Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

And why don't they tell me beforehand which match to bet on? :(
    There have been posts on it before! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72353290

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Looks like Pato's season is over. He broke down after 13 minutes the other night after a month and a bit out. He's had 13 muscle injuries since Jan 2010 and been all over the world trying to solve the problem. Milan's medical team nor any of the experts treating him can find the source and despite being deamed "cured" several times it just seems like he won't be better any time soon. Really hope they can get to the bottom of it and he can kick on. Still so young and has so much potential. Hope he can play next season.

Positive news. Cassano played in a friendly between the first team and the Primavera squad today. Played all 45 minutes and apparently looked good. He's been passed as ok to resume playing by his doctors and Calico Italia's doctors. Hopefully he can get into the team and onto the plant to Poland and Ukraine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Seaneh wrote: »
    Looks like Pato's season is over. He broke down after 13 minutes the other night after a month and a bit out. He's had 13 muscle injuries since Jan 2010 and been all over the world trying to solve the problem. Milan's medical team nor any of the experts treating him can find the source and despite being deamed "cured" several times it just seems like he won't be better any time soon. Really hope they can get to the bottom of it and he can kick on. Still so young and has so much potential. Hope he can play next season.

Positive news. Cassano played in a friendly between the first team and the Primavera squad today. Played all 45 minutes and apparently looked good. He's been passed as ok to resume playing by his doctors and Calico Italia's doctors. Hopefully he can get into the team and onto the plant to Poland and Ukraine!

Really hated seeing that. Pato has the potential to be one of the worlds best strikers, hes anexceptionally gifted young man I hope he can recover ASAP. He would be a real assist for Brazil in 2014.

I have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that Pato won't recover, ever. I really hope I am wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

All of Patos injuries have been at the San Siro. If he moves he has hope of playing but I think he will have to retire young. Thiago Silva seems to be going the same way..

• Advertisement

That post makes no sense.

Cassano is back In Milan's squad for today's game against Fiorentina.

Taken from Football-Italia.net
    Antonio Cassano is back in the Milan squad to face Fiorentina and Massimiliano Allegri confirms “he could be on the bench.”
    The striker has been out of action since suffering a mini-stroke on the way back from a 3-2 win at Roma on October 29.
    He underwent surgery to correct the congenital heart defect that caused it and was given the all-clear this week to resume his professional career.

This pleases me greatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Another favour for Milan today, a very soft penalty. This brings their total awarded to 9, and 1 against.

Contrast with Juventus, awarded 1, against 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Astonishingly, Amauri makes a difference for Juventus, scores the winner at Milan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Amauri puts Juventus top of the league!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

And Candreva (a Roma fan no less) puts Lazio ahead against Napoli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Having been citesly disappointed by Forest earlier, I was hoping of some relief from Napoli. They certainly don't do things the easy way, coming back into the game now though. Mazzarri on the touchline looks like he has a bomb in his pants.

I'm not watching it, but based on the line up it looks like Napoli are playing 4-3-3? I was wondering how they'd get around not having Zuniga or Maggio available. I never thought they'd play a back 4 though.

What an ingenius reverse pass from Lavezzi for Pandev's goal!!!!

Napoli can afford to lose Cavani or Hamsik, but in my eyes Lavezzi is irreplaceable. He makes everything tick. He is the heartbeat of the team.

If Messi had done a flick like that, there would be statues dedicated to him. What a player - Grande Il Pocho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Great results for Juve. What a dive from Maxi Lopez! Wonder if Milan have a shot of that dive on their home page complaining about biased refs?

Surely the goal of the season from Mauri there for Lazio, better than Rooney's against City.

Absolutely brilliant goal.

edit: Penalty for Lazio!

That penalty was a joke, napoli defence are always a disaster waiting to happen. Absolutely no need for the challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Milan just about did enough to get three points against Chievo. Milan looked very cagey at the end, the last kick of the game was a Chievo goal ruled out for offside..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Alex Del Piero scores his 289th goal for Juventus on his 700th appearance to make it 2-1 against Lazio.

An absolute legend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Alex Del Piero scores his 289th goal for Juventus on his 700th appearance to make it 2-1 against Lazio.

An absolute legend.

Hope he gets to 300!
    Great finish from Pepe for the first goal

And some effort from Vidal just after! He was 10m inside his own half

Il Capitano does it again! :D

That man is absolutely incredible. They have to renew his contract for next season.

Great goal by Pepe too. The first 44 minutes was an almost perfect performance by Juve.

CHStI.jpg

Well i'm relatively happy to see Juve leading with only six games remaining. The people's team in Italy, it would be nice to see the Milanese monopoly broken. I thought it was going to be another one of those nights against Lazio, where they would do everything except score a winner. Only a guy of Del Piero's experience and guile would have been cheeky enough to take a free kick in the manner that he did. Just sublime.

And it wasn't just the three points that were the most important thing for Juve last night, it was the fact that they could grind out the result despite missing numerous chances, they could have easily thought like me it was another of those nights, but fair play, they kept going, and got what they deserved. You really do need to be coming away with maximum points when you have over 70% possession and 27 attempts at goal! It also shows just how good Marchetti was between the sticks for Lazio! That said, we saw the worst and best of Pepe last night, his miss was quite embarassing; his goal, well, supremely athletic! But still not quite as good as Mauri's similar over-head kick for Lazio against Napoli last weekend.

