetti; Konko, Biava, Dias, Radu; Gonzalez, Ledesma, Lulic, Matuzalem; Hernanes; Rocchi
    Bench: Bizzarri, Diakitè, Stankevicius, Scaloni, Garrido, Candreva, Rozzi

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Mesbah; Ambrosini, Van Bommel, Nocerino; El Shaarawy; Robinho, Ibrahimovic
    Bench: Amelia, Bonera, Zambrotta, Mexes, Seedorf, Emanuelson, Maxi Lopez

425879_262998703768653_153353974733127_599548_1751435410_n.jpg

Who the **** are Milan :D

Miccoli and Milito hat tricks, Palermo Inter finishes 4-4 lol!

• Advertisement

Oh Napoli, why must you hurt me so much.

Last season Cavani scores that 1-on-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Miccoli and Milito hat tricks, Palermo Inter finishes 4-4 lol!

Best fact ever RT from Marcotti:
    First time 8 goals in a game have come from players beginning with the letter M

Great results for Juve.

carlop wrote: »
    Yeah I think teams have figured us out to an extent. We also lack a Plan B in terms of personnel too, especially in the centre of defence and midfield.

We're only 9 points off third, but Inter look ominous at the moment and every team above us is playing much better than we are.

The only way to get back into the CL will be winning it. What will probably will happen is that we'll beat Chelsea, Barca, Madrid and lose to Apoel in the final.

Nail on head.

Mazzari only knows one way to play, it's always counter with speed, we often commit too many men forward, Zuniga/Dossena and Maggio on the other wing in particular always push up. That's great if the attack doesn't break down, but if it does it leaves us particularly vunerable with a back three. A back three with includes Aronica! Which is effectively a back two :) Not with-standing the fact that Campagnaro often likes to go on these galloping runs up-field, often being dispossessed, which leaves us even more vunerable. 4-4-2 or a variation of it, must be employed in some games, depending on how the opposition sets themselves up.

Mazzari also has this stupid rotation system. I'm always of the notion that you put your best 11 on the field as much as possible. It's a reward for those who are performing best, and a good motivation for those who are not being picked for the first 11. The way things are at the minute, the likes of Dzemaili and Fernandes know they will get a full 90 minutes every couple of weeks at least. There is no incentive to play well, those who do aren't fully guranteed of a game, and those who play poorly i.e. Aronica, are nearly always guaranteed their place. Also when Inler is rested, there is no enforcer in the middle of the park, nobody to dictate. And nobody to hold back when Gargano goes forward.

Tonight was a good example of the a less talented opposition coming to San Paolo and parking the team bus in front of goal. And it worked. Why, because we didn't adapt to how Cesena were set up.

Napoli are quickly becoming a one trick pony, teams have snuffed us out. Chelsea will be rubbing their hands with delight.

Great results for Juve.

As my Juve supporing pal put it on his facebook: "SENZA GIOCARE... VINCIAMO SENZA GIOCARE!"

He is some hero. Di Natale puts Udinese 1 up v Milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

The unsung hero! Top 10 strikers in the world easily

Some come-back from Lazio against Cesena, 0-2 down, win 3-2.

Great come back from Milan. Maxi equalised and minutes later El Shaarway looks to have won it for them.

Inter lose at home to bottom of the table Novara. Novara have won three games all season ... doing the double over Inter :pac: Apparently they had a good call for a peno go against them.

Inter lose at home to bottom of the table Novara. Novara have won three games all season ... doing the double over Inter :pac: Apparently they had a good call for a peno go against them.
    I thought it was a good tackle to be honest, looked to me like he got the ball before he touched Poli, but the stream I was watching wasn't great. Novara deserved it imo, Cesar made a few good saves in the second half to keep it at 1-0. Ranieri made some stupid subs too, taking off Poli and Alvarez who were both playing well and leaving on Stankovic who wasn't, why Nagatomo didn't start I don't know either. It is also no coincidence that we have only got 1 point since losing Motta, that was a big mistake that looks like costing us any chance of a CL spot.

