Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

**** thought this was all over after juve scored the first. milan looked the better from what ive seen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

this is over

Milan were better in the second half, been **** in ET though, Juve deserve the win.

Vidal made no attempt to play the ball there!

This ref has been pretty muck...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

Seaneh wrote: »
    It's the most competitive league in Europe, most games are very entertaining.

I'd have to disagree there, the Bundesliga has had 5 different winners in the past 8 years whereas IIRC serie A has only had 2 in the same timeframe.

sandt wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree there, the Bundesliga has had 5 different winners in the past 8 years whereas IIRC serie A has only had 2 in the same timeframe.

The difference in points between first and last in Serie A is lower than any of the other top leagues, it's more competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

The difference in points between first and last in Serie A is lower than any of the other top leagues, it's more competitive.

No........heres the science bit.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/01/27/2868528/revealed-bundesliga-is-more-competitive-than-la-liga-serie-a

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Happy that Juve went through tonight. Now we need Napoli to do their job tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

"I exchanged jerseys with Seedorf because he's a friend and a great player, plus at my age it's better to cover yourself at this time of the night." :D

i8zIN.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Well done to Juve. As a Milan fan, it was no disgrace to lose to that quality goal. Thought we played well.

Technically speaking, is that Juves unbeaten run over as it was 1-2 after 90? Or is it counted as 2-2 (by right imo)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Well done to Juve. As a Milan fan, it was no disgrace to lose to that quality goal. Thought we played well.

Technically speaking, is that Juves unbeaten run over as it was 1-2 after 90? Or is it counted as 2-2 (by right imo)?

Excellent game last night and what a goal to win it.

Was delighted there was no controversy.

I don't think you could count it as a loss seeing as Juve are through.

It'll be interesting to see if the ET affects Juve for Sunday night's game vs Inter Merde. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

That second Napoli goal, perfect piece of counter football.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    That second Napoli goal, perfect piece of counter football.
    Perfection indeed. One touch football. The pass from Lavezzi to Hamsik, and then from Hamsik to Cavani were both sublime. Scary level of understanding between them.

As a Napoli fan I'll most definitely be attending the final. Even more so when my best friend supports Juve. Hopefully the guys can erase the horrible memory of '97 final.

Ibra proved again tonight just how good he is. His brace was top class and yet again he scored when it counted. Milan are doing so well despite their insane injury list. Hopefully the team can keep going. Forza Milan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Juve v Inter kicks off in about 35 mins, I fully expect Juve to win this but Inter should be well up for it and a win would seriously hurt Juve's title challenge. The Juve fans are promising a spectacular coreo tonight, hope we actually get to see it. Hope Guarin gets a run out today too. Line-ups are:

Juventus: 1 Buffon; 4 Caceres, 15 Barzagli, 3 Chiellini, 11 De Ceglie; 22 Vidal, 21 Pirlo, 8 Marchisio, 7 Pepe, 32 Matri, 14 Vucinic.
    Bench: 30 Storari, 19 Bonucci, 20 Padoin, 34 Marrone, 10 Del Piero, 18 Quagliarella, 23 Borriello.

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 23 Samuel, 55 Nagatomo; 4 Zanetti, 5 Stankovic, 18 Poli, 20 Obi; 9 Forlan, 22 Milito.
    Bench: 12 Castellazzi, 23 Ranocchia, 26 Chivu, 37 Faraoni, 14 Guarin, 19 Cambiasso, 7 Pazzini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

560013_414466438580591_171522852874952_1622994_964534130_n.jpg

Yeah, they showed it before the game. I expected more, I expected something spectacular, it was just that and the sides were just black and white.

Not been a bad game, we need Pazzini on for Forlan. Hopefully there's goals in the 2nd half.

dor83 wrote: »
    Yeah, they showed it before the game. I expected more, I expected something spectacular, it was just that and the sides were just black and white.

Not been a bad game, we need Pazzini on for Forlan. Hopefully there's goals in the 2nd half.

A bit disappointing really. That stadium has the potential for an epic display.
    Game has a draw written all over it.

• Advertisement

Neat header from Cáceres from a corner puts juve in lead. Diabolical defending from Inter though.

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Neat header from Cáceres from a corner puts juve in lead. Diabolical defending from Inter though.
    That is nothing new for Inter this season, the only game I remember them defending well was the Milan game.

Coutinho scored again for Espanyol today, don't understand why he was loaned out, we could do with him right now.

More poor defending, I reckon a few of the Primavera team should be brought into the first team for the rest of the season now. They can't do much worse than the senior players and it would be a nice reward for them winning the NextGen Series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Finished 2-0 Juventus.

Del Piero with excellent second goal.

Juve should have had another one or two.

Great result.

Ranieri gone, whos next??? the team looks so stagnant

Inter have released an official statement on their website saying Stramaccioni is taking over from Ranieri. I might be wrong but that is how I read it.

EDIT: It's on the English site now too and that is what it says. Good to see as it will mean some of the younger players get a chance hopefully.

• Advertisement

Cassano restarted full training today, this pleases me.

Link here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Great news. A loose cannon, but a talented loose cannon. Calcio needs more Fantantonios!

About the Napoli - Catania draw from last weekend - fcuk me! It was the most entertaining game of the season! It had everything, great goals, comical attempts at defending, blatant fouls not given, terrible misses and a late sting in the tail:

Cassano restarted full training today, this pleases me.