Speaking of Napoli, they've gone to muck ever since the Chelsea defeat, it really knocked the stuffing out of them. At this point they remind me of a boxer who's been going 11 rounds and has been knocked to the floor twice, he's totally out on his feet or "siamo col culo a terra" as an Italian would say. They look exhausted. Defence has parted like Red Sea. A tough game against Lecce at the weekend awaits, especially given that Lecce have got some good results lately.

The Coppa Italia final will be a whitewash i feel. It's hard to see anything other than a comprehensive Juve victory.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Not Seria A I know but I don't anyone will mind me posting it here.

Livorno's Piermario Morosini has passed away after collapsing on the pitch in a game earlier on today :(

RIP

BREAKING NEWS:All italian football leagues suspended after the death of Piermario Morosini

terrible news

Shocking news :(

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

All league games are off this weekend as a result. He was a loaned out Udinese player. RIP

Udinese captain Antonio Di Natale says he may retire at the end of the season following the death of Piermario Morosini.

Di Natale said too much soccer is played in Italy and that ”last year I thought about retiring. … I’ll play these last six games for Mario and then we’ll see.”

While I appreciate the sadness felt throughout Italian football at this moment in time and the perspective the weekend events have probably have given him personally amongst many others, from a purely football point of view... I'd be gutted if he were to retire.

You just wonder, if a bigger club had come in for him over the last.. 8 or 9 years that's he has been at Udinese how many trophies he would have won by now.

• Advertisement

I think Juve were very close to signing him before they signed Quagliarella instead. It would've been interesting to see how he'd do.

Watching Napoli - Novara on Setanta, and i've never witnessed this kind of start to a game. The ref lasted 33 seconds before retiring with a shoulder injury. He's spent 15 minutes getting treatment, and now he's finally back out. Applauded off the field, and whistled back onto it! :D Gotta love the Napolitani!

No Pocho or Pandev tonight, but if they can't win this against a team bound for Serie B, then things are pretty bad.

Pretty average stuff from Napoli tonight. A laboured 2-0 win. Created enough chances to win comfortably, but Cavani seems to have gone a little off the boil lately. Tonight showcased once again that Lavezzi has made Cavani the player that he is, and without the former on the pitch, the latter and the whole team really suffer, just like they did tonight. I didn't see the point of Mazzarri starting both Dzemaili and Gargano, two similar type players. Vargas should have been given a starting berth up front with Cavani deployed a little deeper. The Chilean needs games and needs to score a goal, not much point in paying 16 million for a player if you're only going to sit him on the bench game after game.

The guys really need to perk up. If they play like that against Juve in the Cup final, i can see only a Bianconeri victory. Hopefully they will do Napoli a favour tomorrow by beating Roma. Would also be great if Lecce could nick a point at Lazio, fingers crossed.

Forza Il Partnopei!!

Ramirez puts Bologna a goal up against Milan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Genoa are four nil down at home to Siena and the fans have invaded the pitch in protest. The match has still not restarted!!

The fans are demanding the players take off their jerseys as they are not fit to wear them

The Genoa fans have actually blocked the tunnel and won't let any of the players through unless they hand over their jerseys. This is unreal!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Genoa Game has started again.

Brilliant start by Juve. Vidal puts them 1-0 up a few mins in.

2-0. Game over surely and not even in 10 mins in. Lovely finish again from Vidal.

Peno to Juve, Stekelenburg sent off. Hate seeing that tbf.

3-0, Cerci saves fro Pirlo who follows up. Should have let Vidal take it for his hat trick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Ever since Quag has come back into the team they've been excellent, such a huge fan of his. Hope he gets an Italy call up in the summer.

Vidal has been in amazing form too, he's the ultimate boss. Not a flaw in his game.

• Advertisement

I don't think he deserved a red there. Wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Very harsh red but a third goal was inevitable.

Final nail in Luis Enrique's coffin?

Juve firm favorites for the double and I can't wait to see them in the Champions League next year.

4-0 now, Marchisio

Definitely shouldn't have been a red card.

The scoreline flattered Juve. They didn't play particularly well but Roma were awful. Pirlo had a bad game IMO.

Milan were absolutely rode by the ref and his assistants today. Bonera's sending off wasn't a bad decission but Ibra was called offside several times even though he was clearly on.
    Another perfectly good goal rule out for no reason.

Cassano was very good when he came on.

Van Bommel was pants, on his birthday as well.

Actually, everyone was **** in the first half.

Grazie Juve, Grazie Lecce :) Milan are doing a United on it, i do believe this time 5 weeks ago they were 5 points clear? Really didn't expect Juve to overtake them, given the latter's difficulties in front of goal. But that man Napolitans love to hate, Quagliarella, seems to have added a lot to their game, great link-up player and can hold up the ball well. Vucinic and Pepe really seemed to have stepped up their game too, they create so many chances for Marchisio.

Full fixture list going on atm for those didn't know/need their footy fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭nickcave

Big day today in terms of that last Champions' League spot. Lazio just got the stuffing knocked out of them - going down 2-1 to Novara. Edy Reja must be losing the plot entirely right about now...

Napoli in dreamland at the moment - currently a goal up, with Inter beating Udinese. Roma also losing. If these become results Napoli are back in serious contention, having been all but out of the race a few days ago.

It couldn't happen, could it?

Brilliant counter from Inter there. Alavarez makes it 3-1 , could be a rout. Inter looking so dangerous on counter.

Sneijder's lovely finish for his 2nd - http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/wesley-sneijder-2-inter-milan-v-udinese/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Why are these games on so early?

• Advertisement
Advertisement