• Advertisement

I thought it was a good tackle to be honest, looked to me like he got the ball before he touched Poli, but the stream I was watching wasn't great. Novara deserved it imo, Cesar made a few good saves in the second half to keep it at 1-0. Ranieri made some stupid subs too, taking off Poli and Alvarez who were both playing well and leaving on Stankovic who wasn't, why Nagatomo didn't start I don't know either. It is also no coincidence that we have only got 1 point since losing Motta, that was a big mistake that looks like costing us any chance of a CL spot.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but is it true Motta wanted out of the club despite Raneiri saying he wanted to keep him? Fairly sure I read that recently on another forum. Gotta say I was massively surprised to see that transfer happen.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but is it true Motta wanted out of the club despite Raneiri saying he wanted to keep him? Fairly sure I read that recently on another forum. Gotta say I was massively surprised to see that transfer happen.
    There has been a lot of things said about it but I think if the club had tried to keep him until the summer at least it would have happened, he had a contract and if the club had really wanted to keep him he would still be there. That deal was about reducing the wage bill imo.

It is very worrying times for Inter fans, the new TV deal, the potential loss of CL money and the FFP regulations all mean that costs need to be reduced by a lot. I think that this summer is the time to bring in a manager who is given full backing to change things and Moratti needs to give one last big amount to help with getting new, younger players to help build a new team. The first thing that needs to happen is Sneijder needs to go, he has been poor for a while, when he's not injured, and his wages are too much. Players like Cordoba and Stankovic need to be got rid of as well, and maybe even players like Milito, Forlan, Samuel and Lucio who are all too old too.

Too soon?

417535_270279996373857_153353974733127_613473_1984065056_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,593 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Roma really are all puff and no huff.

Not a good performance by Juve today. Pirlo kept giving the ball away and Matri's touch was way off. Having said that, Parma didn't create a single real chance.

Two games on tonight, both kick off at 7:45. Fiorentina v Napoli is on ESPN, line-ups are:

Fiorentina: Boruc; Gamberini, Natali, Nastasic; Cassani, Behrami, Montolivo, Olivera, Vargas; Amauri, Jovetic
    Bench: Neto, Felipe, Salifu, Romulo, Marchionni, Ljajic, Cerci

Napoli: Rosati; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Britos; Maggio, Dzemaili, Inler, Dossena; Hamsik, Lavezzi, Cavani
    Bench: De Sanctis, Fernandez, Grava, Gargano, Zuniga, Dezi, Pandev

and Inter v Bologna line-ups are:

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 23 Ranocchia, 55 Nagatomo; 4 Zanetti, 19 Cambiasso; 37 Faraoni, 10 Sneijder, 9 Forlan; 7 Pazzini
    Bench:12 Castellazzi, 26 Chivu, 18 Poli, 17 Palombo, 20 Obi, 28 Zarate, 20 Castaignos

Bologna: 1 Gillet; 84 Raggi, 90 Portanova, 5 Antonsson; 8 Garics, 15 Perez, 26 Mudingayi, 3 Morleo; 10 Ramirez, 23 Diamanti; 9 Di Vaio
    Bench: 25 Agliardi, 6 Taider, 13 Pulzetti, 21 Cherubin, 33 Kone, 48 Rubin, 99 Acquafresca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

The way Inter are going, Ranieri will be doing well to still have a job on Monday

The way Inter are going, Ranieri will be doing well to still have a job on Monday

Bizarre change of form. I've only watched them in the derby and the cup game against Napoli, but surely they must have been playing quite well to go on the run that they did.

Napoli are 1 up and it could be more, but they haven't had it their own way by any means. Fiorentina are always a dangerous team.

It's not all his fault, the players have been useless too and the management, Moratti, Branca etc., have to take some of the blame too. Having said that, I would probably get rid of Ranieri now too and let Baresi take over for the rest of the season, he can't be any worse than what we have now.

There was a bit of luck involved in the run and they haven't played well since the Milan game. As I have said a few times, Motta made a big difference in this team and he has been a huge loss, that is not the only reason for the poor performances but it is a big part of it imo.

• Advertisement

Comfortable in the end and a great warm up for Tuesday. Only 5 points of 3rd now, and if Inter continue to collapse it removes one of the more dangerous opponents from the CL race. If we can beat them next Sunday it'd be a huge result for both teams.

Advertisement