Link here

Great news. I hear he will be in the squad against Fiorentina on the 7th.

Floodlight failure delaying Parma Lazio game. Parma 2-1 up and were looking good for a third. Will be bad timing for them.

• Advertisement

www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/140261

Yet another legitimate Milan goal disallowed.
    BUT you could barely decide on tv replays so you cant blame assistant.

Didn't look all the way over the line to me. The Catania goal that was disallowed however.................

Not suprised Catania nicked a point, they are a serious team. Great win for Parma too.

Can somebody put up the lineups for Juve - Napoli tonight?

grenache wrote: »
    Not suprised Catania nicked a point, they are a serious team. Great win for Parma too.

Can somebody put up the lineups for Juve - Napoli tonight?

Only probable line-ups. Think Conte is still thinking.

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/match/64168/juventus-vs-ssc-napoli/preview

Catanias offside goal was offside. The assist player was offside when first ball came in. Flag was up before it came to the would be goal scorer.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Crazy game in Milan...... Inter 5-4 Genoa it finished. Couple of red cards, couple of Gila goals, load of penos and a hat trick for Milito!

Yeah, it was a decent game. Inter actually played ok, were much better going forward but still not good at the back. The ref wasn't great though, Belluschi shouldn't have been sent off and Genoas first pen shouldn't have been either, the others were pens though and Cesar had to get a red too so he did get the majority right I suppose. I thought Guarin did well when he came on, took a couple of awful shots but in general he worked hard and did well, winning the pen too. I was hoping to see Livaja get on for a few mins but Cesar getting sent off meant that wasn't going to happen. I'm much more optimistic about Inter now that Ranieri is gone, some of his decisions were just crazy, especially his subs.

Juve v Napoli line-ups are:

Juventus: Buffon; Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, De Ceglie; Borriello, Vucinic
    Bench: Storari, Caceres, Pepe, Giaccherini, Quagliarella, Matri, Del Piero

Napoli: De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica; Maggio, Gargano, Inler, Zuniga; Hamsik, Lavezzi; Cavani
    Bench: Rosati, Fernandez, Britos, Dossena, Dzemaili, Pandev, Vargas

Napoli giving nothing to this game. Juve looking good but Boriello is being himself.

They're starting to get into the game now, they've had a couple of half chances and are getting more possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Dossena on for Maggio... nasty feeling of deja vu from the Chelsea game.

• Advertisement

Borriello is so frustrating. Especially considering Matri, Quag and Del Piero are on the bench.

I say bring Pepe and Matri on for Bonucci and Borriello. 4 3 3.

Pandev doing his best Duracell Bunny impression since he came on.

Terrific goal by vidal there. And what a cheeky chip by vucinic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Very poor performance from Napoli today, though at least they haven't lost any ground on Lazio or Udinese.

Juve were impressive in that second half, and generally very solid throughout the game.

grenache wrote: »
    Pandev doing his best Duracell Bunny impression since he came on.

Terrific goal by vidal there. And what a cheeky chip by vucinic

Pandev's two best performances this season must have been the two against Juve!

That was Quagliarella with the attempted lob. It would have been a classic Quagliagol.

That was Bonucci's best performance....ever?

Del Piero's first touch after coming on was brilliant. I'd love to see him getting longer in a game soon, he's looking really sharp. I'm still dreaming of him renewing for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/140261

Yet another legitimate Milan goal disallowed.
    BUT you could barely decide on tv replays so you cant blame assistant.

There's a goal line angle in this replay here:
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/did-it-cross-the-line-robinho-chance-v-catania/
    It was 100% definitely not a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Paparazzo wrote: »
    There's a goal line angle in this replay here:
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/did-it-cross-the-line-robinho-chance-v-catania/
    It was 100% definitely not a goal.

I think ball crossed the line for just about fraction of a second. I have seen pic. Link doesn't open in my office ws so I'm not sure this is the one I was looking for.

http://media3.acmilan.com/uploads/news/images/inac1[/url][1].jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB6AAmPPEGpprYcJjp3UZAHc5zgu3oZeLI3YNZS3B456LbE14pVNEvqg0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I think ball crossed the line for just about fraction of a second. I have seen pic. Link doesn't open in my office ws so I'm not sure this is the one I was looking for.

http://media3.acmilan.com/uploads/news/images/inac1[/url][1].jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB6AAmPPEGpprYcJjp3UZAHc5zgu3oZeLI3YNZS3B456LbE14pVNEvqg0

Check the replay when you get home. There's an angle that shows along the line, there's not even a debate if it's a goal or not. Milan obviously got a still from an inconclusive camera angle and are basing their claim on that. It's all a bit stupid by milan, they could at least complain about legitimate bad decisions against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Check the replay when you get home. There's an angle that shows along the line, there's not even a debate if it's a goal or not. Milan obviously got a still from an inconclusive camera angle and are basing their claim on that. It's all a bit stupid by milan, they could at least complain about legitimate bad decisions against them.

I have watched few replays which were very inconclusive. Haven't checked the one you posted.

Anyways after all the replays there is still discussion on this, must be like hell for linesman to get it right in real time. Even if the ball crossed the line, no one can blame linesman for not giving the goal. It was very very difficult decision. IMO what he did was spot on.

• Advertisement

Do you think throwing games for gambling is going on everywhere and only investigated in Italy, or is a uniquely Italian crime? And why don't they tell me beforehand which match to bet on? :(

Advertisement